Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Hello friends :luv:
    Glad to hear everyone is well and busy :hehe:
    I am recovering and catching up from three days in London -it's all go in this house. Off next week for another five days too. :D

My poor garden has been neglected - I have a few pics to put up.

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    evening everyone,
    helen i never noticed the moon last night mind i went to bed early.
    jazmine sounds like you have had a nice time away and do enjoy your other few days away.
    got great news ive got my allotment took pics as i went up at teatime, pics are in my allotment section.
    kandy hope you have had a nice day now, yanks always put the now on the end haha
    have a great night all speak in the morning, nite nite

3. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    :yho: Great news Rosa, I am so pleased for you :yho:

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks jazmine just answered to you in my allotment post

5. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,673
    Good morning Kandy,Helen,Rosa,Jasmine,penny,and last but not least Shiney and all my other friends :),thank you for all your Comments on the Moon Photo,At the moment we have a terrific Thunder storm and torrential rain,and I am trying to get a Lightening shot but I keep missing it as I am under the bed and it is a little difficult:hehe: Shiney I will send the rain over to you for your vegetables but will keep the Thunder and Lightening here:) Everyone have a great day and please stay safe :)

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo and everyone,

At long last the rain,thunder and lightning has stopped:yho:although now everywhere is saturated again:(

Woo,I think even Shiney had a lot of rain yesterday and if he didn't get it yesterday he will probably be getting it today:D

Rosa,well done with the allotment.You won't have time to be on here next year as you will be busy digging,weeding,sowing and watering:D You won't have time to go to Spain next year with all that gardening to do:D

Helen,Mr K was saying that because everything is made abroad now cheap materials are used that are not made to last unlike when British Manufacturers made them,so it isn't surprising that we are classed as a throw away society,we don't have a choice because sometimes it works out cheaper to get new instead of getting the old repaired.We have only been in this house eight years from new and our taps are starting to drip water and the tops are getting stiff to turn like they are seizing up.Mr K keeps replacing the washers to stop the dripping and when we were talking to a plummer in B&Q last weekend he said that eight years was good for taps to last as three to five years is what is expected from them:(and to think a lot of my friends still have the same taps that were put into their homes when they were new over forty five years ago:D

Hope the gardeing is going well with the projects:thumb:

Anyway hope you all have a great day in all that you do and hope the weather stays fine:)

PS,when I have filled up this memory card I will put up a photo of the get well letter my friends little girl did for Mabel yesterday,it is so sweet.I am then going to keep it until she is older,I am sure it will make her smile:D

7. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,492
    Good morning everyone,

Woo, thanks for the rain :gnthb:. It arrived very shortly after you sent it :hehe:. It tried to sneak in un-noticed without any banging or bright lights but I was waiting for it as you let me know it was coming :D

It is very still out there. The rain has gone and it is already 70F but overcast at the moment. Yesterday it reached 87F and was too hot and sunny to work outside.

Kandy, is Mabel getting any better? I hope so :luv:

rosa, congrats on getting your lotty :yho:

Helen, I've ordered some good weather for the weekend for you :gnthb:

Have a great day :D

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning woo, kandy, shiney and everyone.
    its been lovely here past couple of days been raining in the night but seems nice out there sorry to hear everyone having thunderstorms.
    it was a great suprise getting the phone call yesterday about my allotment, there is 4 of us so iff we each go away we will look after each others plots, hehe kandy we going to spain this september so theres nothing much i will be doing on allotment and the thailand trip will be around march so that should be ok.
    have a great day all

9. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Morning friends :luv:

Woo you can come out now :hehe:

I am off out and am away next week but hope to pop on this evening :)

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning jazmine have a great day and a lovely time next week i will be busy in the allotment then hehe

11. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning again everyone,

Shiney,I have just been down to feed Mabel and this morning you can hear the air as it goes into her nostrils.She seems like she is breathing fast but I can't tell if that is the way she has always been even when she was healthy.I keep cleaning up her nostrils as they get a little bit blocked.I might have to get her to the vets again but when I took her before they were talking about more exploroitry tests to find out what the problem is but I don't think it is fair to keep having her messed about.She is eating fine so hasn't lost her appetite apart from the fact that when I put her in her run on the lawn Monday when it was nice and sunny she wouldn't come out to eat the grass so I have to keep cutting it and giving it to her that way.I think she needs some menthal crystals vapours to breath in to clear her lungs,although if she still has an infection it might not clear it up.

I am still doing the rescue remedy although I am having to sprinkle the water with it in on her food as Guneia pigs get a lot of their fluids from the veggies that they eat

Thanks for asking about her:luv:

Rosa, sorry about that,I have tried looking for the thread where you wrote about Spain and can't find it so I must have dreamt it:D

Have a nice day now:D:D

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy, Shiney Jazmine, Rosa and all.

Darling Woo we had the rain but no thunder and lighting yet although I do normally love a good light show 9with sounds effects) I really need to get cracking down on the plots so could do without the wet stuff.

Thanx Shiney for the heads up on that week end weather order I could do with it being pretty dry as the plots are still at the moment looking like Glastonbury mud fest!:doh:

Kandy could poor Mabel have a bad cold or something like that do you think?:cnfs:
    She doesn't sound too good poor mite.

Kandy totally agree 'manufactures' stopped making the really good stuff after 1966 funny how that's when I was born .....I'm sure it's just a coincidence!:D

Rosa well done with the plot I think sharing with other people is wonderful and ideal with plots being in short supply. Now all you need is nice weather.

Welcome back Kath looks like you are one busy bee take things steady now.:wink:

Raining at the moment so not getting out of the ironing today lol.

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen, weather is getting out lovely here, it will be nice sharing the plot mind i will have my own space to do what i like which is great, they are not into gardening just veg so i can make the place look nice a womans touch so to say, hehe. have a great day

14. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,673
    Good morning all my friends Its the weekend again,I trust that you are all OK and well,In her Infinite wisdom Mrs Woo wanted the flat screen hung on the wall,so yours truly completed the task yesterday,but now we have to stand on a chair to switch It on and off :lollol::rotfl:,anyway everyone have a great Saturday and please stay safe:)

15. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo and all.

I'm sure it was a lovely morning walk for you and the girls today Woo, I wonder did you see any early morning bandits like rabbits, badgers etc knocking about?

Bless you Woo for popping that telly on the wall for Mrs.Woo, Bob flatly refused to do that to ours he's always getting out of those man jobs but boy should you see his look of horror when I borrow his drill....it appears I am quite deadly with it! :cnfs::D

Rosa I'm sure you are going to have one of the best plots of your site and give them all something to talk about growing your lovely flowers. I'll have to take some pictures of mine (I'm very slack at taking photos as you might know) I will have plenty of sweetpea seeds at the end of the season if you want some.

Shiney those squashes are coming along nicely slow but sure, I gave a couple of seeds away to friends down on the plots too (I'm sure you wouldn't have minded in the least) and theirs are doing well also.... in fact one old timer is really chuffed with his as it's the first time he's grown butternut squash and he's treating it like his little baby!:)

Lovely morning (out least for us here ) I do hope it 'holds' as we are wanting to spend quite a few hours in the home gardens and then some more down on the plots later on.

Hope the sun is shinning on you good people too.Hel.xxx.