Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Penny - a courgette is what zuchinni's are called here in the UK. Courgette bread doesn't have the same tone to it though as 'zuchinni bread' :)
    Pippa - hope you are safe and warm and the weather doesn't cause too many problems up your way.
    Glad Poppy has made it home safe and sound - we had a sheepdog that took off on us one time during Fireworks night - and all around were fireworks going off. Rum didn't like them and disappeared for a couple of days, couldn't find him anywhere. He finally came home - really dirty, obviously had hidden under bushes as had all kinds of plant material stuck in his fur :( He sure was happy to get inside and get a good drink and a meal though :)
    Penny - we can send the rain from England over your way if you like???????

2. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Penny this is art class and we can paint or draw, whichever we like. I am sketching at the moment as I need to "brush up" lol on my painting technique. Today the teacher went through our work while we all sat round, a bit embarassing really.
    The other art I do is art therapy which I absolutely love. It's a great way to unwind!

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone,

As you can see I am up early this morning{4am}:ywn: and still here:D.Mr Kandy felt too shattered and with his muscle problem plus wind and rain he decided and I seconded it to go this morning so at least we got a fairly decent nights sleep:snz::ywn: It is quiet windy here this morning but at least none of the wet stuff keeps falling on our heads{song in there somewhere:D}Mr Kandy packed everything away last night apart from his yukky skimmed milk so I have opted for crackers and cheese spread washed :ywn: down with a nice mug of Earl Grey:D

I might get back on before I close down the laptop just before we go,if not hope you all have a good week in all that you do :ywn: and will see you next Monday/Tuesday:ywn:

Take Care
    Kandy:luv::ywn:

4. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning Kandy - glad to see I'm not the only one up at this time! No idea why I've woken up - but once up.....that's it for me! Good idea to wait in the weather conditions - no fun driving anywhere in strong winds and rain, and much safer to have had a good nights sleep and drive in daylight. Enjoy your cup of tea, I'm enjoying my coffee :) Have a safe trip :)

Today is our allotment's 'open day'......so hoping at least it won't rain all day - though it's not looking too promising out there and it's quite windy. Am hoping to get down there with the kids to work on the plot - no doubt there's even more weeds - but simple for the kids to pull out as they'll be tiny and pullable :) Have a great day everybody!

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning everyone, the weather is teribble here just rain, rain and more rain this morning been windy also.
    kandy have a great holiday hope your weather is fine for you and mr kandy speak when you get back.
    natalie do hope weather is fine for your allotment open day have a great time.
    have a great day all

6. Pippa

Pippa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow and i thought i was up early except i had too get up as i am at work this morning so had to get up :thumb:Looking forward to my bacon and eggs cooked by T :yho:

Morning Kandy, Nat and anyone else who pops in.

It is still very wet and windy here and we are off to cash and carry before walking Skye and starting work at nine.

Hope the weather is good for working outdoors Nat .

Enjoy your weekend Kandy :gnthb:

7. Pippa

Pippa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning Rosa,snap, it is absolutely horrible here too.

I am going to have my breakfast and then off to get ready for work.Have a supa day :)

8. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,476
    Good morning everyone,

Kandy, have a good holiday and I shall try and put in an order for good weather for you :) but I'm not so good at long distance weather control :hehe:. Hope Mr Kandy's back is feeling better :gnthb:

It's a beautiful sunny but very windy day. I'll finish off get the food ready for the students and then I'm off to a bridge tournament all afternoon and evening.

Have a great day :gnthb:

9. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Morning everyone :)
    Not sure where you are off to Kandy but have a lovely time.
    Hope the weather holds for you Natalie and how good to get children involved with the allotment.
    Pippa don't work too hard and Shiney enjoy your bridge tournament.

We are pottering about here today also going over to MILs to help them although they are coping well it seems.

Have a super weekend everyone whatever you are doing :)

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning pippa, shiney and jazmine.
    the rain has stopped what a suprise sun is trying to get out.
    jazmine kandy is away to the new forest area do hope the weather stays good for them.
    everyone enjoy your day

11. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Thanks Rosa, just got back from in laws. I went shopping with FIL - he was very good as he bought me some things for helping out!
    Just having a late lunch here!

12. Pippa

Pippa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys my weekend is just beginning :gnthb: so praying the weather is not too bad as we really want to get out into the garden for an hour tomorrow.

Just incase you peep in Penny, spotted your post regarding the church but it is just a brick built one, nothing special.Our church in Washington is really nice and real old.

Eeh hey Jaz, that sounds good,i like your dad in law :D

Hope you are having a good day Rosa and Shiney.:)

Our day started out a bit wet but still walked Skye before work,had a busy day and looking forward to a long hot soak after dinner and a glass of wine mmmmmm.

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning jazmine, pippa, shiney and everyone, shiney noticed you logged in, hope everyones weather is fine its sunny here with a slight breeze.
    pippa hope you enjoyed your wine last night.
    have a great day all

14. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,476
    Good morning everyone,

The sun is shining and it will be a nice day. :)

We're off to Art In Action today - near Oxford. Hundreds of artists of different sorts will be demonstrating how they work. Apart from different sorts of art there will be performances of a whole variety of music, dance and drama. :gnthb:

rosa, sorry to hear you are having more trouble with the car :(. You give them hell :mad: :thmb:

Have a great day :D

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney, hope you have a great day at the art in action thats sounds great and very interesting, the car mmm im not too pleased with that garage giving me back a dangerous car, they are getting it tommorow.
    have a great day, get some pics i will be interested to see the art