Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Penny - similar situation with my son - his best friend has been doing a college course close to home - so no accommodations were needed. Unfortunately his dad got laid off with a lovely payout, his grandfather passed away leaving the estate to his dad, and then some good investments with the funds - the best friend's dad has purchased a 3 bedroom house - is not interested in rental income while his son is at uni getting his higher degree, and will be concentrating on selling it for a profit when the recession is over. So, needless to say, Ben and his girlfriend have unbelievable rent to basically cover costs of utilities. They have free rent over the summer as they are helping with the redecorating etc. of the house, and next week brings a shopping trip to Ikea to furnish the rest of the house - they have of course, got the stuff for their bedroom. We've known the parents who have bought it since we moved here in 2002 - very nice people, and I trust them implicitly when they give a great deal that they will not be throwing in any surprises. Girlfriends family are shocked that she has somewhere so cheap, and happy about the £300 per month savings from their budget!

Well, pigs have flown.....looks like my son has swine flu. So not alot will be happening around here the next few days while it's monitored. He was supposed to fly home to Vancouver yesterday to see his Dad, and I had to make the choice of facing the wrath of his dad, or keeping him here and not spreading it. I'm now facing the wrath of his dad with phone calls all night long spaced about ten minutes apart. Unfortunately his dad didn't purchase travel insurance on the flight.......so looks like I'm out the airfare which I paid 60% of - not impressed at that, but would rather be out the cash than being responsible for spreading the virus around. He was very lethargic yesterday with a mild temperature, this morning it was high - 38.5, so he's on things to bring fever down, and confined to his room. I guess i can truly call it a sty now right?????

Shiney - hope your leg is feeling better and you're not being stopped from doing things you enjoy - but do take it easy if you have to!

Hope everybody's having a good day :)

2. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    NatalieB your sons health comes first but what a pain having those phonecalls. :(
    Hope he recovers quickly- I'm sure he will with you looking after him. :)

Shiney oh dear that sounds horrible you poor thing :luv: It's a good job you went to see your GP!

Hel you sound just like me. I forgot to go into town to meet my friend for lunch. It was my treat, now I feel awful but I am meeting her next Monday. That's what happens when my poor brain is on overload :old:

Rosa, fingers crossed for you. Round here allotments can take years to get so hope you are lucky. :gnthb:

Penny hope you got your lawns cut and guess what - the seeds are shooting :yho:

3. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Oh how cool Jaz.....which ones??
    Cant remember what i sent to you (LOL)!!!!

4. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,668
    Good morning all my friends I hope that everyone is well and looking forward to another Bonus of a July day,everyone have a lovely day and please stay safe:)
    [align=center][​IMG][/align]

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo and everyone, nice and sunny here but dark clouds lurking just hoping that weather is nice 1st aug, for my trip to windermere, lakes district.
    jazmine its going to take 3 years to get an allotment but my friend is getting next one available very soon so will take half of his when he gets it but will keep my name on list for my own closer to home.ive started buying things to keep spades , forks, garden gloves and buying a lovely gazebo from B&Q with mesh sides, so i will have most things for when i get allotment, got a large cupboard so putting everything in there.
    helen got my car back yesterday its running great all fixed im pleased to say, the ariel was playing up wouldnt go up or down so friend put DW40 on it and its working great now
    have a great day all

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Rosa and all.

Well the ipod alarm went off this morning!:hehe:

Shiney hope all went well with your physio and it wasn't too uncomfortable with your added ailment. Fingers crossed you will be back on par soon enough.:luv:

Rosa when you have so much trouble with a blinking car you tend to look more closer around the whole thing everytime you get it back from the garage (or at least we did) are you doing the same? It's a horrible feeling hoping it's really fixed each time.

I hope you get your part share of an allotment soon enough Rosa I'm sure you're going to love it although just like me you're bound to get some stick (all in good jest of course) from the guys on the plots about growing flowers ...they tend to say things like 'if you can't eat it why grow it' I always tell them for Brownie points from their wifes!

Natalie I do hope your son has no underlining health problems and makes a speedy recovery as for his father he will just have to wait for your son to be fit enough to travel. Sorry didn't mean for it to come out sounding too hard but you know what I mean or at least I hope you do.

Natalie/ Penny one of our sons have already done the uni experience thankfully he went to Sheffield which is just up the road from us otherwise I really don't know how I would cope with him living away from home. I jest with Bob and awful lot that it's a good job both our children are boys otherwise if they were lasses they wouldn't be allowed out until they're 30!:D

Jazmine I tend to get brain freeze now and again it doesn't happen often but when it does and then starts to de-frost I think 'did I really do that!:doh:

Lovely morning just got my little corsa back on the road although not sure yet if I can do the peddles I will have to see otherwise Bob will have to drive me around although to save him his blushes I have almost totally un-pinked the car now.:D

Have a nice day guys and I hope the sun is shinning on you all too.Hel.xxx

7. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,481
    Good morning everyone,

Natalie, I hope your son is feeling better today :gnthb:. What does 'take it easy' mean? :scratch: :hehe:

rosa, I'm pleased your car is OK now :thmb: :)

I'm off out to do battle with the horrendous blackfly invasion on the runner beans :mad:. I won round one but they have rallied :( - even the beans are covered in them. This afternoon I have a funeral to go to so not too pleasant a day.

I think my leg is showing signs of responding to treatment :thumb:

Have a great day :D

8. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,481
  9. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone, :)

Its warm here and raining, its supposed to for the next 24 hours. :thumb:

And today is the opening day of the Elvis Festival here for the next 4 days:hehe:, there will be 150 Elvis impersonators here:yho:, all competing.....some really are amazing:gnthb:, and others, well.......:rotfl:

I'll go down tomorrow night and check it out:D

The hotels here are booked solid and they figure that there will be close to 75 thousand people here:thumb::thumb:

10. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning everybody - late start here for me this morning (afternoon?) - I have a virtual garden on facebook lol, and I had to do alot of work on there this morning as my crop all withered overnight! arghhhh I just love these little addictive things :)
    Thanks for wishes for son - still high temp after paracetemol and ibuprofen, last checked half an hour ago and was still 37.8 and that's with all the cooling down methods being used.

Wow - Penny that is truly an invasion on your town - I imagine your local paper will be full of Elvis sightings! lol

Take it easy Shiney? Hmmmm, yes, I don't know that those words would be in your vocabulary......you seem rather a busy person!

Hel - I have reset my blackberry alarm to not go off again until September 10th.....when I return to work :) Hope you get the one on your ipod sorted so it doesn't wake you again when you don't want to be awake!
    Well, have a great day everybody :)

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    afternoon, shiney, helen , penny and natalie.
    helen yes i do feel like that every time i get in the car, been out today in it, its fine and the allotment iff i get stick i,ll say you can eat nasturcians hehe, wait till they see my shed, gazebo and my tent hehe, getting a tent to stay overnight and camping equipment to make coffee and food on the barby.
    natalie hope your son is ok that must be awful and worrying that swine flu.
    penny enjoy elvis night get some pics for us to see
    thanks shiney the car is running great
    have a great day

12. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
  13. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    And one more, these were taken last year ( i think)
    [​IMG]

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    great pics penny look forward to seeing more, thanks for sharing

15. Pippa

Pippa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone,too many to mention :gnthb: hope all is well.

The pics are lovely Penny.I bet it's a great laugh.I have seen some awful impersonators and had a great belly laugh :rotfl:I can't understand why they think they are so good.:rotfl:

Hope your legs get better soon Shiney,not nice.:)

I have been racing about this past couple of days so looking forward to Saturday 3pm when i leave work he he and Sunday and Monday off. :lollol: