Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,498
    Good morning woo, Kandy and everyone,

Still no rain but it is just beginning to cloud over so we may get some :thumb:

Helen, I hope the TENNS machine makes a big difference as I have had some good reports on it :thumb: :luv:

Kandy, I have been sleeping in the lounge when my back is bad. When we had our new suite in June I ordered a special armchair that reclines. It reclines almost completely into a bed but I rarely use it in the fully reclined position as it is so comfortable semi-reclined. We got a really good deal on the suite and are very pleased with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have a great day :D

2. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its raining here, and a bit cooler today, only around 77 degrees........but we do need the rain.

That chair sure looks comfy Shiney.

3. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Good morning all my friends,I hope you are all OK,everyone have a good day and please stay safe.:)

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo and everyone,

Woo,it is still light up here at the moment but

It's better here this morning weather wise and I think it is going to be a better day all round although the sun is hidden at the moment.:D

Peri,I have found the scope it was under the rucksacks in the wadrobe in the other bedroom in it's leather case.Our scope is a Discoverer 60mm made by Baush and Lomb and as I have said it is very heavy but good for birdwatching and looking at the planets:D Hope your OH is getting on ok with his job away from home.:gnthb: I.m the main dishwasher in our house so if I breakdown we will be stuck,although saying that Mr K does do the breakfast stuff and sometimes the Sunday dinner crockery:D

Shiney,your seat looks nice and comfy.:thumb:The ones we have had for ten years{non leather} go back even further and we have to allow enough space so as not to bang the wall behind when they are fully extended:D Nice to see you are getting your homework done for Xmas:wink:

Rosa,make sure you stick that girlie sign on the glass a bit better this time.You don't want it flying away the first time you have the window down:flag::hehe:

Anyway,yesterday I managed to get some washing dry inbetween the rain showers and the second lot had to go on the airing racks,so once they are dry I can get on with my ironing:D Managed to get a load more plums prepared and frozen and found about four pink plum maggots in a few of the manky ones which I expected to find as we don't spray chemicals on the trees.Going to see my friend this morning,to see her new carpets that were being laid on Tuesday after the others were ruined when the house got ruined.She was telling me on the phone that her posh £1500 fridge freezer{six years old} has packed up so has had tpo off load all her frozen stuff onto her neighbour until someone can come out and sort it out.I told her to claim on the insurance but she doesn't think she will be able to after claiming thousands for her ruined house after the flood.:(

Hope you all have a great day and that the weather is good for the weekend:luv:

5. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,498
    Good morning everyone,

Well, the rain missed us again :( but it got within 500yds this time. I'm sure there's a big transparent umbrella up there somewhere. What we did get was the tail end of the hurricane winds. It looks as though we have had fruit fly - I was down the end of the garden and fruit was flying everywhere :hehe:. Some apples smashed down some of the bean canes :mad:. I got out of there quickly but shall go back later this afternoon to pick up windfalls and fix the beans. We have decided to grow a windbreak between us and the open field but haven't decided what it shall be - something that flowers :scratch:

We shall be going out on a walk from a little village about 25 miles away. It is an organised walk that will end at a pub for lunch - how civilised :thmb: :yho:

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo, kandy, shiney and everyone.
    kandy it wont fly off this time its at the back side window right at the back well hope it wont haha.
    shiney have a lovely walk and enjoy your lunch, cant be long now and you will be off to the lakes.love your new seat nice and comfy
    have a great day all

7. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its cooler here today, and i got the grass cut, so i'll go out here in a bit and water.

Have some laundry in too.

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    afternoon penny and peri,
    peri i can imajine how your feeling with my hubby being away the 4 weeks its sometimes hard but im more used to it, its not slushy you missing each other hehe guess you see each other at weekends unlike me, mind we got 4 weeks together and my hubbys working at xmas and new year this year but my daughter and sil and grandson will be here.
    have a great day

9. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Good morning Kandy,Rosa and Helen ,shiney,and Penny,Peri and all my other friends,I hope you are all OK,Its a Friday today and we haven't had any decent rain for about a six weeks now,four more days and we will be In my favorite month September,a month of such lovely colours to photograph:) just thought I would add this photo this morning of what I can see at this moment,everyone have a good day and please stay safe.:)

[​IMG]

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo and everyone,,

Woo love your photo especially with you sitting on your observation post:thumb::D We like the October month Woo for the Autumn coours up here although on our walk yesterday evening round the village woodland we noticed that the birches have leaves that are already going yellow yet ours at home are fine.:scratch:

Shiney sorry to hear about your flying fruit smashing the beans.Hope you manage to get the windbreak sorted.I don't know what you could grow apart from Escalonia{spelling}or Leylandi which is fast but doesn't flower:scratch: Hope you didn't find the walk too bad with your back problem.Good as well to find a pub that is still open,they are all closing round here but then again if they don't do grub then they will close:)Enjoy your day:)

Peri,my friend is having an engineer out today to have a look at the fridge freezer and she thinks she will have to have a new one if it can't be fixed and that is going to be at least a £1,000 for a new Smeg one.Her house is nearly finished now after the flooding and is starting to look really nice now with new carpets and furniture plus having new doors and bathroom tiles.It has been a long three months for her and her family:p
    I bet you are looking forward to having your OH back home and hope you enjoy the weekend and bank holiday together:luv:

Rosa,hope you are well and hope that today turns out ok for you:thumb::luv:

Well,I managed to get to the allotment yesterday and the beans are fine after the strong winds from Hurricane Bill so I think the new canes we bought this year have helped.Picked another carrier bag full of said beans so have them to sort out today plus other things to doI had to water the beans because the rain never touched the base of the beans because of the leaf canopy,but at least they are done now:D Picked some more squashes so we have five of them drying off at home.I had a few more apples to pick up plus the pears are dropping because of the wind and the wasps had started to attack some of them:(

Sorry to be short in typing today but I am running out of time again.Hope you all have a great day:luv:

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,498
    Good morning everyone,

Woo, did you take that lovely photo from your perch or were you in flight at the time? :)

Peri, hope your dishwasher gets sorted OK. :thumb:

Kandy, your produce from the allottment is really keeping you busy :). Our walk was very good and it was in an area that I had never been to before and it was a nice group of 14 people. It was through farmland and woodland areas and ended at the 2008 Pub of the Year. The food was very good and I chose home made mushroom soup and braised neck of lamb on mash from their lunch special - 2 courses for £7.50. Drinks were very expensive for a village pub - 2 halves of lager, one tonic and one grapefruit juice for £9.80 :(. Althuogh the food was excellent we decided that we won't go there again with drinks so expensive. One of the walkers said that they were charged £2.80 for half a pint of coke. Maybe I'm still living in the stone age but that seems excessive.

My back was fine for the walk as I am now only having trouble with sitting or standing. Whilst I am on the move I don't have any trouble. I've got to go to a meeting this morning that starts at 9 o'clock and is expected to run through lunch. I'll probably have to get up and walk around every so often.

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning woo, kandy , shiney and everyone.
    woo lovely pic see your observing the sights haha.
    kandy im fine will e-mail you have you still got more veg to get from your allotment, you didnt mention what you were doing with all them plums you picked.
    shiney sorry to hear your backs playing up, that dinner you had sounds yummy.
    hope everyone is keeping well and have a lovely day

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney and Rosa,

Shiney glad you enjoyed your walk.They are the sort of walks we try for so we don't get too bored looking at the same scenery.:D Sorry that the pub drinks were so expensive.I expect that because the meals are reasonably priced they get their money back on hiking up the price of the drinks.We haven't been in a pub since The Sun last September when we were on our hols but nothing would suprise me with the price of stuff especially as we are in a deep reccession:(

Hope your meeting isn't too painful for you:oops:

Rosa,you must be reading the posts too quick as I have been saying that most of them are going in the freezer,we are eating lots and giving them away to the neighbours.{You definetley need to go to Specsavers:D}

I am not a happy bunny at the moment.While i was doing some irioning in the Conservatory that blue cat that has adopted us,{Davinia} has got up onto my Mantlepiece and has knocked off my glass and gold metal clock and a small vase my friend bought me and as they fell onto the marble type hearth they have been smashed.:mad: I am so angry,I am spitting nails at the moment.I have chucked the cat outside and put the slide in but now it means mine can't get in or out:( I know the clock was only a cheap M&S one but the vase is something I wanted to keep from my 70 year young friend and now it has gone.I am Pxxxxd off and feel like having a good cry:(

We have just had the air ambulance hovering overhead so hope theuir hasn't been an accident somewhere:(

Hope your day goes well and will be in contact as soon as I can:luv:

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi kandy haha i knew you were putting a lot in the freezer was wondering iff you are making jam with the plums.have a great day

15. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its going to be cool and rainy here, they said on the news that all weekend its going to give us Fall weather.....greaaaaat!!

Have to help my daughter finish packing today, as she leaves for College tomorrow, so i have 6 hours of driving tomorrow, to take her to school.