Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Hi Shiney I was on a double somersault, jackknife Reverse dive and Pike with half a twist:yho:

2. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Hi everyone,

Its 7:50pm here Friday night and i am popping in now, i wont be on tomorrow as i will be taking my daughter down to get her settled at College.

So have a great night and good day tomorrow!

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,498
    Good morning everyone,

woo, so you didn't use your tripod! :hehe: :yho:

Kandy, sorry to hear about the 'smashing time' Davinia had :(. We shall be back at the Sun in just over a weeks time. Oscar won't be lonely as he has his friends coming to feed him twice a day, someone coming twice a day to water the greenhouse and pots etc (who absolutely adores Oscar and brings him naughty treats) and someone coming to feed the birds. There will be three other people popping in and the postgirl will give him a cuddle every day. Tough life for him, isn't it? :rotfl: :rotfl:

We finally got rain yesterday :yho: but it only lasted for ten minutes :(. The forecast is for a sunny weekend with it getting quite hot on Monday. As it will be dry on Sunday we shall be meeting up with friends at the Chilli Festival.

My meeting was good yesterday (my back didn't play up much) as we are working on a project to try and help boost the local economy - as the government doesn't seem to be doing much to help it. I also had a chance to go round and help sort out a problem that one of the people I look after was having with the local council. So a good day all round :gnthb:

I'd better get out there in the garden and do some mowing and edging before I start preparing food for guests that are coming this weekend. :)

Have a great Bank holiday :D

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney and everyone,

I have been up since seven but have had moggies to feed first and a few other bits to do but am here now:)

Shiney I was more upset over the small vase that got broken because it was a Birthday gift from my friend of 21 years so to me is irriplaceable:( I can get another clock because they still have some and to top it all this is the second clock my cats have had off of the mantle piece and smashed,one reason why I don't have many ornaments on show:p

Hope you and Mrs Shiney have a real good holiday with some decnt weather as you both deserve it after all the hard work you put in to your garden and it is nice to know Oscar will be well looked after:gnthb:

Sounds like you will have a good time at the Chilli Festival with your friends and hope the weather stays fine for you all.:)

Mr K is off work until Thursday having some of his flexi days off or else he loses them and I am trying to talk him in to doing some decorating as it has been twelve months since he did the last lot,pluse we have grocery shopping,the garden to water and weed,the allotment to water and weed and also go and see about a new upright freezer,phew...:D

The Tudors were good on the telly last night and GW wasn't too bad either for once:)

I think Google looke good today and if you double click on it when they have a date to celebrate there is lots of info about that particular subject.I store them in my favourites and then go back and read them later when I find time:D
    http://www.google.co.uk/

Well it is sunny out there this morning and also a bit nippy so it looks like Autumn is well on it's way:(

Hope you have a good day:luv:

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning penny, shiney, woo, kandy and everyone.
    late this morning went to my daughters yesterday and we didnt get back till last night she stayed here so taking her home later on.
    penny good luck at the college have a great day.
    have a great day all my dear friends

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Feeling a bit tired this morning due to the fact that for four nights this week Willow has brought a mouse into the house in the middle of the night and brings it upstairs to us and then he starrts his usual unusual cry.We normally have to get up and chase him out of the bedroom and last night he came back and promptly starting eating it so we could hear the crunching of the bones:euw: anyway,I suppose that is what we expect living so close to the countryside and now that the combines have done their work harvesting {last week} the mice have to find somewhere else to go:oops:

Peri,I bet you were really pleased that your OH is now back home.It seems a pity in one way that you have moved down from Scotland and now your OH has to travel back up there to work:p Hope that by the time you read this you have had a good weekend:)

Penny sound slike you have been busy helping your daughter get settled into College.Good luck for her future and hope she eventually gets the grades she wants and a good paid job at the end of it:thumb:

Hope you have a good day at the Chilli festival and that the meal went ok last night:)

Rosa,sounds like you have been having a great time with your daughter and her family.I bet little Cody is growing fast now:)

Anyway, yesterday we went off and did our grocery shopping and then after Mr K had watched the qualiifying for todays Grand Prix we went off out to try and get a new freezer sorted out and finally manged to get a nice frost fee one so we no longer have to worry about defrosting the old one.Some of the really big freezers were very nice but they wanted nearly £700 for them which is far more than we wanted to pay just for a few more cubic feet:( Anyway it is coming tomorrow morning so we have to spend some time this morning making room for it in the garage which will mean we have to get the old one moved out of the way ready for the new one to be slotted into it's space.At least now we dont have to worry about where all the sweetcorn are going to go when we harvest them soon.:D

I had better get on as it is a nice day out there today and don't want to miss any of it.

Hope you all have a good one in all that you do:luv:

7. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,498
    Good morning everyone,

It is a lovely sunny day but not particularly warm yet but it is going to be hot hot hot at the Chilli Festival :yho: :yho:

Have a great day :D

8. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Good morning Kandy and all my other super friends ,I hope you are all well and OK,Its a very warm and Sunny day ,no real Rain as such for about two months now,But I,m not complaining quite the Opposite:)
    Everyone of you have a great and enjoyable Sunday and please stay safe:) Sunrise this morning.

[align=center][​IMG]
    [/align]

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good afternoon, peri, kandy, shiney, woo and everyone.
    peri and kandy enjoying having time with sam and cody, shes staying here at mine for a few days.
    peri getting to old for slush ha ha mind i do miss him as 4 weeks is a long time yet we have 4 whole weeks together.
    woo i love that pic, superb colours well done.
    im on late today with having my daughter here have a great day

10. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Hi everyone,

Popping in to say Hi, its pouring rain here and cant go out and weed, soooo.....
    I've instead cleaned all of upstairs, stripped the girls beds and added their flannel bedding, put stuff away in the attic, vaccumed the baseboards and floors,mopped, was going to clean the windows, but there's no point right now, and did my usual cleaning downstairs.

Things went well yesturday, we left here just before 9am yesturday and got back to the house around 7:30 lastnight, but she's all settled and happy, and thats all that matters.

Off to check on my roast in the crockpot, so have a good day everyone.

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning penny and everyone.
    its nice and sunny here this morning taking my daughter and grandson back home this morning and do a bit of shopping on the way back.
    penny pleased to hear your daughter has settled well great news.
    have a great monday all.

[​IMG]

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa and everyone,

Hope you are all having a good Bank Holiday Monday:)

Rosa,hope you ahve ahd a good weekend with your family and do drive safely when you take them back home today.:luv:

Well the weather is typical for a BH,cold and breezy with rain mixed in for good measure,although yesterday started off nice and sunny it soon went down hill after the grand Prix had finished.

Have been up since six this morning but have been my usual busy self getting things done and we have just had the deliverery men turn up with our new freezer so we now have to let it settle for a few hours beofre we can turn it on.:p

Hope you all have a great day:luv:

PS We had the Vulcan come over our village again on Saturday and missed it again:(

13. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,:)

I'm having my coffee before i start anything, yesturday was a big cleaning day for me, so the list isnt as long.:thmb:

I hope to get out and work in the gardens, and do some weeding, its been cold here at night and some of my plants are looking pretty bad, so i might take them out.:thumb:

I got my daughter all settled at school, so thats a relief.:gnthb:

Have a great day everyone,:D

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    afternoon kandy and penny,
    just got back from taking my daighter home and went for a bit shopping, got a bit dull out there and rained a bit.
    hope your having a great day everyone

15. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Good morning all my friends I Hope that you are all OK,Its the first of September to day,and I,m not going to say anything as juvenile as ,Pinch and a Punch for the first day of the month:hehe:Every one have a lovely day and please stay safe.:)