Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Hi everyone,:)

I forgot to log off earlier, so i had better do that now :dh::hehe:

Have supper on the go, and will be helping hubby outside tonight, as he throws the shingles down off the roof, i will be getting the nails and stacking the old shingles into piles to go to the dump later:thumb:..............so have a great evening and i will chat with you's tomorrow :wink::thumb:

2. Pippa

Pippa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Nat and Kandy.

I got into it because we have one in the same street as our shop.They do waxing too for legs but they do facial hair with threads.It is very private though.It is an Asian lady and she is fantastic.It works in the same way as plucking but takes out several hairs at a time.Just google threading (facial hair) to read all about it.How she does it is beyond me but the results are fab.Shapes much better than waxing but results are 2/4 weeks so not quite as long.Eyebrows cost £4 at the salon i use but waxing is £6.50 at the other salons.

Walking through the Galleries which is the shopping centre i use in Washington, they do it beside one of the barrows in full view of everyone.Not for me though.

Cheers for the pics Kandy :thumb:

3. Pippa

Pippa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Ha ha :rotfl: See you tomorrow Penny :rotfl:

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, sounds like everyone had a fun day yesterday, its pouring down here this morning, do hope the weather gets better kandy for your travels saturday morning.
    im off shopping today better take my brolly with me.
    have a great day all

5. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning Rosa - I hope the rain doesn't come our way! I've just come back from helping hubby set up a pig roast at his school - an afternoon feast for the teachers and staff once all the kids go home :) I've taken a pic of it as it looks so cool on the rotisserie - but of course in a couple of hours it will look (and smell!) so much better :)
    Enjoy the shopping and have a great day everybody!

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning Rosa,Nat and everyone.

Good news,Poppy came in at nine last night after I stood at the back door calling her name and once she was far enough inside I quickly put the slide into the cat flap so neither her or Willow could get out again:yho:so hopefully we will get them to the cattery this morning and that will be one job out of the way:D

Mr Kandy has pulled a muscle in his back yesterday at the allotment :oops: and he has had to use my heat pad last night to help ease it.He is still hobbling round this morning:(

Shiney,here is a photo of the Cougettes.The dark green one is the ones we uaully grow but not sure about the light green ones as they are growing rather large:oops::p
    [​IMG]
    Anyway,I had beytter go and get ready as we have plenty to get done today.I am glad that I got the lawns mown because it has been raining over night and is still doing it now:(
    Hope you all have a great day:)

7. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Good morning everyone, well what a difference in the weather this morning! Absolutely tipping it down which means I have to do some painting indoors, :(. Some of my containers have been totally swamped by the amount of rain we've had. Will have to go on a rescue mission when it stops,:)

Have a good day all.

cheers

8. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow Kandy - they look totally different to each other! Strange if they were 'courgette' seeds that were planted, as the lighter ones certainly do look like a marrow - not even an overgrown courgette.
    The rain can stop at any moment now - just running eldest son back to the school to man the fire on the pig roast.......rain and open flame - just don't mix! Fingers crossed :)

9. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,476
    Good morning everyone,

Wow! So many posts yesterday s00k. Haven't had time to read them all properly. :)

Kandy, a lot of our courgettes look the same colour as your lighter ones (including the markings) but they do look a bit on the chubby side (I'm being very PC for a change :hehe:) for courgettes.

Got a busy day today. Out for lunch with friends then later in the afternoon we have to drive 50 miles to meet up with a group of cousins for dinner. It's a hard life being retired :old: :). I've also got to start preparing things for lunch for Mrs Shiney's students tomorrow.

Have a great day :D

10. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    :) Good morning everyone,

Its sunny out again, no rain at all yesturday, so thats good roofing weather:thumb:

I have never tried a Cougerette, what are they like, kind of looks like a zuchinni and a melon?
    Enjoy your lunch today Shiney :thumb:

Oh yaaaa, i am so glad that Poppy came home for you Kandy....must have been hungry huh:hehe::gnthb:

11. Pippa

Pippa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Afternoon all,it is still tipping it down here and we had to leave work 30 minutes sooner than normal as the roads from Shields to Durham weren't too good.It is still throwing it down as i speak and think much the same throughout the North East at least. :hehe: Have to laugh :lollol:

Haven't grown cougettes Kandy but first time i had the dark green ones was in Italy and i loved them.T often puts them in stir fries .You know what Penny,it is difficult to describe their flavour :scratch:Really pleased Poppy came home safe and sound too.Hope Mr Kandy improves soon especially when you are having a break.

Hope everyones day has been good.We walked along the coast with Skye as usual this morning before work but got soaked ha ha.k-l Couldn't take any pics either as my card is broken.The sea was very choppy.

12. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Hiya Pippa....

Hmmm, that just makes me want to try them, i dont believe i have ever had one, and if i did, i didnt know it.

Still sunny and warm here, so thats good for Brad roofing this afternoon~~~~

Gotta get my kids off to work here soon.

13. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Hi all
    Just walked back from art and now about to start getting things sorted here.

14. Pippa

Pippa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Kath and Penny,i am just tucking into some pasta shells then off for a soak and change.:thumb:

15. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Hello there,

What kind of art Jazmine??