Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Hello everyone!
    Penny still looking on the photos for you.....
    Went to a garden centre today, left OH in the car and bought some plants which I enjoyed planting this afternoon. OH also treated me to a new "pop up" garden bin to put the weeds in. It's a girlie one with strawberries all over it.

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, weeeehhhhhheeeee jazmine you bought something that garden bin sounds great.i bought a garden bin with wheels to put all my trowels, garden gloves in, got it at morrisons grabbed the last one hehe
    weathers going to be a bit iffy today showers espected what a suprise.
    have a great day all

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,481
    Good morning everyone,

It is a beautiful sunny day today. Blackfly have been beaten into submission (I hope) and I picked 12 lbs and sold it for our charity :gnthb:. I also sold 10lb of rhubarb, so things are going well. The courgettes are cropping very well and the butternut squash are starting to flower :thumb:.

My leg is feeling quite a bit better. Thanks for all the good wishes :luv:

Penny, I always said that Elvis was alive and well :hehe:

Have a great day :D

4. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning :) I do like the idea of leaving OH in the car at the garden centre Jazmine.......lots more freedom instore! Don't think mine would go for it though - he loves it there as much as I do.

Looking pretty iffy here weatherwise as well Rosa.....raining overnight, now trying to think of something to do with the kids for the day that will keep them happy - thinking of the leisure centre and indoor swimming. They have a hot tub for the parents :)

Good morning to you too Shiney - glad your leg is feeling better! Sorry we posted at the same time :) Sounds like crops are doing well for you!

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Rosa, Shiney, Natalie and all.

That sounds like some heavy cropping Shiney well done our butternut squashes (which we grew from your kindly given seeds) haven't got their feet spread yet although there's still plenty of time I'm sure. The other squash types are doing very well i.e.pumpkins, marrows, courgettes and my funny gourds!

One question if I may Shiney? Without sounding silly ( I know that's hard to believe:hehe:)is there any truth in that you are not suppose to cut and eat rhubarb after a certain date?

Nice to know Shiney that your leg appears to be responding to you treatment....can I start pulling it again?:cnfs::D

Penny I had a bad case of the giggles when I saw your pictures I just imagined how many 'Thank you mamma' might be being said by all those Elvis's!:D

Jazmine the strawberry pop-up bin sounds wonderful do they do them in pink?

Natalie our son Dan seems to prefer to wake up to his phone alarm too he's a big Punk/Ska fan so it's 'Less than Jake' on his alarm. enjoy your swim I mean hot tub if you go.

Rosa not sure if it's Home Bargains or BM Bargains but they do have the most stunning range of hand gardening tool which are totally covered by a flower design very pretty indeed. I dare not buy them after getting my bright pink tools thinking Bob would never nick them to use he does in fact he picks them out every time!:doh:

Popped over to the plots yesterday evening and met the other guy who has taken on the little paddock. They needed to dig a patch of soil to play with one of their dad's toys a 'tiller' so I aided them in digging an area the poor guy couldn't keep up with me and I'm sure he's younger than me! Bob had that look of pride in his face as if to say 'That's my girl, you give them a challenge! :hehe:

Lovely morning here washing will be able to be air dried and also some gardening me thinks!

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

6. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,481
    Only the left one :hehe: :rotfl:

Re rhubarb: a lot of people still swear by the saying but I don't take any notice. I suppose that to a certain extent it depends on how well established the rhubarb is. I haven't pulled any rhubarb for over a month but usually about this time of year it takes on a new lease of life - as long as there has been plenty of rain. Although I have picked a lot there is still plenty left on each plant. I guess that some needs to be left near the end of the season so that it can help put strength back into the plant for next year. Our plants are well over 50 yrs old and I keep cropping them right through to October if there is sufficient growth. The taste doesn't seem to change throughout the year but the look of it deteriorates later in the season - doesn't really matter from a cooking point of view. :gnthb:

7. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone,just a quick messge to say we are having a great time and the weather has been mixed but we haven't got wet yet.I have had a sore thrroat since Tuesday and my voice has been dissaperaring and then coming back again,
    Sorry about your leg Shiney,not sure what is wrong with it but hope it gets better soon.
    We have seen lots of wildlife and plants,and Exmoor ponies.Have got lots of piccys.

My time is nearly up so just want to wish you all a Great weekend and will catch up with you all after we get back sometime on Monday.
    Take Care
    Kandyxxxxxxxxxx

8. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,:)

Its warm here, but dark and overcast, it rained most of the night, and the veggies are loving that.:thumb:

Have to do a dump run later, to take some shingles there, so i hope the rain holds off.:gnthb:

Oh i know eh.....thats all you hear all weekend:hehe:, that and "Elvis has left the building".:rotfl:

And yep.....he's alive and well and in my town, all weekend:yho::yho::yho:

Depending on the weather, i will try and get some pics, but if it rains like its supposed too, then i doubt you guys want pics of Elvis, with white jumpsuits :flag:...and black runny hair dye from the rain:hehe:.......picture that in your mind:dh::dh:.......actually NO dont :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::ntwrth:

9. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Hello everyone :luv:

The bins were only in strawberries and limes but they are quite strong, reduced to £5 from £10. OH complains that when I garden I leave heaps everwhere for him to clear up :lollol:

Rosa our Morrisons has nothing left really, all the garden stuff has just about gone...:(

I went out today and got stuck into the ironing, what joy..

WHO got me addicted to farming on facebook? :hehe:

I just love it and have a lovely farm complete with animals and having such a laugh with other people on facebook. Oh well little things please little minds as my mum always said :D:D:D

10. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Penny - the image you conjure up in my mind of the dripping wet Elvis's........in white clothing no less......ah.....no thanks! Hope you had fun on your 'run to the tip' Penny!
    What a wet and miserable day here today! I did venture out for a bit - had to go pick up Tamiflu for son, now looking like hubby has it (whatever it is - hoping it's not the swine flu...but it's a week before a docs appointment is available - Tamiflu antiviral will be finished by then!) as he now has headache, slight fever so far and is sneezing/coughing. I'm walking around with a scarf loosely around my face, antiviral kleenex in every room, hand cleanser in every room and by everybody's bedside - no way I want to get it - as I said to hubby - if I get it, whose going to run around after me? lol He is now banished to the bedroom to watch his Sky tv up there, original sickie in his room, little guys are in bed - and I'm going to sleep on the sofa tonight as I really do not want to get this!
    Went out to the garden centre for a quick run in today - while I was there it belted down thunder, hail and lightning. And I was there to get supplies for the swimming pool........lol Ended up sitting in the cafe with a latte and a gorgeous piece of cheesecake waiting on the weather to settle :) Off down the allotment tomorrow to see what damage the hail has done this time!

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi all, helen its probably B&M bargains went there today and bought another arch it was only £5.99 a green steel one and i put trellis over it for my climbers, will have to look for the flowered hand tools.
    jazmine my morrisons are running out of garden related items to noticed B&M bargains had loads of garden things.
    natalie sorry to hear about your weather while you were at garden centre nothing worse, its poured down tonight and we have had thunder and lightning, do hope theres not much damage at your allotment
    hi kandy nice to see you on gc pleased your having a great time speak on monday when you get back

12. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,668
    Good morning all my friends hope you are all well,its another Saturday so have a lovely weekend and everyone stay safe:)

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo and everyone, its nice and sunny here this morning but its cooled off a bit to what its been like.
    have a great weekend all

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,481
    Good morning everyone,

rosa, you seem to be making a habit of getting up early. If you get up much earlier you may start to sprout wings and fly around with woo :hehe:

Kandy, I'm pleased you are enjoying yourself and hope you are feeling better :gnthb:

Natalie, it sounds as though your hubby is coming down with either swine flu or 'man flu'. So he is going to need a lot of TLC. You have to keep yourself fit so you can look after your men :hehe:. Seriously though :flag:, take care of yourself :thmb:

It looks like a lovely day today and we are off to Althorpe with some friends. It's not really my sort of thing but I'll enjoy the company :)

Have great day :D

15. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Good morning all,
    Well it's a lovely morning after the rain last night. Hubby's birthday today, although we're not doing anything different.

Have a great day everyone, see you later.