Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Nice to see you back on here Woo and are feeling better:gnthb:

Yes it's the first of another month and not too long until Christmas.I can't wait as it is one of my favourite times of the year to be able to go out round the village and into the surrounding villages to see all the trees lit up and the decorations round the rooms:hehe: I've already started getting some of my presants for Mr K and friends and relatives so at least it won't be a mad rush or too much expense the nearer we get to the big day:D

I'm looking forward to my forthcoming time away and I know Mr K is as well.I just hope the weather stays fine:D

Went over to the allotment yesterday morning and picked some more squashes so that makes eight altogether{must ask Shiney how you can tell when they are ready to eat} some more courgettes,and marrows,another bag of runners and some carrots and beetroot:) Some of the bean canes have been pushed over by the wind but most of them are still standing,although stronger winds are forecast for later on this week:(

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do:luv:

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo, kandy and everyone,
    woo hope your feeling better, first day of september have a little pinch not a punch haha.
    ohhh kandy it will soon be xmas cant wait, i bought a xmas tree off my daughter its lovely green with all cream and gold decorations and lights with it, she wants a black xmas tree so im getting her one as a swap for hers, im also going to start and get xmas pressies soon and i have my xmas cupboard in my kitchen for xmassy things, cant believe we are talking xmas now hehe.
    ive started getting little tiny flies in my home they are most annoying little things never had them before got my raid spray but cant seem to get them.
    have a great day

3. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa,

Yes I love Christmas especially if we get the snow.:D I saw two nice gifts while we were away the other month so I got them and I will give one to my friend and the other identical one to Mr K's sister.I have also got some books for Mr K and some turkish delight that he loves so i have hidden them away at the back of my wadrobe ready for wrapping.Sad aren't I:hehe:

The small flies Rosa, are probably coming from the compost of your tomato plant.You need to let the compost dry out a bit as fungus knats{sp} love wet conditions.:(

Enjoy your day:luv:

4. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Morning everyone, I should really get started with my Christmas shopping as it costs me a pretty penny. By Chrismas I will have 5 grandchildren and 1 step grandchild as our Paulas 5th will be due on the 11th Dec.:flag:
    Ive not been on for a while as Ive been poorly with suspected gall stones, the pain was out of this world, ended up at A&E.
    I have an appointment for an ulta scan on the 9th so then I will know for sure.:dh:
    I seem to be falling to bits lately :hehe: Hope you all have a lovely day, take care :thmb: 02

5. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,498
    Good morning everyone,

Kandy, butternut squash can be eaten at almost any time but the full sweet flavour doesn't develop until the skin has taken on the the orangy brown colour that you see they have in the supermarkets. From then onwards they will keep OK for months just sitting on the worktop in the kitchen.

With the extreme winds and hot sun that we have had over the last weeks our runner beans have decided that it is time for them to stop flowering and set seed :(. I think they will be finished by the end of the week. We picked up a wheelbarrow full of windfall apples and dumped half a barrow of windfall pears (they go all squishy when they hit the ground). The pear needed a bit of thinning out as the branches are too heavily laden.

On Sunday the Chilli Festival was great fun and was absolutely crowded. There was one area with stalls cooking and selling hot foods from all over the world. For lunch one of our friends had Thai food, I had Indian and Mrs shiney and our other friend had Morrocan :thmb:. Yum Yum!! There were dozens of stalls selling chilli products (with lots of tasters - including chilli chocolate), plants and other goodies.

Yesterday it got so hot and humid that I spent the afternoon doing things indoors. The garden is really suffering badly from lack of rain.

Have a great day :D

6. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Hiya Shiney, we seem to have nothing but rain again this summer, shame we cant do a swap.:thmb: 02

7. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Thank you Kandy and Rosa for your kind words,Yes a lottle better every day.:)

8. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its sunny but cool here, but no rain.

Made a pot of chili for supper, so its on now cooking away.

9. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Hello friends :luv:

Just popped in - we have been clearing up here inside and out. OH is working hard bless, up and down ladders, repairing the fence, sorting out the outside lights etc. :) He is well trained :lollol:

I am so pleased I got a place on two evening courses. I had left it a bit late to sign up so couldn't have the day courses. One is a painting course and the other a "starting over" course which covers things like "The power of Now" "Healing through writing" "Self discovery" etc which I am really interested in.:)

Hope you are all well.

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,498

Swap!! :scratch: :scratch: but you live in Manchester so you must be joking :flag: :flag: :hehe:

11. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    02 - hope you are feeling better - haven't experienced gall stones myself, but have seen how painful they can be. My sis in law said it was worse than being in labour :(

So glad to see I'm not the only one who has gotten a head start on the Christmas shopping! With five boys - not only is it an expensive time of year, but just very hard to get things that are unique for each of them, as they are all into the same things. So, I ten dto buy throughout the year as and when I find little things that would suit each kid.

Getting ready to get back to work next week - and winding up the summer jobs we have been doing around the house. Just have to finish re-doing the pond that was dug in haste when we moved here in December - have a digger coming to help make the job alot easier.

Hope everybody is well..

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,498
    Good morning everyone,

Another mild and dry day. I hope you all have the weather you would like :)

O2, Re Gallstones: Mrs shiney has had great success with recommending the Gallstone Flush to her patients. There has been over 90% success with her patients.

Here are the instructions - the mallic acid in the apples softens the stones.

GALLSTONE FLUSH (Jason Winters)

Drink 2 pints apple juice daily for 5 days
    This will soften up the stones to such an extent that you could squash them in your fingers.

On the sixth day, skip dinner and at 6.00 p.m. take a tablespoon of Epsom salts with water.

Repeat at 8.00 p.m.

At 10.00 p.m. make a cocktail of 4 oz. olive oil and 4 oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice. Shake vigorously and drink right down.

In the morning you will pass green stones varying from the size of grains of sand to some as large as your thumb nail.

You wonâ??t feel a thing but will be amazed at the results.

Thousands have done this instead of major surgery.

She normally tells them to do the flush every 6 months or so in order to keep the system clear.

Have a great day, everyone :D

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone:)

Never fear Shiney you are going to get some rain this evening and for the next few days.I have done a rain dance for you:D

O2,sorry to hear about your Gallstones.They must be very painful and I hope you get some relief real soon...

Hope you all have a great day and here are a few photo's of some more veg.Shiney thanks for the squash advice.The first one is going a nice colour and the others will follow no doubt:gnthb:.We have no room to store them on the work tops as we only have a tiny kitchen so will have to find another place for them:D

The middle photo are all our Marjories Seedling Plums
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Have a good day everyone:)

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning everyone,
    lovely and sunny out here this morning.
    o2 sorry to hear of your gallstones, ive been having problems with dreadful pains but mine isnt gallstones ive had to stop eating rich food and coca cola is the worst.
    shiney the gallstone flush sounds an excellent idea.
    kandy love the pics of your fruit and the corn looks nice yummy i love sweetcorn.
    have a great day all

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,498
    Kandy, that's a wonderful crop :gnthb:. My mouth is watering :)