Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, its lovely and sunny here also, just getting ready have to leave for airport in 2 hours time picking hubby up.
    hope everyone has a great day

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Up a little later than normal with a banging head ache, I seem to be suffering from them quite a bit this week which is odd as I'm not a heady person more your pain in the butt type and I can honestly say that's literally!:hehe:

Travel safe Rosa.:thmb:

Yesterday I met one half of our new allotment neighbours and bless him it was sweet to see how much he and his family enjoyed the goodies Bob gave them to try, the guys are going to sort out the plot complete with shed and a ploytunnel for his mum in law who retires shortly.... I guess he's going to score some brownie points there. I have to admit it will be nice to have another lady down on the plot as there are so very few of us.

WARNING; Yesterday Bob took me to a Tesco Extra store to collect a new Ipod alarm clock as our local one doesn't supply them. While we were looking around Bob noticed some 1.8lt Kilner jars at a bargain price of 73p as apposed to nearly £3 that they were selling off! Needless to say we wiped out the shelf stock and went to pay for the items as the jars were quite heavy I asked the checkout girl to put all 8 jars through (which is something we always do with bulk loads) but after getting to the car Bob asked how much we spent and it was only then that I noticed the check out girl had only but one jar through! I did worry about it but I'm pretty sure Tesco can handle the debt don't you?

Popping over to the plots later on and collecting some shallots to pickle after all I have more than enough jars now.:hehe:

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

3. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Way to go Hel! I think that Tesco will be just fine :) The effect on them will be nowhere near the effect on you when you do your jars up with your goodies and the amount of pleasure you get out of that! Good deal :) I may have to see if our local Tesco have them - it's usually a store I avoid if I can - but 73p a piece - it's worth the effort to go there!
    Have just been up to the 'local' farm produce guy to pick up a fridge full of produce for a pig roast tomorrow my son is doing at his school for his teachers' end of year deal (enterprising young man!) After being provided the goodies in the original boxes, I have learnt that our 'local farmshop' produce provides the following:

Vine ripened tomatoes - fresh from the Netherlands and Spain
    New Potatoes from Bridge Farm in GT. Barford, Bedford,
    A lovely box of mixed lettuce heads - fresh from Wiltshire.
    The cucumbers, peppers and spring onions - not sure where they are from as they were not in the boxes.
    I don't mind paying extra at a local farmers stand for good quality food. But I also have the impression that when buying 'local' produce - that it truly is 'local' and has less carbon footprint on it than what I might buy in the grocery store. Apparently not. Am rather disappointed, although, the produce itself is very good looking. Cukes nowhere near as fresh as the ones I picked from our greenhouse the other day though :)

4. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,
    Its warm here and really breezy, no thunderstorms yesturday but it looks dark over the Mountain.
    If it doesnt rain in awhile, I'm going to go out and cut the grass.

Yummy....nothing like fresh vegetables.........ever better when its from your own gardens.
    Good to hear your cukes are doing great Natalie, i lost every single plant i had, so i'm glad i have some seed left and will try again next year.

5. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Hi everyone,

Popping back in,
    I've cut the grass, did all the trimming and now i have the hose on watering everything....it looked like storms earlier, but now its clear and sunny, so who knows huh.

6. Pippa

Pippa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,just got home from work and the weather is absolutely terrible.It has poured down all the way from South Shields.

Fingers crossed no one gets flooded.

7. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    ahhh clear and sunny is so much nicer than storms Penny - glad it took a change for the better :)

Unfortunately.....looks like it may have moved to Pippa's side of the world????? Is flooding in that area bad Pippa? I know that several spots in the country have been flooded in heavy rains in recent years.

8. Pippa

Pippa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a great walk before work this morning in wonderful sunshine N but boy when the skies opened it was bad.The roads were flooding pretty quick as the drains couldnt cope, but it has stopped now.

Regarding your last post,i am sure it will blow over.I think most of us just want a quiet life and friendly chat and don't really want to get into heated debates,especially this type.

I had no idea you had to change your name though.

9. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    .MOD HAT ON...!!!!!!!

Please can we stop these personal attacks on each other in this thread....!!!!!!! Please keep to the Good Morning Topic..!! Members please note that we have rules about personal public discussion... Please take a moment to refresh yourselves with rule 4..!!

10. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good evening everyone,

Well I have had another good day apart from it being busy as usual.:D We are nearly ready for the off but Mr Kandy wants to leave packing the car until tomorrow for obvious reasons.:D

We are having problems again with Poppy as she has gone AWOL yet again and refuses to come inside the house for no longer than 30 seconds so at this rate we are going to have to leave her here and ask our neighbours to pop round and feed her.It is worse than having kids:rotfl:

The weather doesn't look too promising for the next few days but we don't mind as it will be a nice rest and we are looking forward to seeing my sister and her hubby:)

Hel,I forgot to say we used to use Kilner Jars for our pickles.There used to be a shop in Town that sold all that sort of stuff but it has sadly closed down now.I don't pickle the quantities that I used to so I use jam jars that I get from the Lakeland shop.You sound as if you have got some good bargains there with your jars:gnthb:

Peri,do you mean the RSPB Headquarters at Sandy when you say the RSPB building,or is that something to do with your bird Forums?

It will be nice when you are completely settled in your new home and Good Luck when you have your plaster off next week.I will try to get some photos of the Exmoor ponies while we are away.We like to see them when we are down that way.:luv:

Shiney,I think they could be courgettesbecause they are pale green with stripes on them.Mr Kandy is cooking them and eating them so he must like them:p He picked the first French Beans of the year today so I must remember to take a piccy of them.We also have small Runner Beans so they should be ready for when we get back home.:)

Well I hope that by the time I get back on here the members who are having problems with each other on here have sorted out their differences and have kissed and made up.Failing that could they please go somewhere else to have their fallouts because I don't want to have to wade past all the negative talk before I can read some positive posts.:flag::) I suggest you both put your case to the Administrators of this forum and let them have the final say regarding your problems....Thanks:)

Hope you all have a great day/evening and hopefully will speak tomorrow:luv:

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Marley, Sorry,I was in the middle of typing when you put up your post and didn't see what you had written until after I had posted mine:oops::o:flag::flag::)

12. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Hi Kandy,

Sounds like you've had a busy day today.:thumb:

Hopefully you find Poppy, and she gets fed :hehe:

The weather here was supposed to rain, and its hot and totally sunny....so go figure :wink:

My friend called a short while ago and asked it i wanted to go to Walmart........it was hard but i said NO....figured i have enough bulbs.......5 bags worth :flag::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Well said on the last bit Kandy, regarding the negative posts...........i hope this all gets worked out, and i refuse to get pulled into it..........lets all just get along:gnthb::gnthb:

13. Pippa

Pippa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hope you enjoy your break Kandy and have good weather too.I will second finding and feeding Poppy :hehe:

I agree "A Happy Thread " :gnthb:

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Penny,did you see the bit I put up this morning about your mini greenhouses?I had a couple of them years ago when they had basicly just come on the market and find them a help when the greenhouse is overflowing,now they have gone through the roof with sales,because people who have no greenhouse can grow all manner of fruit and veg in them as well as flowers etc.

I do find though that after a number of years when water has seeped into the poles they do get difficult to pull apart.Hope you have plenty of years of use with yours:thumb:

It has started raining here now so hopefully the wayward cat will find her way home and then she will be all over Mr Kandyk-lk-l:D

Enjoy your bulb planting when you get it done.We often go on a garden centre/nursery crawl even when we are on holiday and have been known in the past to come home with bags of bulbs ,plants etc:rotfl::rotfl:

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Pip,we don't actually have to go until Saturday and the cats are not due to go to their holiday home until tomorrow sometime.We jsut get stressed out when she does this trick.She went missing for three hours the other Xmas and we eventully found her under the throw on the settee where I had laid my coat so didn't realise the little sod was under there.We were late getting away and ended up trying to put up an awning by torch light:(It was no joke I can tell you.No wonder I am going grey:p