Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    OK Rosa.Just off for my shower.Take Carexxx

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    speak later kandy, just answered yours thanks xx

3. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Mornin you guys,lovely sunny mornin here,anyone around?(i always seem to ask that)

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,761
    Morning everyone,
    It rained most of the day yesterday and the garden really needed it after almost two weeks of sun. Today is misty but will be warm and sunny.

Kandy,
    Tell you're hairdresser to do a good job or I'll report them to the 'Hair Police' :D . I'm going to do Mrs shiney's hair in a minute so see you all later.
    -------------
    shiney

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney,
    I now have a big head :D even Mr Kandy agreed with that statement.
    I've had three hairwashes today,can't go and have my hair done if it's not washed first :D

Had a good chat and caught up with all the village news.They now have five hairdressers over at Barton,so I suppose thats ok for five thousand people.

The girl who did my hair agreed with me that my hair is in very good condition{Soft} for my age.
    She said I could have either Highlights or Low Lights to cover the grey...I will need to discuss it with her next time

I am just wondering what my hair will be like tomorrow after I have washed it.I expect I won't be able to do a thing with it,and will have to walk round with a bag on my head :D That should be an improvement...

Have a good weekend [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,425
    Morning all! We had a good rain overnight but it's nice and sunny now. Good start for the weekend.

All that washing, Kandy, and I'm amazed you don't have straw on your head, removing all the natural oils! :eek:

Is that the Barton in Beds or is there one in Northants?

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning LOL.No my hair is silky soft,it is the best feature I've got.Never had bleach or lots of colouring.Only had it highlighted or lowlighted last year for the first time.

It is Earls Barton In Northants where I lived for 21 years.We are all too lazy to say the whole name,so we just call it Barton...You foreigners just get confused.
    At least Mawsley is a nice short word...Now ask me where that is...

Anyway have a good day

8. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,425
    Seeing your lottery numbers there. The Euromillions was 58 million last night and no one one it! T'other half won 10 Euros, though! Pays for next week's rollover. That's his second such win this year. We only play on rollovers.

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning all, weather is not too nice here raining and pretty dull, wonder if kandy had the winning lottery numbers

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa.No I didn't win the lottery,so will have to spend the winter in this drab country.
    I have been up since six this morning,got another cracking headache and feeling yucky.I will try and get back to reply later Rosa.I think some fresh air might help.

Dag,thanks for that,hope it helps with your query.

Shiney,
    Hope you are well and had a good day yesterday.I keep looking at your Lake District photos,they are brilliant.May I ask what camera you used for them?sorry to be nosey.Anyway have a good day [​IMG] [​IMG]

By the way,we had fog when I got up,but now it is just dull.Hope you all have a good day.
    My car is having an MOT tomorrow so I just hope it passes this year.It failed last year...

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    kandy sorry to hear you didnt win the lottery do you use the same numbers every week.

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    No Rosa.I haven't brought one for yonks.I used to do it Religously,but since changing religion,don't bother unless it is a rollover,then I often forget

I am putting the money in a large glass bottle and at the last count have over �£250 in it.

We have rain here now so no walking.I am going to have to have some tablets if this headache doesn't clear up

13. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,761
    Morning everyone,
    Dull here as well but I'm sure it will brighten up.

Kandy,
    I hope your headache gets better soon. The camera I am using is a Canon Ixus 400. I'm sure they don't make the 400 anymore but are probably up to version 700 or 800 now - I've had it 3 or 4 years. It is just one of those digitals that fits in the palm of your hand and I usually wear it in its little holder on my belt - much easier than lugging around my old heavy SLR camera. Although it has all the fancy settings on it I only use it on automatic - can't be bothered to read the handbook :D . I find that if I take hundreds of pictures I eventually get a good one.

Yesterday we went to see some friends in their new cottage. It is in a beautiful village called Finchingfield. They have a rescue cat that is very nervous and was pulling its fur out. It has settled down very well with them but needs lots of reassurance. The other day a lady in their village said that she had a litter of kittens that needed good homes. They went to see them and fell in love with one of them - their little boy loved it as well. They brought it home yesterday and the other cat was not happy. The kitten is tiny and wanted to play with the cat but the cat looked as though he was going to eat the kitten. He was hissing and started to stalk it. They separated them and then checked on the internet what to do about it. It said that they shouldn't have gotten the kitten until the other cat had settled and felt safe. They now have to keep them in different rooms and gradually try to get the cat to understand that his position is not threatened. The website gives instructions on what to do. They have their work cut out for them because they both work long hours and they are still trying to get settled in to their new home. It is such a pity because both the cat and the kitten are lovely.

Have a great day everyone.
    ------------------
    shiney

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    kandy i dont buy them used to most i won was �£70 once and the odd tenner, occasionally i do the roll over when i remember.
    do hope that headache stops, going to make a coffee, just looked out side the weather is miserable and raining

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    shiney do hope the cat and kitten accept each other in time its a very difficult situation they are in and may take a few weeks but everything should work out in the end.