Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Good morning You will have a lot more blonde moments to come :D :D
    Petrol prices going up again this is ridiculous.
    Yes gogs we do get a laugh on here, my hubby said last night i am obssessed by this machine that i am on it from morning till night. :D

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,823
    Kandy
    Men are useful for a few things - can't think what, at the moment. Happy birthday for tomorrow - just in case I don't get a chance tomorrow. Going to be very busy.
    windy
    Sheds have gone. Took four hours to burn them and whilst I was burning them Mrs shiney noticed that next door he had a big pile of garden debris at the bottom of his garden. He is only there at the weekends - his wife died some years ago but he now has a girlfriend and stays with her during the week - so I climbed over into his garden and got all the stuff and burnt it for him. We were going to put the new, metal, shed where the old ones had been (next to the house) but Mrs shiney has decided she wants it turned into a sitting area with decking. The shed will now be near the bottom of the garden but we have had to chop down two pear trees to make room for it. We had the paving slabs delivered yesterday - the shed will be bolted on to them. There were 80 slabs and they could only be delivered to the footpath on the front - the lorry was too big to come in, with a crane on it to drop the pallet on the front. Mrs shiney and I moved them down to where the sheds had been - about 100 feet. We found it hard work. We shall be having some people coming in to lay the slabs and erect the shed - a further 200 feet down the garden (living in the country we have a big garden).
    Enjoy your time off.
    If any of you ever come in this direction let us know by PM and if we are around you can drop in for a break. We're near Stansted Airport and friends quite often drop in if they are flying from there.
    -----------------------
    shiney

3. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow Shiney,
    That sounds like a lot of really hard work you've done. Are you going to post some pictures? It would be good to see the progress you're making. The sitting area should be lovely to enjoy a nice glass of vino in these great evenings. If I'm ever that way I'd gladly take you up on your offer, I'd love to see your triffids in the flesh [​IMG]

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    shame your neighbour has a girlfriend shiney i was thinking potential toy boy for kandyfloss.
    Iff i ever come your way im coming to raid your veg patch :D as i have friends in essex. Writtle, Chelmsford anywhere close to you.
    My other friend although she lives near me now she is from Harlow, essex [​IMG]

5. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,823
    rosa
    Writtle is 15 minutes away. Harlow is 10 minutes.

windy
    It is likely to take a few months so I will start taking photos but won't post them till until there is more to see.
    ----------------
    shiney

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Shiney ,i know who to put on my visit list when i come to essex especially to raid that lovely veg patch you have going on there :D :D Might get the chance to check out the toy boys for kandy :D :D

7. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Gogs.Yes it is old age when you feel stiff after gardening,mind you I feel like that each morning when I climb out of bed,or should I say fall out.

Another thing with this old age, is my memory keeps failing.I am in the middle of talking to someone and my mind goes blank.I feel such a fool as I have to ask what I was talking about.

I shall have to start doing crosswords as they say if you don't use it you lose it or something to that affect [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    HI ALL i am back ,have to have a quick look on here to see if i've missed anything ,have to think what to make for tea while i browse .

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Everyone.I am trying to prepare French Beans for the freezer and type at the same time.

Bit difficult when wearing latex gloves,and I am not being kinky :D :D :D :D

Kandyfloss

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Rosa.Have you had a good day?
    I am back for a short while until my visitors arrive

Kandy

11. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,497
    Hi, Gogs! Didn't know you had gone away but glad you're back safely! Like you, I'm hmm-haaing over dinner. When it's warm I don't feel 1) like cooking and 2) eating! Should be a guarantee to lose weight but that'a a fine chance. :D

Hi Rosa and Kandyfloss, too. Why would you be wearing latex gloves preparing beans Kfloss? Or is that to aid the typing?

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Rosa.Your husband should be glad you are the computer from morning until night and not on him...Only joking ha ha

Kandy

13. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    HI LOL how are you? still thinking what to make???

14. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,497
    I'm fine over here. We're going to have a "poodles" night we've decided ... I have a jacket potato and t'other half has noodles. We do this at least once a week, have done for years. It's always on a Monday evening but we were out yesterday visiting some friends from the UK who are holidaying here.

You made up your mind yet?

15. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,497
    Actually, Yawn, wakey, wakey is a good place to be just now as t'other half just got up from a kip! :D