Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning natalie, woo, jazmine, shiney and everyone,
    lovely out there this morning hoping it stays nice all this week especially for going up to my new allotment on wednsday. just waiting to hear from garage about the car then have to call AA to pick it up another few days without the car its a joke this.
    everyone have a great day

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Nat, Shiney, Woo, Jaz, Rosa and all.

Don't know what was wrong yesterday couldn't log on!:cnfs:

Rosa darn that blinking car it's a royal pain in the butt isn't it?:mad:

Great to hear about you getting an allotment Rosa although I didn't realise that you were after one.

Nat alarm clocks are banned in our house at least for now no college or early starts which is a good job as I have started to go to bed very late indeed around 2am each morning!

Shiney I was able to mow our front lawn yesterday but not the back because it rained lol. Maybe today will dry up enough for that.

Spent at least four hours yesterday stripping the shallots for pickling they turned my hands all wrinkly with a hint of yellow very attractive NOT! Poor Bob was in tears when he came in to see what I was up to!:hehe:

In a few hours time they will be ready to pickle on.....that's and awful lot of pickling!:D

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen yes darn that car well darn that garage that did the work, i wasnt after an allotment just our friend just got it a large site and he was looking for someone to take over the other side as it was too big for him and i jumped in and said i will have it, as i always wanted a nice garden area and it will be great to grow my own veg.enjoy all that pickling not hehe
    have a great day

4. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its sunny here but says on the news its to rain, and it sounds like thunder off in the distance too.

Not doing anything today....had a busy weekend, so its relaxing today for me.

That would be a Tim's coffee Natalie, in fact i have one now, there is a little drive thru one 2 blocks from my house, and its great!
    Yep....you need to go and stock up, you are lucky that they sell it there, otherwise you would really be in a pickle huh!!

5. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Popping back in,
    I've been oustide and weeded and watered, and was going to cut the grass, but i will wait until later in the week and that way its done for the weekend.
    Speaking of weekend, i totally forgot that my town is holding our annual Elvis Festival.......thats right.....Elvis!!
    We have close to 150 impersonators come in to compete and some of these guys are truely amazing....you would swear its the "real deal", and others, you just want to shake your head and ask why!!

Here is a link, check it out.....www.collingwoodelvisfestival.com/ - Cached

Sorry, i am having some trouble with the link, but if you click on the cached page, it takes you to it.....and then click at the top of the cached page....elvis festival, and there you go.

We have people show up for this from Australia, Russia, and England, have met some, and very nice people.

6. Pippa

Pippa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

Hope all is well and that you have all had a great day.

That looks really interesting regarding Elvis Penny,i can imagine how popular it is.

It has been so warm and close here.

7. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh my goodness Penny - a Las Vegas convention in Ontario! lol - well it should certainly be entertaining - as you say, there are some really good ones, and then the ones you do wonder why. I'm thinking it's only a matter of time before the Michael Jackson impersonators are in the same numbers as the Elvis ones!

Having a lovley treat tonight for dinner - hubby and 8 yr old (actually, think he might be 9 now? oh dear!) are making a seafood paella for dinner. I won a bunch of bonuses at work for the last few weeks of it - and asked for them in Lakeland vouchers. Well, with their 50% off sale, it was like a mini Christmas for my shopping trip in there yesterday. One of the many things I bought was a large paella pan - so it's having it's first use tonight - and it's smelling awfully good in there - I can smell a healthy dose of white wine in there - glad he's teaching the kid the right cooking skills :) Hopefully they've left a glass to enjoy it with :)

8. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends Its a Tuesday another one of our Seven great days in front of us,I do hope that you are all well and OK,Have a lovely day and please take care and stay safe:)

9. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Where are you Woo you are normally here first before me. Ive not been on for a few days coz life has dealt me a few blows lately. After 18 months of ifs and buts Al and I have got through the last with a good as could be expected result. But in the past week Ive been told that my favourite aunt who has as always been there for us who has never drank or smoked, has throat cancer. unfortunatley it is inoperable. In the same breath Ive been told a friend of 32 years has stomache cancer and has been given 6 months to 12 months and she is only 50 for Gods sake. I cant seem to stop crying. The women in our family dont do that sort of thing as it makes us look weak.So I keep it in private as we dont put our imotions on show. Its not a done thing. But how am I dying inside. Its 4.15am The thought of sleeping is a million miles away. Sorry to burben you all, I just needed to get it of of my chest , so to speak. WendyX

10. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Sorry woo I take so long to type:) X

11. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Here I am :) Hi Takemore02 so very sorry that you are feeling a little fragile,Things will work out and get better ,all our lives are full of twists and turns and ups and downs,there,s nothing wrong with a good cry where ever you are ,as for sleeping try not to think about it ,I love the night hours and only had 4 hours sleep a night for years,Now you take good care of yourself :)

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo, takemore and everyone.
    takemore so sorry to hear of all the bad news your having lately,good friend of mine has just passed with cancer known him since my teenage years and another friend is ill with liver problems its so sad when family and friends are ill, do take care know what your going through.
    penny that sounds a great event with elvis presley hope your going to see them will be great
    its lovely here this morning sunny and nice and warm.
    have a lovely day all

13. Pippa

Pippa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning Woo,Rosa,Wendy and all.

Sorry to hear about your worries Wendy, not nice.

14. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning everybody - I know, I know, two days in a row that I let the unnecessary alarm go off.....I have now disabled the alarm - so shouldn't happen tomorrow.

Wendy - I don't know you at all, but big hugs your way - not nice. Please make sure that you talk to people though - keeping it in may be the way the rest of the family deals with it - but if that's not for you - please talk, rant, cry - whatever helps you to get over this initial phase. Hope you've been able to get some sleep.

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning pippa and natalie, lovely and sunny here , natalie is it the house alarm that keeps going off, sometimes they go off here takes ages for them to be switched off by owners quite loud arent they hehe.
    have a great day