Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Hiya Kandy,:)

I did see the post regarding the Greenhouses:thumb:......i was so excited to find them and for that price, its great.:yho:
    Now i wont have all my seedlings stacked on shelves that my husband made me, sitting on the freezer, that was beginning to be a pain in the tush:dh:, having to lift them off and on everytime i wanted somthing in the freezer!!:gnthb:

Grey hair.........:flag::flag: i have to color mine every 6 weeks or the pesky buggars are there :hehe:

2. Pippa

Pippa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Talking of grey hair,YIKES have to do my roots every 6 weeks too:old:

I get my eyebrows threaded too he he :hehe:

3. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    :hehe: I dont do my eyebrows, other then pluck them:dh:

My husband called me:), he had a guy in our shop after lunch, and this fella has decided to start his own delivery service:idea:.....and he guaruntees same day delivery to anywhere in Ontario:scratch:........thats fine and dandy to offer same day delivery:thumb:, but the problem is, that you can drive north of me for 2 1/2 days and still not leave Ontario :rotfl::rotfl:.........he had an accent and my husband pointed out that perhaps he should look at the size of Ontario before he offers same day delivery.............i mean from my house to get to the nearest Border is around 4 hours of driving......poor guy :rotfl:

4. Pippa

Pippa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Ha ha ha ha that is sooooo funny .Hope what he is delivering has lots of profit on,sounds like he will need it :lollol:

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Penny and Pippa,I haven't gone down the colouring route yet.There are so many products on the market,I wouldn't know where to start.I was looking at some wrinklies this lunch time and they were all their natural pensioners coour although a couple of them were actually white haired.Now I wouldn't mind that colour as opposed to the steely grey colour:D

Pippa there was a lady at our village fun day the other week having her eyebrows threaded and she looked like she wasn't enjoying the torture.:( I had my eyebrows waxed and shaped last year and the hot wax made my eye lids swell up.I have never gone back since:p

Penny,I take your word for it that your greenhouses were a bargain because I don't know how the Canadian money works out.I paid £14.99 for the Multigrow 2000 ones I bought.We also have some of the Haxnicks{spelling} net cloches thta we use on the allotment and they protect the crops and stop the plants from drying out too quickly in dry weather.Not sure if you can buy them over in your country:)

6. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    :hehe: I hope so too,

Anyhoooo, i am off, going to go outside and see if i missed anything while i watered earlier:wink:.......so have a great night everyone:) and i will check in tomorrow :thumb:

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Love it Penny although with my bad sense of direction I would be the same.I once suggested to Mr Kandy that we walked to a certain place not realising it was a good three miles from our house to that place.:oops::o:p:D

8. Pippa

Pippa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Threading is a bit uncomfortable the first time Kandy but it doesn't hurt after that and it gets a better shape than waxing.Mind you,i wax my legs myself and although it's worth it,it still hurts me because i am a wimp.:hehe:

See you tomorrow Penny.:thumb:

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Goodnight to you to as well.I am winding down soon as well.Enjoy your day:thumb:

10. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    I used my calculator and to convert from Canadian dollars into Pounds is 46 pounds( i think)......i would have so much trouble over there with your money......good thing my husband will be with me when we come over in a couple years or I'd be broke :hehe:

Threaded eyebrows.....thats new, i thought maybe you meant "treated" as in colored them........when i pluck mine, to eliminate the pain, i use Baby Anbesol, its a baby teething pain gel and it works like a charm, numbs the whole area....no pain at all:thumb:

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Here you go Penny and Pippa,this is threading.Looks quiet painful:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Got to admire the guys effort though! But there's the distance as you say, AND the snow, ice etc. I remember driving from Owen Sound down to Toronto Pearson - and on several occasions - the car was literally skidding down the street as the snow just blew across the road from the fields.

I've heard lots about this eyebrow threading...but honestly have no idea what it is - and would feel foolish going in somewhere asking! I don't like waxing eyebrows as never find it very accurate and you still have to pluck little bits anyway. What are the benefits to threading instead?

13. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    ooooooh - cross posted - do they tie 'thread' around the hairs and pull????? It looks painful......and in a parking lot?????? hmmmmm

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Natilie,It seems strange hearing an English person talking about parking lots as we know them as car parks:D

I have never had threading done so not sure how it works.These photos were taken up our village sports field when we had the village fun day on July 4th this year.I think the cars belong to the people doing the various events round the sports field and so would have their cars parked close to be able to get all their equipment ready,plus it would have caused havoc with residents parking:)

15. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    ahhh that makes sense Kandy! Might have to look into someone who does them as we do pamper evenings at the school through the pta, and I have yet to get organising on that one!
    Re the 'English person'.......well, I'm actually a mongrel of sorts :) Born in Scotland, but left there when I was 2 and moved to and raised in, Perth, Western Australia. Met my husband there while travelling around aged 19, and went to his hometown in Canada for a three month visit. Well, that was back in 1984. Separated and with new partner who is also Canadian and five boys later, in 2002 we relocated to England as partner went back into teaching, and the teaching jobs weren't in Canada - they were here. So......I say I'm a mongrel, but that's more my accent and the words I use. I no longer know if it's a windscreen/windshield, a hood or a bonnet, gas or petrol......but everybody figures out what I mean!