Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Well we had rain again overnight - don't mind it at all as long as it's overnight!
    Lovely pics Kandy - particularly the foal - sort of a mischevious look to it!
    Happy day everybody!

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Thanks everyone for your comments regarding my photo's.:thumb:I struggled a bit with the seagull as the little sod wouldn't keep still because it was getting wet and my camera lens was in it's face so to speak:D

Well what a day yesterday with the weather.Once it started raining it never stopped all day and night and everywhere is saturated now.I had to keep going out in it to cut some grass for Mabel and then last night when I went to give her some Rescue Remedy{Thanks Mr & Mrs Shiney:thumb:}I got trapped in the greenhouse when it rained even harder and because I was dying to spend a penny I had to make a dash back to the house and got soaked:(:D I thought she had passed away this morning as I couldn't see her as I looked through the glass but she was eating some dried food so all was well.phew....:D

Mr K is back to work today so I might get on a bit better when I am on my own:hehe:

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do and I have just spied the sun out there so hopefully it will be a dry day:thumb:

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy and everyone.
    kandy that was frightening pleased mabel is ok, im getting things ready for my trip, bought my hexagonal gazebo great price at argos and ive seen a walk in greenhouse with pvc on e-bay that im going to buy, will be easy to keep flat pack till i get the allotment. might aswell pick up the bargains and keep them.
    a friend of mine is going to make me an arbor with gates and fence at each side when i get allotment so that will save a lot of money.
    have a great day all

4. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,673
    Good morning Kandy,Rosa and all my other friends,Kandy love the photos:thumb:and hope Mabel makes a full recovery,everyone have a geat day and all stay safe:)

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Rosa, Woo and all.

Oh Kandy getting trapped in the greenhouse if you have plenty of tomatoes you wouldn't have starved although the toilet would have indeed been a major problem.:hehe:

Sorry sweetie but what's wrong with Mabel?:cnfs:

Rosa I do so hope you are going to get an allotment otherwise your little flat is going to look like some old maids 'bottom drawer' or at least that's what we here call a pre-marriage collecting area....not sure if it's the same around the rest of the country.

Woo hope you and your girls both furry and human are all ok.:wink:

My little car sailed through it's MOT now all I have to do is start driving it again but I must confess I prefer Bob's as it's so comfy.

Bob's has got to catch up on two major jobs one that has needed finishing for 3 years (the drive) and another that he should have started last year (the back decking)....so he really needs to make a start and hopefully earn 'Man Points' to get some loving!:D

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo and helen,
    helen ive got all my things on my inside balcony, have a large cupboard so going to sort that out and put them all in there, only getting all this now as in the long run it will save me money and especially buying everything in the sales or otherwise i would have to wait till next year which would be no good iff i get that allotment this year, leaving all the big things till i get allotment, shed, fences etc.
    pleased to hear your car passed its mot great news, well my car is going great now pleased to say its running like a dream with all them new parts put in it, i shouldnt have anymore bother.
    have a great day

7. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Morning friends :luv:

Glad to hear all is well [well as well can be!] I am off out as I was given a House of Frazer ten pound voucher and it is burning a hole in my pocket. They have a sale on so should find a little something to get :hehe:
    Marks and Spencer has a 75 per cent off sale - now that is my kind of sale so will pop in there also.

Catch up later, have a lovely day everyone :luv:

8. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    75% you say Kath? Hmmmm........maybe if it was a rainy day I could be tempted to head to Bluewater.....heck - just might anyways! I know they have lots of good kids school uniform on offer right now too.
    Kandy - I apologise for laughing at your getting trapped in the greenhouse story - but certainly hope that Mabel is okay.
    It's looking like a lovely blue sky day out there (fluffy white clouds abound though) - so hope everybody gets to enjoy it!

9. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Another nice day here and the rain held off yesturday too..

Have to go out and do some watering in a bit and some weeding.

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,488
    Good afternoon everyone,

I got some of the mowing done yesterday before it peed down. Have done some more this morning dodging in and out of the raindrops :hehe:. I'll try to do some more later.

More paperwork to do :(.

Kandy, I hope Mabel is improving. :thumb:

Have a great day :D

11. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Hi everyone sorry ive not been on for a while. Reasons, Some of it has been bad but some has been good, Im glad to say for a change. My daughter gets married on Satrurday 1st Aug. at 4pm. Its a big white wedding with 11 bridesmaids and 11 groomsmen ( Our Paula dosnt do anything by halves :dh:)
    They were due to get married in March but due to a car crash they had to postpone it.

But all going well this time it should happen. Im taking on a lovely son in law who adores her, what more could I ask.:gnthb: I will put up some pics hopefully in the near future. I say hopefully as she has taken on two novice photographers who want to build up a portfolio. Buts thats our Paula for you :hehe:
    She hopes to go to college herself in sept on a photography course (even though she has 4 children and another one on the way:dh:)
    Sooo there you go :wink: My Al is one of the groomsmen and is not happy he has to wear a 'PINK' shirt and tie (he's so old fashioned :lollol:)
    Hope everyone is well and coping with all this bad weather. Ive told our Paula to get her wellies ready for the big day:hehe: Wendy X

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, early this morning got loads to do today ready for the off early in the morning do hope the weather is ok at the lakes.
    takemore congratulations on your daughters wedding have a great time, sounds like its going to be a great event, look forward to seeing pics.
    have a great weekend everyone hopefully will get some good pics when i get back to put up

13. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning O2,Rosa and everyone,

O2,hope everything goes well for your daughters wedding tomorrow.I'm not sure what the forecast is going to be so I will keep my fingers crossed that the day goes well for you all,and Good Luck with the photography course and the birth of the baby:gnthb: And Mr K wouldn't where a pink shirt either:D

Rosa,hope your cold is better nothing like going away with a nasty cold and I do hope the weather improves for you when you are up there.I think Sunday is going to be hot,hopefully.How many days are you going for now?,as I think you said you were going for extra days:)

Shiney and Hel,Mabel has a bit of a chest infection and I had to rush her to the vets before we went away.She had two injections,one anti inflammortory,and the other antibiotics and then we had to give her antibiotic meds by syringe for the next week up to us going away.When we collected her from the young Vet assisstant who offered to look after her as she has eleven Guneias of her own she was still snuffly and breathing rapid,plus she had lost more weight and has lost a lot of fur.:( Anyway,I am feeding her up with even more fruit and veggies plus she has the heating on to keep her warm so with luck and Rescue Remedy she will soon be back to normal.She seems to have gone down hill since Punky died plus we think she is getting on a bit as we are the third set of owners so we don't expect her to live forever.:) Thank you for your concern over her:thumb:

Well yesterday was busy again catching up on house work and then I spent two hours cleaning the inside of the caravan:p all that is left to be done is the hoovering and Mr Kandy to clean out the water containers ad the loo and then it just needs the caravan washing and all will be done:D ...phew after all this we shall need another holiday:p

Anyway,I hope you all have a good day in all that you do.Hopefully if it doesn't rain I might be able to get out in the garden for a spot of tidying up now that the Aquilgias have all gone to seed.Oh and by the way I had to envelopes delivered yesterday,one from Newcastle so I can guess who that one is from:wink:

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, we are going for 2 nights but depending on weather we may stay longer, we shall see when we are there, hope the weather is nice as theres nothing worse than taking pics on a dull day, card from newcastle well i wonder hehe.
    have a great day

15. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,488
    Good morning everyone,

O2, congratulations and good luck with the weather tomorrow :gnthb:

rosa, have a good time and also good luck with the weather :)

Our local council are changing the way they collect waste - again :mad:. At the moment they collect garden waste, once a fortnight, in biodegradable bags that are supplied free. Although we compost a lot of our garden waste (three 6' x 6' compost heaps) we still put out about 20 - 30 bags of waste each collection. These are usually a combination of nasty weeds, shrub clippings and things like the stalks of the aquilegia - all of which used to go on the bonfire before they had the garden waste collection. Now they are going to provide us with one wheelie bin for garden waste and kitchen waste and they will not collect more than one bin each week. So it's back to the not so green burning instead of recycling. Very ecological :scratch: :skp:

They have sent me a letter saying that I should either pay a private company to take it away (no chance) or take it to a recycling depot - 35 mile round trip (also no chance).

This is a quote from their letter:
    The new scheme for garden waste will reduce volumes of waste collected in line with the Governmentâ??s general waste directive to reduce, reuse and recycle. The collection of food waste and subsequent overall reduction in all waste collected will help to maintain our recycling percentage.

I'm not sure how not recycling the waste maintains their recycling percentage :skp:

Have a great day :D