Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning woo, kandy and everyone,
    woo your garden sounds lovely like to see pics, everything on my balcony is still all green, enjoy your apple pie when you make it.
    kandy will take your advice mind ive been ok since i got back from thailand it could be an infection as hubbys doc had said that to me. migraines are teribble i seem to be getting a lot more recently but its only because of the chocolate i should of gone to specsavers, thats funny it came up on telly last night and i had a chuckle thinking of you saying this. hehe.
    have a great day all

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,502
    Good morning everyone,

woo, it sounds as though you are getting quite fruity :hehe:

Kandy, we had the strong winds again yesterday and quite a bit more damage has been done to the garden - and another barrow of windfalls :(. Runner beans are almost completely finished (3-4 weeks earlier than usual), squash leaves have almost totally died back, caulis have suddenly decided to bolt but fruit is doing well.

rosa, it's difficult to cut back on chocolate but if it is causing such bad migraines you really must do it :flag:. From what I understand about migraines (as a migraine sufferer who used to attand migraine clinic) they should ease up after the age of 45 as long as you keep off the things that aggravate it. For me it was alcohol and chocolate :(. I'm not sure you should delay going to the doc about your stomach just in case you are getting an ulcer. I'm off to the optician this morning - see you at specsavers :hehe:

Have a great day :D

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa and Shiney.

Rosa,if you have an infection then you really should get it seen to and get some antibiotics.I nearly said an Ulcer like Shiney said but didn't want to worry you too much.My dad kept going to see the Dr because he had bad pains in his stomache and the Dr just said it was indigestion{never even examined him}In the end he was in such pain that my mum said to the surgery to send the lady Dr out a Dr Heart:DShe took one look at him and told my mum she was sending for an ambulance.At the hospital he had a Barium meal and it showed he had got three Dudena{sp}l Ulcers and needed an op straight away.He had to have half of his stomache removed and after he had recovered his diet had to change and he was never a well man after that.If the Dr had given him some proper treatment to begin with he wouldn't have had to go through any of that:( so please don't leave it too long Rosa as I wouldn't want it to be what my dad had:flag:

Shiney,I was going over to the allotment this morning to see how things were with thses strong winds but have decided to defrost and clean out the fridge freezer in the kitchen first.
    Sorry to hear about your windfalls.We are losing our Williams pears just the same plus some of my Bramleys.I do hope the rest hang on until we get back from our hols:p We have some more squashes growing large on the wood we put under them plus the self sets are starting to set fruit.Some of our squash leaves have mildew on them but apart from that they still look ok.:thumb: The runner beans are still producing although a few I missed have got too large so I am leaving them for seed.If we have enough beans to last until we go away in eight days time then we shall leave the rest for seed.

I have had a reminder from Vision Express to have my eyes tested.I can't believe that I have had these glasses two years{We went to Specsavers:D} and i have to have new frames as the gold is going from the nose bridge and it is leaving me with a dirty nose where the metal rests:(:DIt will have to wait a few weeks now though:p

Hope you have a good one next week and that the weather is decent:)

Must dash as I am defrosting the fridge freezer in the kitchen and I can hear some more ice dropping into the bowl.The fridge is all nice and clean,just trying to help the ice along now:D

4. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone, :)

Its going to be another nice day here, and no rain in the forecast. ;)

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Cold again this morning but at least the sun is trying to come up.We still have that horriblew wind that seems to have been here with us for a week now.I don't know whether it is the tail end of that hurricane still or something else but it feels like winter here at the moment brrrrr:D

Anyway as usual I have loads to do so hope you all have a great day:luv:

6. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,502
    Good morning everyone,

It is a nice sunny day with just a light breeze but must be a bit nippy out there as our heating has come on. We never turn our heating off but have the thermostat set for it to come on when it gets cold indoors - as recommended for wrinklies to avoid hypothermia :old: :hehe: :hehe: :D

Lots of rushing around and things to do today, so I hope you enjoy your day. :)

Have a great weekend :D

7. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Morning friends :luv:

Glad everyone is well (wrinklies and all...oh I think I'm a wrinklie! :hehe:)

The awful wind seems to have gone and we have sunshine :gnthb:

OH is on a job to Wembley so I have the day to myself and like Shiney have tons to catch up on. I bought some bulbs and pansies so I need to sort the pots and baskets as the bedding plants die off.

Have a great day everyone.

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, shiney, jazmine and everyone.
    its sunny here this morning but feels quite cold and still a bit windy as us wrinklies say hehe ive had my heating on to keep me warm.
    got loads to do myself so enjoy your day all

9. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Good morning ,Kandy,Rosa.Jasmine and Shiney,and all my other friends,its sunny and warm here ,everyone have a lovely day and please take care.:)

10. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    [align=center][align=left]James Grieve
    [/align]
    :)[/align]
    [​IMG]

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good afternoon to everyone I haven't spoken to today as you were all still in bed when I was typing:flag::D

Shiney it has been quiet cold this last week and I have had to sit with a warm fleece on as it is too early for heating and I have had to put extra covers on the bed for warmth.Mr K refuses to put the winter quilt on for now:(

Peri,glad you have had a good week,although your weather sounds like it has been better than ours.We still have the wind here although the sun is shining,I do ike my sun but not when it is red hot.:D Glad that your oh has seent he light with flying rather than by car or bike for that matter.We find it tiring just when we drive up to Scotland on holiday.We were looking at spending a week on Bute next year but there are no decent campsites on there and because of the size of the island Mr K thinks we won't have enough to do for a week.We are defiently thinking of Mull for the Sea Eagles and this time we have the Digi's:D Nice to watch the Sea Otters though:thumb: I miss not having the Loch Garten Ospreys to watch in the nest now although we have them in Google Earth so we can follow them like we did Nethy and Desher last year:thmb:

Mr K still has to install the new water butt.We had to terk around to try and get the connections to fit it on a different drainpipe and everywhere had run out of the bits we needed and then we had all that wind and rain which didn't help:( We are hoarders to some extent and keep having a clear out at times but I tend to hang on to my gardening mags for future reference and never pass on books that we have read and some of the reference ones we keep,well for reference:D

Woo,love your James Grieve apple.You look like you have some tasty fruit there:gnthb: We have a Cox's Orange Pippin,Breaburn,Bramley,Worcester Peirmaine,and either Spartan or Jupiter{can never remember which one}:D

Hope you have a good day:luv:

12. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Thanks for that information Shiney and Mrs Shiney of course.
    The strangest thing is I have had a yearning for apple juice in the past couple of months and it has to be real apple juice not concentrate. Ive been drinking it a couple of times a day, coincidence maybe, but maybe it is the old bod sending messages to the brain. Thankfully I have nt had another attack since but am off to the hospital for an ultra sound scan next wednesday. Thank you again for all your help.:thmb: 02

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning 02 and everyone, were is everyone this morning must be having a sunday morning lie in.
    02 so sorry to hear you are having another attack they reckon them gallstones are horrid i do sympathise with you, hope it gets sorted soon.
    woo lovely pic of your apple tree.
    peri thanks for your concern, i just hate going to doctors and hospitals nothing worse but i guess a lot of us feel like that, will keep of the foods that cause it.
    have a great day all

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning O2 Rosa and everyone,

O2 I do hope that you manage to get something sorted with the Hospital and that you get some relief from it.Rosemary Conley the diet and fitness guru had Gallstones years ago and would have had an op to take the gall bladder away but she found that by going on a low fat diet the condition over the coming months gradually got better and in the end didn't need the op and since then has helped Millions of women lose weight.If you Google her name you should get some info and Mrs Shiney's info will probably work for you as well:gnthb:

Rosa,I have been up since six but have been busy answering emails,feeding the cats and preparing the meat and veggies for the casserole we are having tomorrow in the slow cooker:D

Hope you soon get that Dr's appointment made.We all hate going to see them but you shouldn't have to suffer after all it is a free service:D

Dull out there today with a slight breeze but looking at the telly forecast this morning there is a nice high coming across the atlantic bringing some fine weather but up North it is mixed with strong winds:( That is the end of the weather forecast from Kandyland:hehe:

Hope you all have a great day:)

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,502
    Morning all,

We're almost ready to leave for the Lakes :yho: :yho:

See you all soon. :gnthb:

Have a great day :D