Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,492
    Good morning everyone,

It's a beautiful morning and already quite warm. The forecast is 25C today so I'll try and do not too strenuous work in the garden. Don't want to break out into a sweat :hehe:.

I'm off to see the doc this morning for a check up on my leg - which is lots better :gnthb:

Have a great day :D

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney and everyone, its lovely here this morning nice and warm.
    shiney good luck at the docs, pleased to hear your leg is much better, cant be going walking in the lakes with a bad leg.
    have a great day all

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shieny Rosa and everyone,

Been up since six but have been busy as usual answering mail and then having breakfast.Had Weetabix this morning,but it shows I am going mental as I was only going to put gravy granules instead of sugar on them:oops::D I have started taking Ginko Biloba tablets for memory loss,the only problem is I keep forgetting to take them:(:D

Shiney,how did Mrs Shiney's day trip to Coton Manor go,did she gets some good photo's and how was the weather?:)

Sorry Shiney I forgot to ask about your leg.Good Luck at the Dr's and hope that it is much better by September or else you won't be able to walk very far:p How did the Cholesterol go,did you ever manage to get it down without tablets?Mr Kandy had a blood test done three weeks ago {He booked it quickly so he didn't have time to worry about it} and his is down to 5.5 I think it was so they are well pleased with him:)

Rosa,glad you managed to squish those eggs.I think you had a visit from a cabbage white butterfly and your friends visitor sounds like a Red Admiral.Try Googling{I just love Googling:D} Red Admiral Butterfly and see if I am right:)

Well,the rain has stopped at long last thought the sun isn't out yet.Mabel is still ok and eating well although when I put her in her run on Monday when it was sunny she refused to come out to eat the grass so I have to keep cutting it for her and feeding it to her.Her nose is still runny and bits of hay keep sticking to it so I have to keep cleaning her up which she doesn't like.Worse than having a messy child me thinks:hehe:

I have just spotted some snails on the broom bush outside my lounge window so had better go and get rid of them:(

Hope you all have a great day:luv:

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, thats so funny you nearly putting gravy granules on your weetabix hehe tooo funny mind i have nearly done things like that myself.
    thats amazing butterflies coming right up the top to my balcony and i thought red admiral but didnt think they had blue spots on them.
    have a great day

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Shiney, Rosa, Kandy and all.

Thanks for your good wishes regarding Bob he's on his last day of his little puffer and although he's a bit 'heady' he's better than what he would have been without the meds I'm sure.
    I have had to cancel his intravenous iron top-up today but he should be allowed out to play on Saturday!:hehe:

Shiney you lucky soul having lovely weather is it for real? Or are you pulling my leg (sorry bad pun :doh:) The only reason I ask is that for the past couple of days it's rained here.:( Good luck at the doctors glad to hear your legs improving and happy holiday hunting.:wink:

Rosa my laptop upstairs has one of those orange lights on the front and my connection is so bad it keeps switching off! Thankfully my other 'main' laptop is an old one but a good one if you know what I mean.:cnfs: That B&B you stayed at sounds the ideal place for anyone popping to The Lakes gald you enjoyed your stay.

Kandy going to start having a huge freezer festival but I do really hope there's still plenty of crops to share with family and friends.....all who have had veg off us have told us how much they enjoyed the stuff compared to the shop brought veg and of course have all drop hints of have be bold enough to enquire about more!:D

Sorry to hear Mabel is still struggling Kandy fingers crossed she will be ok, it's always so upsetting when one of our much loved fur babies are ill I do wish her well.

Raining her so it's inside farming for me today and a good drool over the seeds I brought.:hehe:

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

6. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,492
    Thanks everyone for your good wishes about my leg :luv:. Doc says it seems much better and that I shouldn't need any more pills - but I have been given more to keep in my cupboard just in case. If it flares up then I can take some immediately.

Kandy, I don't have my next cholesterol check until the autumn. Doc is pleased with me :yho:. Weight down by over 4 kg since last check and blood pressure is also down but in the upper end of the normal range.

Helen, I wasn't pulling your leg :flag:. The weather here in Shineyland is good. It is hot and humid out at the moment. Although we have had some rain on and off during the last week or so we still have parts of the garden that are bone dry and cracking up :(. The last rain we had (during daytime) was for 10 minutes on Sunday. The patio has looked wet most mornings so I guess we have had some rain in the night. I've managed to book most of my winter holiday now. Well, I've booked the flights as we now know where we shall be going :hehe:. Everything else will come later.

7. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its another nice day here, and it didnt rain yesturday, so i have to go out and water shortly.

8. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,673
    Good morning all my friends hope you are all OK,Its so warm here 85f during the day and 60+ at the moment and its only 3.33am,The moon is very bright just like me :hehe:(only joking) so I took a photo of it,anyway everyone have a lovely day and please stay safe.:)

[align=center][​IMG][/align]

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,492
    Nice photo woo :gnthb:

Good night and see you later this morning :)

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning Shiney,Woo and everyone,

I thought I would be the first on this morning but it looks like the Insomiacs,Insomyaks,{oh you know what I mean.:D}beat me to it:hehe:

Lovely clear photo of the moon Woo:thumb:

Shiney,glad that the Dr was pleased with your leg and that you are feeling better in yourself:thumb:

Shiney I am of the old school so haven't got a clue what 4kg is in old money{I do wish people would learn to speak English:D} I only know £sd Yards Feet and Inches etc:hehe: glad to hear though that you are getting your Christmas holiday booked.We are going up to the area of your birth place this year.Someone said it is only 18 weeks until the big day and I bet that will zoom by.I feel I am still in April,still I have got the first couple of Prezzies so have made a start:lollol:

Helen I went over to the allotment yesterday afternoon and picked more Runner and French beans and did some more weeding.Because of all the rain we have had this week they are growing faster than I can keep up with them:(Mr Kandy was trying out the new rotavator that we have got through the insureres after the other one was stolen.It does the job but isn't as good as the old one.Things are made so cheaply these days they are rubbish:D Mabel has had a better life with me Helen after I rescued her and Punky so if she went now at least I can feel hapy that the last few years of her life were the best ones:gnthb:

Anyway,it is raining here again this morning,nothing new there so I shall be stuck inside until it improves,or until Shiney sends us some sun:DDoes anyone know which part of the country is going to have the sun on Sunday?because I think I shall head that way:D

Hope you all have a good day:luv:

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,492
    Good morning Kandy, woo, shiney :hehe: and everyone,

Kandy, 4kg is about 9lb :thmb:. Mrs shiney had a very good day at Coton Manor but she didn't take many photos as it was drizzling most of the time. It is warm, muggy and dry this morning but overcast. On Sunday it will be sunny wherever I am :yho:. Which means that the morning will be good weather at Hatfield House where they are having the 15th 'Art in Clay' exhibition. The national pottery and ceramics exhibition. Here's a link

http://www.hatfield.artinclay.co.uk/index.asp

In the afternoon it will be sunny in Shineyland :D

I'm going to have to put the sprinkler on the veggies this morning as they are suffering from lack of water. In the more sheltered parts of the garden the soil is cracking up :(

Have a great day :D

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo, kandy, shiney and everyone,
    lovely morning here it was so humid last night i sat on my balcony most of the evening.nice pic of the moon woo
    going on a holiday in september having 10 days in spain we decided to do that and not go to thailand till next march with hubby working over the xmas holidays.going to look for a good deal for spain or maybe somewere else.
    have a great day all

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    :gnthb:Morning again Shiney,

I have just been upstairs to ask Mr Kandy and he said 9lb so you were both right:gnthb:

I take it that you will be going to the 'Art in Clay'thingy?I will have a look at the link later.

Sorry that Mrs Shiney had the drizzle at Coton.We struck lucky when we went to see the blue bells but there was some kid who kept trying to catch the chickens and Flamingo's so I struggled to get some decent photos:(

I will have to water our beans at the allotment soon as all the flowers are dropping off due either to the dry conditions with the canopy of leaves or the fact that the insects are going round the back of the flower.:mad:

Anyway,have a nice day as the yanks would say:luv:

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Shiney, Kandy, Rosa and all.

Woo I dragged Dan out at 1am this morning just to look up at that moon as it was so very bright.... wonderful photo!:thmb:

Lol Shiney I shouldn't have moaned at you about the weather yesterday morning as you must have sent the sunshine up to us as in the afternoon it turned out to be a very nice day...so many thanks for that.:wink:

Nice to know that the doctor is happy how things are going with you nothing worst then a worried doctor!:hehe:

Kandy I still haven't gone over to the plots to 'do' any work yet the rain has left it all quite unworkable but needless to say the grass paths have grow incredibly tall although the weeds aren't too bad.Glad you and Mr.K had a little play with your new 'toy' and you ar so right things are rarely made as good as the old machinery we live in a throw away society.:(

Totally agree with you Kandy your Guinea pigs must now have found their final own and be happy with you as you mummy :wink:. When we use to keep Guinea pigs Bob would 'nurse' any babies born weak and he had a very good success rate those top shirt pockets do come in carry.:thmb:

Rosa I wonder was your lovely balcony situated in the right position for you to enjoy that moon last night? Good luck looking for that deal in Spain.

Due to Shiney sending Bob and I that lovely sunshine yesterday Bob was feeling fitter to crack on with the back decking and I managed to do a little garden project of my own.

Another lovely day.. I wonder if that's thanks to Mr.Shiney again? enjoy it folks.Hel.xxx.

15. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its another nice day here, and no rain yet.

I LOVE that picture WOO.....so pretty.

Off to do some grocery shopping and then to the dump to get rid of the shingles from the front of the house.