Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow Jazmine - when it rains it pours eh? Glad your SIL is home and recuperating - no doubt if she's within a reasonable distance of you you will be doing what you can to help out - as you do! Glad that your son's GF was seen to - a blood clot? Holy cow - lucky girl to have had it sorted. Is that the one that was in the pics last week?
    Rosa - I never have blonde moments - no excuse for that - I blame those types of things on kids - I stand by the fact that with every child we have we lose brain cells through the placenta......hence I no longer have any brain cells that are worth anything :)
    Glad you enjoyed getting your hair done Jazmine - trying to think what to do with mine before return to work next month........time for 'something' different.......and 'un'gray for sure!
    Shiney - you sound like a genuinely 'good' type of person - notice that you are often helping others in things that they can find complicated and daunting - communities need more like you :)
    Waiting on 17 yr old to call and let me know when/where to pick him up - he's out celebrating grades with his friends - glad he's putting his share of 'my' brain cells to good use :)
    Have a good evening all - looks like little guys need another player for five a side out in the garden!

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Looks like it is going to be another beautiful day as I can jsut see the sun peeping from behind the clouds,glad though thta the wind has finally died down a bit and I can go and retrieve my pots that were rolling round the garden:D

Peri,Rutland is a beautiful county,we often drive over there for a Sunday afternoon ride round on our bikes or sometimes have a nice walk round there.They also have Ospreys breeding there and to think we used to have to go all the way to Loch Garten and Loch of Lowes to see them and I like to follow them on the RSPB website.Hope you have a brilliant day as you sound a really nice friendly person and it will be nice for you meeting up with all your like minded friends and having a good old chat.It is a pity we have too much to do this weekend because it would have been nice to have popped over there to see what is about at the fair:D

Anyway,we had a Police helicopter hovering over the village yesterday afternoon and I found out that a young lad in the village hadn't been seen by his parents since 9.30am yesterday morning so the local Police got involved and they were asking people in the village to go looking for him.Luckily he turned up at sometime after two so at least his parents were relieved and all ended well,but I bet he got a right telling off:D

Hope you all have a great day:)

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, a bit dull here this morning.
    jazmine pleased to hear the family are fine and the panic is over it was a worrying time.
    kandy seen rutland water on countryfile last night looks a great bird watching area.
    have a great day all

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,498
    Good morning everyone,

It is another sunny day :). The runner beans are not too happy with the weather we have been having. The strong winds and the very hot sun have made them think it is about time they set seed even though I am watering regularly.

I'm off out now to sort out a problem with a Post Office delivery :scratch:

Have a great day :D

5. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Morning friends :luv:
    Have a great day everyone. The weather here is a bit cooler today.

I now have to go and brave the supermarket.......:D

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney and jazmine,
    it cooler here to suns trying to get out, good luck shiney with the post office and jazmine enjoy your supermarket shopping

7. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    a cloudy day here with showers mostly that fine rain going out to Ellsmere Port shops for a run

8. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,:)

Its another nice day here, around 85 and a bit of a breeze.:thumb:

We had wicked weather go through here around 5:30-6pm lastnight and we have numerous reports of tornadoes :flag:coming through my area , in fact one touched down about 10 minutes from here and did major damage to a private ski club and ripped up trees at a local apple orchard, flipped cars over.....the winds were awful here too!!
    :flag::flag::flag:

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    afternoon nathan and penny,
    nathan same weather here cloudy and a few showers today supposed to be lovely tommorow but rain forecast for saturday night.

penny so sorry to hear of tornadoes they certainly do some damage its a shame the trees are ripped up with them taking years to grow and sorry to hear the ski club has been damaged

10. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    What a boring day...:mad:
    Shopping was not nice, it was crowded and there were children crying and screaming everywhere in Sainsburys.

I am now going to start some work here. I am getting behind.
    Hope you enjoy your run out Nathan. Rosa hope you are having a good day and it's not boring!
    Penny I would be terrified to think of tornadoes possibly arriving. I suppose being more used to them you have certain procedures in place. Keep safe.

11. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Thanks Rosa and Jaz......thats just it, we DONT normally get tornadoes up as far as i am.
    Very odd and very freaky that we did....the last time we had one in my area of Ontario was over 20 years ago, they dont usually come up this far north.

12. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    [align=center]Good morning all my friends Hope that everyone Is Ok and well,have a lovely weekend and please stay safe.:)
    [/align]

[align=center][​IMG]
    [/align]

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning woo and everyone, sun just coming up like your pics woo.
    jazmine sorry to hear shopping was boring nothing worse than a busy shop.
    penny most odd you getting tornadoes your way lets hope you dont get any more guess its the weather system starting them off.
    peri pleased to hear your broadband is sorted great news.
    im off out at 12 meeting friends to celebrate my birthday today so have a great day all

14. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,498
    Good morning everyone,

We have another sunny day :thumb: but no gardening for me as my back has gone :(. I'll just have to find it again :hehe:

Penny, a piece of useless information that is stored with all the other junk in my head - England has more tornados per square mile than any other country in the world. It is just that they are rarely serious so we don't hear much about them. :)

Kandy, update on Aimee the dog. Apparently we are not asked to look after her nowadays because she is now diabetic and has to have two injections per day :(. Otherwise, she is quite healthy and happy :thmb:

Have a great day :D

15. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo,Shiney,Rosa:hpbthd: and everyone:)

Cracking sunrise here like yours Woo and hope you are taking it easy and enjoying the sun but not too much:thumb:

Rosa,hope you have a good day celebrating with your friends.:thumb:I expect you will be blowing the cobwebs away in your birthday prezzie today that Mr Rosa bought for you:Dand don't ruin the day by getting blotto:D

Shiney,sorry to hear about your back going again :oops:and hope you find it soon.I expect Oscar will help you recover itk-lseriously hope that you are soon back to full health,nothing like back problems when you have a couple of acres of garden to look after:flag::D:luv: Sorry to hear about Amy and hope she feels better soon.I remember you telling me last time I asked that her owner has now retired so you don't have to dog sit any more:)

Peri,hope the RSPB fair went off ok and that you didn't struggle too much walking round.You will have found your ankle would have soon got tired trying to walk round on the grass.Looking forward to your update when you get back:thumb:.We have been members of the RSPB since 1980 so should be due for a long service award soon:D

Anyway,it is a glorious day out there today and I think Butternut Squash,Bean,Carrot,Beetroot and Plum picking is in order so hope you all have a great day:luv: