Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Good morning all my friends ,I do hope that everyone is alright,Today its the glorious 12th of August, enjoy your day and please stay safe.:)

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo and everyone,

I've been up since before six this morning but have been catching up on posts before logging on:D

Rosa, it sounds a nightmare with your car.I can't make out what you have put in your post above,but are you saying that the injectors have cracked that the garage put in the other week? I so wish you had rejected the car when you had problems with it from day one.I would be spitting nails if it was me:mad: I do hope that you have a happy outcome from all this and keep well away from buying another car from that garage:(

O2,sorry to hear about your daughters car accident.What a nightmare but glad that they all got out ok.:gnthb: They should have gone to Somerset on the way back from Cornwall to see if they could get in to any of the sites instead of ending up in Blackpool.I haven't been for donkeys years and only used to go to see the Illuminations:D

Well I had a good morning yesterday in the garden clearing out some plants that had started to go over and then after dinner went over to the allotment and picked a carrier bag full of Runner Beans and got a bit of weeding done so this morning I will be preparing them like I did the last lot:)

Was doing some Googling last night and clicked on a site that I thought was ok when a large pop up came up to tell me virus attacks were iminent so I left the machine running until Mr K came home and then he had to scan everything.When it had finished there were 265 threats found but at least nothing got through the anti virus...phew:D

Rain is forecast for today so we will see what happens.Hope you all have a great day:luv:

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo, kandy and everyone,
    02 sorry to hear your daughters car accident do hope they are all ok after that it must of been frightening.
    kandy sorry to hear your virus scan its a nightmare that and thats some threat 265 found lets hope all ok.
    the car its a nightmare all right, the garage that has the car now told AA that the garage in wylam 4 weeks ago have made a right hash of the injectors and 3 have cracked so after them saying that AA rejected to pay the bill or even get a breakdown out to take the car back to wylam renault garage, i went mad with AA they called me last night and i wasnt very happy with them, so i said well why are we paying £22 per month for the best cover and they cant prove that it was the wylam garage that did that as the cars been running perfect for 4 weeks till now, anyway wylanm garage have denied doing anything and said they just did 1 injector,when car comes back my son-in-law is taking me with car to his friends main renault dealer in newcastle and he wants it looked at before i run this car again. let you know the outcome, the car is getting picked up this morning, im off along to garage to get my shopping out of boot just in case i dont get the car back.
    have a great day all

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,493
    Good morning everyone,

It's another warm morning and I'm trying to get a lot of things done before I go out. Done the washing and got the drying in the tumble dryer. I don't hang out the towels etc because they get much softer if dried in the tumble dryer :).

I might have to put the sprinkler on the veggies this afternoon if we don't get any rain as we haven't had any for days.

Have a great day :D

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy, Rosa, Shiney and all.

Thanx for your good wishes guys you're all very sweet.:luv:
    I was up earlier but had to go back bed the pains getting a little too much for me of late so I will have to have words with the doctor to try and sort some other treatment out if this carries on. To be honest I don't take the drugs all the time as I think their effect is no longer working for me.:(

Shiney of you could sort some snaps out of Mrs.Shiney's hobby work then that would be lovely I'm sure we all would enjoy seeing that. no washing on the line for me today it's raining!

Kandy I do keep busy (honest) I'm a proper mother hen in fact I'm afraid I'm one of those naughty parents that you mentioned before although my boys are in their 20's!:hehe: I want my boys to enjoy their freedom and have 'nice' things before moving on and settling into a proper adult life where money can be quite tight and life a bit of a struggle.

Well done to Mr.K with his handy work I do like a man that's handy...maybe he can come and give Bob a hand with the second stage of the decking?:D

02 as long as your daughter had a great time after all the events it really doesn't matter if it's a flash honeymoon aboard or a trip to Blackpool it's making the most of things that count and it does sound as if they did that.... good for them.:thumb:

Rosa your car trouble, the allotment and now the AA that's it girl your got your count of three only good things should happen now or I least I hope so sweetie.

Penny hope your lady troubles move swiftly on but watch out they have an habbit of returning after 4 weeks!:doh:

Woo remember to watch the sky tonight for the light show I hope it's not cloudly!

Bob's finished the first stage of the decking and now it's on with the extension, the high back step has now gone and it's a blessing for me because it was a real struggle sometimes just to hobble up it.

Hope you all have a nice day, Rosa all the best at sorting that blinking car of yours out sweetie.Take care.Hel.xxx.

6. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning friends :)

Its another nice day here, mid 80's and very little humidty:gnthb:

Thanks Helo, i just wish i had insisted they take all the "hardware" out when i had my tubes tied a few years ago....cursed thing that it is:hehe::dh::thumb:

Have to go and cut the grass later on, and just finished making beds, washed all the beddings:gnthb:
    After supper, i have to drive an hour and pick up a bed for my daughter while she's away at College, its less then a year old, mattress still wrapped in original plastic, its a black wrought iron day bed, cost 400.00 dollars and i am getting it for 160.00:yho::yho:

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi penny pleased to hear your having nice weather, i have a black wrought irin bedstead they look really nice. hope you have had a great day.

helen, theres my 3 then, ive just put a complaint by e-mail to the AA telling them im not very happy with no services from them when we have a top cover.
    ive heard nothing all day about my car, but my brother passed the local garage and my car is not there so its back to crappy wylam garage and through the AA we got a bill for £32 from the local garage for work they had done on the car so basically we are paying for top AA services and getting nothing they even wouldnt pick my car up either so cant see the point in being in the AA, just had my hubby on phone in africa and hes mad with the AA when he comes back hes cancelling AA services and hes going to join our motor insurance green flag.

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Rosa and all.

Oh Rosa sounds like the AA is as bad as the RAC and we're made our minds up we are going back to the AA in September! :doh: Looks like everyone is just more than willing to take your money and not supply the service, it's all so very shocking.

Penny that's a terrible burden for us girls have to deal with it's all so very yucky, those boys do get off lightly although when us girls were in labour I'm sure we all gave them hell so what goes around comes around!:hehe:

Hope your daughter enjoys her new day bed we don't use them over here but they sure do look nice and yours seem to be a great bargain well done for getting it.:thumb:

I managed to potter around in the back garden I'm loosening up but now have started to get the 'feelings' of spasms and just the thought of them fills me with dread so I'm keeping as active as my poor body will allow. I think I might have twisted my back badly the other day when I was helping Bob but I do like helping him out and am never one to watch others work.

We have to buy a new gaming graphics cards for our son Harry it's going to cost a couple of hundred quid but it's his birthday in three days time so that's that sorted!:yho:

Another nice day and Bob's going to crack on with the decking, hope the sun shines down on you all too...have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

9. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Good morning Helen and all my other friends,Bit behind this morning (just like a Cows tail):hehe:heavy Rain and cloud today (but only on the outside):lollol:Helen hope your spasm,s Improve and you soon feel better,everyone have a lovely day and please stay safe.:)

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo , helen and everyone, lovely out there this morning nice and sunny.
    helen its not good all this, my car isnt at that wylam garage its in a holding garage tow breakdown too it there they are going to look at the car this morning and i also want to know why the cars warning lights didnt come on before it broke down.will probably know more later on keep you informed. bet your in two mind now of joining the AA after my experience with them.do be careful with that work you are doing as you will make your back worse, mines ok at the moment.
    have a great day all

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,493
    Good morning everyone,

We had a little rain yesterday but then the sun came out and was very hot. There is glorious sunshine again this morning so the sprinkler has definitely got to be put on the veggies.

Helen, I will try and find some time to take photos of Mrs shiney's hobbies but don't know when. :thumb:

I'm still working on our winter holiday arrangements which is quite tricky. We have done the bit of where to go and how to get to the start and back from the end but the middle bit isn't worked out properly. We have a lot of friends and family in places on the way and need to contact all of them and arrange seeing them. We became friends with another couple last year on our travels through S.E. Asia and have arranged to go away together this time. So lots of arranging and research to do. :)

We are off this morning to see a niece who has just recently got a new puppy :D. I've got a meeting to go to first and want to also get in some gardening.

So, I wish all of you with aches and pains a lot better and have a great day :D

12. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,:)

Its another gorgeous day here, and no rain, so i'll have to water the flowers later.:gnthb:

Not too much on the go today, kind of a relaxing day, but thats ok, we have another busy weekend.:thumb:

Picked up the bed lastnight, and its gorgeous, and what a deal we got, all the bedding alone would have been 150.00 or more and the bed and mattress, around 400.00....so we got a heck of a deal for sure :gnthb::gnthb::yho:

13. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Nice to see I am first on here for a change.I have just sat and wrote a long post and lost the whole lot and I am NOT going to do it all again:mad:

Hope you are all well and hope you all have a great day:)

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,493
    Good morning everyone,

As usual, I am in a bit of a rush today with too much to do :). Card and present to take to a five year old and a card for her parents' anniversary So I'm bound to spend some time with them playing with the birthday girl and her two year old brother :luv:. Then a couple of consumer cases to deal with :old:. I also have to do some shopping for food for tomorrows guests - a friend and her prospective hubby - and get the lawns cut so the garden looks good as he hasn't been here before. :thmb:

The puppy yesterday was an adorable 8 week old border collie. He has only been there a few days but is extremely friendly and happy and has already toilet trained himself - they only had to show him once :hehe:. He also learnt to obey "No" and "Sit" in five minutes. It was great fun to play with him and also watch him happily play on his own indoors and out in the garden. He has a lot of toys but his favourite is a cardboard box. The cats are a bit wary of him but the bigger one has already shown him who is boss :hehe:

Have a great day :D

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, shiney and everyone.
    a bit late this morning, kandy shame about your long post.
    shiney the border collie sounds lovely they are quick to learn those dogs, did you get any pics would love to see him.
    have a great day all