Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning 02, Rosa, Kandy, Shiney and all.

02 good luck with the wedding sweetie remember don't out shine the bride but then again by the sounds of it that's going to be a very hard task indeed..Enjoy!:thmb:

Rosa yes if bargains are to be had better now than later and doesn't it give you a buzz when you get so much knocked off? As Jazmine will surely know by now unless that voucher has dropped through that hole in her pocket!:hehe:

Kandy sorry to hear about the little mite sadly when Guinea pigs loose their pal they do seem to grieve but maybe Mabel isn't that old I knew someone who had a buck Guinea pig who was 13 years old and still doing well with the ladies! I do wish her well.

Shiney this recycling lark (at least with the council) is a royal mess nothing more than stockpiling rubbish to be left at people's homes when all most of want to do is 'do our bit' recycling wise and also get the rubbish removed in a timely manner from off our yards! :mad:

Bob's 'started' the decking but now again job has cropped up Dan's brakes on his car needs looking at so Bob-A-Job is going to be kept busy with that poor guy.

Brought a deep fat fryer so maybe later on we will try some fried chips nothing strange there you might asked but we haven't had home-made chips for 3 years +!

Have a nice day guys and all the best for tomorrow 02 :luv: Hel.xxx.

2. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Morning everyone,

Its sunny and going to be warm here.

We are finishing our roof today, so i will be off all day.

Have a good one

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    evening everyone,
    helen get a buzz all right just ordered off e-bay a stand up greenhouse with pvc over it only £40 great buy.
    jazmine tell us what you did with that money hehe what did you buy.
    shiney thanks lets hope the weather is nice at the lakes, will get pics.
    takemore enjoy your daughters wedding tommorow have a great day
    well im off everyone see you all when i get back next week, have a great weekend all, hope to get plenty of pics up windermere to share when i get back.
    bye for now
    love rosa xx

4. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow - sounds like lots going on for everybody! Rosa enjoy your time at Windermere - have a friend who does alot of sailing up there and loves it :)
    Sorry to hear about Mabel the guinea pig - it's true that htey do not live forever.....but it's never easy to see a pet ailing. Hopefully the injections make her feel lots better.
    Penny - what type of roof are you putting on? I'd always wanted to live on Vancouver island and have one of those green tin roofs....no idea why - think it's the sound of rain on them when you're inside all cosy and warm!
    Have been out in the garden today helping hubby build a shed.....or more enjoying watching the little guys helping him. Went out and bought them all their own 'tools' (Asda has some good deals on tools that are more than okay for them), but couldn't find kids' toolbelts anywhere! So they had fun taking it in turns with dad's old leather one......funny how they all took on a different walk when they had it on!
    17 yr old son had some calls today regarding cv's that he dropped off yesterday! Quite surprising as all were unsolicited. One place - a speedway close to us, has practically hired him over the phone saying his cv really caught her attention! She's sending him out a contract! Really pleased for him, as his older brother has been looking for part time work for over a year and nothing.
    Well, off to enjoy a nice warm bath shortly and then I think a glass of wine and some tv :) Happy Saturday evening everybody!

5. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    A late hello to all :luv:

Kandy I hope Mabel recovers well. :)
    Takemore have a fantastic time - it sounds a big wedding!
    Shiney what a kerfuffle over the bins- our system here is slightly different.
    Hel that sounds like our house!
    Penny hope you get the roof on and the seeds are coming through lovely :)
    Natalie, great news on the job front- can I call you Farmer Nat? :hehe:

Hope I got everyone, I'm tired and it's nearly my bed time :snz:

6. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    haha Jaz....I've just been to yours and scared off the crows! Bought a little pond for my duck......thinking of expanding to a homestead and buying a house! lol
    Sorry everybody - I'm addicted to Facebook Farmville......... how sad is that?

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, thought i would pop in before i leave at 8, all packed and ready to go cant wait to get to the lakes just love the place, got both my cameras hope i get some good pics, weather is predicted ok today and tommorow sp lets hope it is.
    have a great weekend and bye for now see you all when i get back, monday or maybe longer iff decide to stay.

8. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,489
    Good morning everyone,

It's a bit dull out there today and the forecast is for it to be a bit damp but clearing tomorrow. The forecast also said that we will have winds of 17kmph this morning but there is not a breath of air out there. :)

We went to the local amateur theatre last night and they had a version of 'Who's Line Is It Anyway' which was hilarious. The improvisation was superb.

We have friends coming to stay with us for the weekend so have to get things ready. They like to get on to the motorway before the traffic starts getting heavy so expect them to get here about 9.30. I shall have to tell Oscar to be on his best behaviour :hehe:

They are keen gardeners so I had to work hard yesterday to get our garden looking respectable. Nearly finished all the mowing and edging, got rid of the more obvious weeds, tidied up some of the lilac trees and went round tying up plants that had got floppy.

The plants on the patio are doing very well and the toms are ripening quickly (we have 15 tom plants on the patio). The runner beans that are climbing over the pergola on the patio now have beans on them - not doing too bad for an afterthought :thumb:. The ornamental squash now have squash forming and the pots of flowers are growing like mad. The only trouble is that it takes Mrs shiney so long to water them all, plus the hanging baskets, nursery area (still about 500 plants as she makes new ones as fast as people buy them :hehe:) and greenhouse. Some of our experimental and trial plants are coming along OK as well :gnthb:

Have a great weekend :D

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Rosa, Shiney and all.

See you when you get back Rosa I'm sure you will have fun fingers crossed the weather is ok.:thumb:

Shiney seems like it's going to be yet another very weekend but you're sure to have plently of fun with green-fingered buddies staying over enjoy.:wink:
    I'ave always enjoyed 'Who's Line Is It Anyway' so can well imagine just how much fun you all had last night Shiney.:D

Natalie I joined Farmville a few days ago but my goodness half the time I'm clueless as what to do.:doh:

Found out yesterday two of Dan's work mates have Swine Flu so I am very worried if Dan brings the virus home as Bob's on the at risk list, due to his lack of kidney function he would have to have a reduce dose or an inhaler!:(

Raining at the moment but Bob has been doing his decking these day couple of days so his man points are building up!:hehe:

10. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Morning friends :luv:

Have a great time Rosa, lucky you!
    Shiney I bet your garden always looks lovely. :gnthb:
    Hel, we will have to be neighbours in Farmville, it is hilarious. Some people have immaculate farms with gazebos, pools etc. Mine is full of cows :lollol:

Have a good day everyone. Am off to London tomorrow for 3 days to visit Kew Gardens [never been] I am terrified of heights but want to do the tree walkway. Poor OH :rotfl:

11. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,673
    Good morning all my friends ,I trust that you are all well and OK,have a lovely Sunday and please stay safe.:)

This mornings sunrise ,Its always there even on the days you cannot see It:thumb:
    [align=center][​IMG][/align]

12. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo and everyone

Nice photo of the sunrise Woo:thumb:

Well the rain has finally stopped and the sun is streaming through the window as I type this and I think the forecast if for a lovely day:thmb: We need to get over to the allotment today to pick some more veggies.Nice to see all the blackfly have now all gone thanks to the ladybirds that I placed on the leaves plus the heavy rain we had while we were away have done their trick so I am well pleased,although the Parsnip plants that I have in the fornt garden that I let go to seed were covered again with blackfly:(

Shiney,hope the visit from your friends went off ok yesterday and that you had a good day:thumb: We have got on well with the recycling bins now although my neighbours keep having leaflets put into their bins about the state of them,as they never rinse out any bottles or tins so their bin is in a disgusting state and they always have maggots crawling all over the inside which the hedgehog and wagtails love:D We hardly have any waste food as we eat it all up and all the peelings go for composting so have no problem there,though we have to get used to throwing everything away when we go on our hols:hehe:

Hel,sounds like Bob a job is doing a great job with the decking,just right for when the summer heatwave comes:thmb: Sorry about the Swine Flu though:( Me and Mr Kandy saw two ladies last Wednesday walking along a street and one of them was doing a Michael Jackson impersonition and was wearing one of the hospital face masks:D

Natilie Mabel is still holding her own at the moment,plenty of fresh fruit and veggies plus Rescue Remedy so hopefully she will soon get better.

Well that is it for another morning,and I do hope you all have a great day in all that you do:)

PS,how do you all find time to join all these Forums and chat rooms when you have hubby's, partners,homes,kids,animals,gardens,shopping,allotments, jobs etc to look after as I find it takes me all my time to do all my stuff without taking on even more.Answers on a postcard please:D

13. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,489
    Good morning everyone,

Just a quick look on here today before our friends get up :)

On our way back from a very good lunch at Jamie Oliver's parents' place we popped in to an open day at a 'natural farm'. They make their living out of growing English lavender but have many acres of naturally grown vegetables (20 different types) that is a charity. When I have time during the week I shall put a post up under 'Edible Gardening'.

Yesterday was nice and sunny and it didn't rain until night time. As it was sunny we had a few people turn up in the afternoon for a tour of our garden. The sun is back again in its glorious brilliance so we shall probably go for a nice walk with our friends before I cook dinner. :gnthb:

Helen, I hope the flu keeps away :thmb:

Kandy, pass the postcards onto me me because I am curious too :hehe:

Kath, I suppose that you will just have to put up with doing some shopping whilst you are in the big city :hehe:

woo, another wonderful sunrise from you :yho:. Thanks.

Have a great day :D

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy, Shiney and all.

Top of the morning to you Woo sweetie it's our first really sunny morning in days Yippee!

Jazmine I'm so hopeless at farmville I even manage to kill my strawberries!:oops: Enjoy your couple of days away.

Kandy haven't been able to go anywhere near the allotment because of the bad weather.

Shiney you guessed it Bob's got the flu checked online was told there that he would need a little inhaler for his meds, got my code and everything told the chemist about Bob being at end of stage 4 kidney failure and he just stared in horror, he went on to ask if I wouldn't mind phoning and checking with a doctor I did and he said the say thing as me and helped me out by phoning the chemist and told him I was right!

Bob's banned from leaving the house what with his swine flu bless him he has a little puffer to blow in but all I want to know is when the affair with Miss Piggy started!:D

Had a really wonderful surprise visit from our last (but one) ex neighbours (if you get my meaning) Trish and Nigel yesterday, they have now sadly given up their dream of living in Spain too many charges for things and they couldn't find a place to buy. They have only been back just under a week and have already heard about our just ex neighbour and are seriously thinking of buying their own house back, both were gutted with the state of their old house they just couldn't believe what had been trashed.

Thankfully if Trish and Nigel do manage to buy back they old home I know even if they decide to let it out everything will be good.:thmb:

On the ex neighbour front they took the boiler out last week and a group of them started to take out all the interior doors but one of our neighbours reported them and the police came to sort it out.....not sure if there is much else that they can take now slabs and gravel off the front garden?

Have a nice day guys and enjoy that sunshine.Hel.xxx.

15. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Popping in quickly to say Hi.

We are still at the roof, but the shingles go on today..YAAAAA!!!
    We ran into a HUGE problem on Friday, and that required a few hundred dollars worth of new lumber, and part of the roof being removed, so we couldnt strip off anymore until the new lumber was put down, and we put the weather membrane on yesturday, Brad was at that until 9:30 lastnight (started at 7:30yesturday).........so today the first of the shingles go on.
    So i will be off again today..........so have a good one everybody.