Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,498
    Good morning Helen.

Sorry to hear that your back is playing up again :(. I hope they can get it sorted for you :thmb:

Wish you better :luv:

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning, kandy, helen, shiney and everyone,
    shiney do be careful with that back of yours you dont realize the strain you will put on it, even sitting on a pc can kick it off as we all know to well.
    aunty kandy so sorry for not heading your advice haha feel much better this morning,
    helen so sorry to hear your back is playing up i went for pyhsio and they made it worse had me doing strenuous daft excersises not good at all do be careful and thanks for the belated birthday wish.
    i watched most haunted last night till 2 this morning and i was a bit frightened left the lamp on all night hehe.have a great monday all hence the pics haha.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    evening peri, thanks for the beleted birthday wishes, sounds like you had a great time at the bird fair, i bought a tripod off e-bay it was only £7 great buy mind i havnt used it yet , i did try it out with my large fuji camera bit of a fiddle un-screwing the camera back off the top.

[​IMG]

4. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Good morning all my friends I do hope that you are all OK,Everyone have a lovely day and please stay safe.:)

[align=center][​IMG][/align]

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo and everyone,

Lovely sunrise again Woo:thumb:

Shiney glad that your girls have turned up again.I expect they have stayed away to have the babies and to go through their yearly moult.Glad that they are back now to eat all the dropped seeds so you won't have to keep bending down with your bad back:D

Rosa,love the Glitter Gif:D

Peri,glad that you had a good time at the Bird Fair.I expect the reccession is hitting people so they are being careful with their pennies.Sometimes when people have been to these sorts of events a couple of times they don't bother going again.I bought Mr K a tripod about twenty years ago and we usually take it with us when we go out bird watching or on holiday but it is quiet heavy to lug around.:(Your Spanish holiday sounds good and you should get plenty of Life ticks.We had our new membership cards come yesterday ready for next year and the Barn Owl on the front is brilliant:gnthb:

Helen,nice to see you back{scuse pun} on here.I was saying about you last week not being around.Hope you get something sorted out with your back and that you are able to get on with the weeding and gardening soon:luv:

Anyway,I was busy yesterday sorting out the freezer for the plums etc and then spent the afternoon getting a lot ready for freezing and in between chatting to one of my friends on the phone when she rung me up.I need to get over to the allotment today as it is going to rain tomorrow,but at least it will give the beans a watering:D

Here are a couple of piccy's especially to show Rosa,what you can grow at the lottie:D
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    There were also two more carrier bags of plums but I couldn't get them in the photo:D

6. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    I envy you and those plums. They are lovely.
    Think of all that plum jam.
    robert

7. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,498
    Good morning everyone,

It was a hot and sticky day yesterday and looks as though it will be the same today. The grass is suffering badly and is turning brown and some of our plants are wilting. Even the leycesteria is drooping. We've had very little rain for two months now so are looking forward to tomorrow's - if it comes.

Kandy, that is a really good crop. You'll have to start a shop :hehe:

Have a great day :D

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy, Capney, Shiney and all.

Thanks for your wishes guys, I'm hooked up to a TENNS machine it doesn't take away the pain but it allows me to concentrate on the strange pulses of the machine rather than the pain which has to be a good thing.

Shiney if it was cold and damp I'm sure we all would be complaining make the most of the good weather darling and if it's too hot for you to work out there find a cool spot and sit down, have a little drinky and enjoy the view of your wonderful garden.

Kandy you have some really funky mutant carrots there sweetie :hehe: what type of carrots they are and what seems to have the best taste in your opinion? We have found that the 'Early Nantes 5' have been the tastiest so far this year for us.

Oh Rosa you sound as bad as me I used to just love watching Zombie movies when I was younger but they used to scare the hell out of me so much so that I had to look under the bed before I got in it....very silly, now thankfully I just think they are a scream but I think the new ones are more frightening than the old ones I mean now the zombies can RUN!:oops::D

Because I have been housebound for over a week now I haven't been able to get over to the plots but Bob did bring me two lovely cobbs of sweetcorn yesterday I would dearly love to see the plot but also I dread to see those weeds!

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    [​IMG]

good morning, woo, kandy, shiney, helen and everyone.
    kandy excellent pics of your fruit and veg got some plums there are they sweet tasting and are you going to make plum jam with them as robert said or maybe open a shop as shiney said, anway whatever you do will be great.
    helen i dont watch horror movies it them programmes that investigate ghosts, watched one they went to america to a jail that had closed down a few years ago and there was loads of murders going on in the prison and it was all the ghosts from that day that haunted the place it was quite frightning.i shouldnt watch them really on my own haha.hope you will be ok helen guess its not nice being housebound for a week now and i hope the allotment isnt too over run with weeds once you get better and can get over there, wish i lived near you i would of gone over for you

have a great day all

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,:)

Its a nice day here, its supposed to be around 85.:thumb:

I was off yesturday to do all the paperwork for my daughter for College and see the campus and where she'll be living:thumb:........so it was a long day.....to is my "catch up" day, houswork and laundry:gnthb::gnthb::gnthb:

11. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Hiya Peri,

thats great that you are starting to walk more and not using the crutches so much....good for you.

Cant wait to see the ID pics, its always fun to ID some plants, and find out what you have,

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi penny pleased you got the college sorted and saw the campus bet it was a long day what with all that driving.

peri my tripod is quite small folded great to take away it stands quite well its a Konig there supposed to be good ones and its in a carry case, it unfolds to quite a good long stand it was worth the money i paid.
    hope you both had a great day

13. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Good morning all my friends I do hope that you have slept well and feel good,Its a lot cooler here and some lovely Dark fluffy Clouds to photograph, :wink: To Any of my friends who are not feeling 100% ,hope you feel much better soon,everyone have a good day and please stay safe :)

14. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo and everyone,

Woo you sneaked in there while I was upstairs:D Hope you are feeling better in your self as well:luv:

Peri,Mr K's tripod that I bought him over twenty five years ago is a Slik but can't tell you the name of the telescope at the moment because I can't locate it.They are both quiet heavy items because of the age of them so don't use the tripod that much.We usually take them away with us in case Mr K sees something good to photograph that needs a steady shot. :D

Helen,I found my heat pad worked wonders for my sciatica problem,plus I often found sleeping down stairs on the settee better than trying to lie in bed all night.Hope you manage to find some relief for your problem,but try to keep mobile rather than sitting.

Our Carrots that you see are the same ones as yours and I find them nice and sweet.We grow Autumn King for our winter variety if that is any help though I don't know whether they got the name wrong as we dig them up in what is calssed as the winter months:D

Robert,thankyou for your kind words,but we haven't got all the equipment to make plum jam and as we don't eat that much of the stuff,would rather eat them fresh and freeze the rest for later,then we stew them up with other fruit and have them that way:thumb:

Shiney we had a thunder storm when I was at the allotment yesterday so I legged it before the heavy rain started and just about got to the gate when the rain started.I had got most of the way home when I realised that I had left the squahes that i had picked in a carrier bag in the shed:dh: and we have rain this morning so won't be going over there:(.The villagers are all meanies in this village,would rather spend their money on designer shoes and handbags and wouldn't have a clue what to do with fruit and veg if they bought some.Different generation to us Shiney:DMy friend attempted to grow a few peas the other year for her kids and couldn't understand that peas could be eaten straight out of the pod.She insisted on cooking them first :hehe:

Well at least with the rain I don't have to go out with my hose pipe today.Some of our plants had started to wilt especially my cowslips.I like the leaves to be quiet sturdy before they die back for the winter.Looks like I shall be stuck indoors all day so hope you all have a great day in all that you do:luv:

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning woo, kandy and everyone,
    its pouring down here still quite warm and no wind which is good, im off to my friends shortly then going to have a run to tescos, i had a sticker i bought for the megane it was brill shoeaholic on board hehe and when i had the roof down it flew out the car so i want another one for the new car at least it wont fly out the new car haha.
    anyway have a great day all

[​IMG]