Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good afternoon everyone,

Well we are now back home after a really nice nine days away.Only seems like five minutes since we went.:D

Mr Kandy's back is a lot better now although I was a bit concerned when we were driving down to the South West because it kept going into spasm when he moved and I had visions of us getting stuck down there:(:D not that we would have worried that much:) Anyway,after a nice rest and some well earned relaxation I am plesed to say he is feeling a lot better:thumb:My sore throat and loss of voice has cleared up especailly as I have now stopped shouting at Mr K:wink::D

We missed seeing a Badger on site due to the fact that our neighbour on the next pitch saw it at 11.30pm one night when we were already tucked up for the night although I must say I haven't slept at all well all week:ywn::D

Anyway,the worst of the weather for the whole time away was yesterday{Sunday}but that didn't bother us as we went on the steam train from Minehead to Bishops Lydeard and today we were driving back home and only hit a few down pours on the Motorway:) We also have got loads of photos to look at so hope they all loog good on the computer.I have already got the frist lot of washing on the line and the second lot is washing so I will soon have caught up with it all ready for the next stint away.I expect the weeds will be a foot high over at the allotment but that will have to wait for a bit:p

I hope everyone is ok and that you are all well and Shiney hope your leg problems is getting better:thumb:I don't think I am going to have much time to go back over the pages so if I seem to ignore anything that people are doing/done please accept my apologies:o

See you all soon Kandy:luv:

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning everyone, im early i couldnt sleep.
    great to hear your back from your hols kandy, pleased to hear you had a nice holiday and look forward to seeing your pics, 1 week has just flown by so quickly.
    guess with being up this early i will probably have a lie in hehe
    have a great day everyone when you all get up

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning again everyone, had a bad night last night up and down and to top the lot ive gettin hubbys cold hope im ok for going to lake district on saturday.
    sunny out there and quite warm so hope weather will be lovely for the weekend away
    have a great day

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Rosa and all.

Been AWOL but I have a note from my mummy who writes I have been very poorly in bed for the last few days and please can I be excused from P.E.:hehe:

Rosa hope that cold only stays with you briefly but then again it's your own fault for kissing boys!:D

Shiney maybe we can get together and form a double act called Hobbler and Weeble because between us I'm sure we could do a mean turn on Come Dancing!:old:

Nice to have you back Kandy sorry to hear about Mr.K's spasms, I always find it's not the spasm that gets to you but the thought of having that ungodly pain striking though your body so not nice at all. Do hope Mr.K is fine now.

Borrowers Happy Belate Birthday to Ray, sweetie I do hope you gave him a little treat although please don't cook for him!:D

Picked a good sized marrow yesterday so going to make a nice tomato and marrow casserole later on today.

Have a nice day guys.Helen.xxx

5. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,484
    Good morning everyone,

Welcome back Kandy :yho:

rosa, I hope you are beginning to feel a bit better. :thumb:

It's a lovely sunny morning and with all the rain we have had the weeds and grass are growing like mad :( but so are the flowers, veg and fruit :yho:. I picked 15lb of runner beans yesterday that I shall sell this afternoon. It's all extra funds for the charity :gnthb:. I'll also be selling rhubarb and courgettes.

I'll have my brekkies and then go out and mow.

Have a great day. :D

6. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Morning friends :luv:

am dashing in as I have a lot to do then going out but hope to report in later.
    Have a lovely day everyone :)

7. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its another overcast day here, but warm, supposed to reach 91 with humidity, and rain later, but all my veggies are loving it.

I got the grass cut yesturday and did some cleaning, mopped the floors today and waiting for them to dry, so i can vaccum, i did some paint touch ups in the bathroom lastnight, so i can take that off my list.

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    afternoon all my dear friends, still feeling a bit rough shiney with this cold thanks for asking.
    hope everyone is having a great day im bidding on e-bay for a gazebo and no one has bid against me got 2 days so hoping to win it.

9. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everybody :) I did get my sleep in yesterday - was good :) I then decided that yesterday afternoon, I would quit smoking........so today, I have avoided anybody online/offline/telephone - anywhere! But......feeling surprisingly fine - even when I found half a pack on the dash of my car - I didn't take one out and light up! I've surprised myself - so fingers crossed the feeling can last! I hate being a slave to it!
    Kandy - hope you enjoyed your trip - will be looking out for pics!
    Everybody else - hope you're all well and healthy!

10. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone looks like I am the first one up this morning:D

Many thanks to everyone for their wishes on my return:thumb:

I was busy yesterday doing all the usual broing stuff that needs doing after getting back from holiday like washing,ironing etc.My house looks like a tip at the moment because Mr K emptied the caravan of all the stuff that needs washing like sleeping bags,throws, and pillows and then there are all the walking boots to be cleaned,dried and put away ready for their next trip out so we are gradually working our way through the stuff:hehe:

The cats are now home and they were very pleased to see us but have been spending every bit of free time we have climbing all over us andk-l just to let us know they are happy to have us back:Dk-l

We went over toi the allotment yesterday afternoon and picked our first Runner Beans and Mr K picked a half carrier bag full of French Beans so it looks like we are going to be busy again today before he goes back to work tomorrow:p

Anyway,I won't bore you with any more chatter,and hope that everyones lives are good and that you are all managing to get everything done in the garden and on the allotments.I only wish the sun would come back again though:(

Here are a couple of pics from our holiday down in Somerset and hopefully will add some more once Mr K has freed up some more disc space on the laptop and I have gone through them all to sort out the good from the rubbish ones:)

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do:luv:

I think this is a Common Gull....
    [​IMG]
    And this one is an Exmoor pony foal.....
    [​IMG]
    :)

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy and everyone.
    nice to see you back kandy and they are great pics cant wait to see more.
    its lovely and sunny here off up to argos this morning they have kept me a gazebo with mesh sides in blue and cream hope i get it in my car iff not i can see the roof coming down hehe, got it in sale price thought i best get it while its reduced to keep for one i get my allotment.
    have a great day

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Rosa and all.

Really good close up of that gull Kandy :gnthb:

We are a wee bit behind you down on the plots Kandy but others are nearly cropping their veg and are more than happy to share with us lucky us.:hehe:

Natalie good luck with giving up smoking Bob did it a few years back when he got cancer (Oooops!) and has never looked back although he does say he could murder a cigarette now and again but I think this is normal for ex-smokers feel. You go girl you can do it!:thumb:

Rosa I'm sure you can get away with the gazebo sticking out of your car if need be but go steady no mad speeding around corners.:D

Busy morning today for us got to drop one of the cars off for it's MOT and then on to the hospital for Bob's pumping of iron.

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen, i dont know how the gazebo will be packed could be a flat box hope its not too long and it doesnt rain when i go for it, otherwise i dont know what i will do hehe.
    natalie good luck you stopping smoking good on ya wish i could stop ive tried it was a nightmare think you have got to want to give up anyway good luck wish you well.
    have a great day

14. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,484
    Good morning everyone,

Great pictures Kandy :gnthb:

I didn't get around to mowing yesterday morning as I kept getting phone calls that had to be dealt with :(. Now it is raining :mad:. I may go out and do some of the mowing anyway. Our red sunflower has started blooming and it looks as though we may eventually have as many as a couple of dozen blooms on it. :thumb:

Got to dash (hobble :hehe:)

Have a great day :D

15. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its warm here again but overcast and supposed to rain.

I watered everything lastnight since we didnt get any rain yesturday, and boy did we need it, so i almost hope it does today

Great pictures too, the baby foal is too cute.