Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney,sorry to hear about the kitten and the other cat.When we rescued cats when we lived in our old house some of them didn't get on with each other because they came at different times.

At least the two we have now are brother and sister...more rescue cats,though Willow ambushes Poppy,so she does the same to him.

If we do get another dog they might not except it.They liked Tina because she was there first and they were only tiny kittens when we found them,so were ok about it.

We shall have to see.I left you a post yesterday under sugar daddy about my trip to the hairdressers.

Anyway have a good day in all you do.No gardening at all for any of us today,though it turned out hot yesterday after the fog had cleared

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,423
    Good morning all. It's a fresh, sunny morning here with temp only 18C. It's lovely this time of the year with temps not getting too hot, only 23-24C.

I took a few pics earlier so may post one or two later. I need a Salvia identified.

I agree, Shiney, your friends should have waited until the first cat had settled in before getting the kitten. Our Magic Sam is just this past week tolerating Candi and Cal, and that's after them being with us five weeks! I think he'll be okay with them, marshalls them around the garden and if one cries (which they do when they suddenly find themself alone) he goes right to where they are.

It's also awkward when there is only one kitten as they want to play so much. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your friends that all turns out well.

3. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Good Morning folks ;)
    Sun is out and it's looking good here.

And I have three matching numbers in the Lottery Dream game [​IMG]

4. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Good morning all bit grey & damp here.O/H won �£70 on the lottery the other week.Hope you are all well,going out soon hope this leg doesn't play up.Managed to do a bit in the garden yesterday though.Bye for now. xx

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone dull looking out there this morning, fog horns are going so it must be misty on the coast, looks dry.

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone.Hope you are all well.It is dry here at the moment which makes a nice change.At least we have no fog.
    Taking my car for its service and MOT at 8am so fingers and toes crossed that it passes.

Shiney,forgot to say to you to tell your friends with the kitten,that they will definetly have to keep the kitten away from the cat until it gets bigger,as when I had a baby rabbit as a pet a cat chased it but it got away.I later learned that they will kill anything small.When I look after my friends Guinea Pigs,my cats and the neighbours cat try to get to them in the run.

My camera is a Kodak EasyShare C360 which I had last Christmas.I usually use the auto setting most of the time and the macro setting,but sometimes I would like to be able to get in even closer.

I forgot to ask you,on the postcard from the Lake District you wrote that you were going to the Sun In Bassenthwaite.I am not sure if that was a pub or Restaurant.

Have a good day [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, good luck with your car this morning keep my fingers crossed it passess.
    I never know what setting to have my digital on what is the macro setting dont know what that means.
    have a great day [​IMG]

8. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Morning all,i hate these dark mornings but at least its fair.Good luck with the car Kandy.What you busy with Rosa?

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning gogs, yes it is dark here also, got nothing much planned for today the guys are coming from currys to pick up our old washing machine, maybe go to the shops for potatoes, bread how exciting.you doing anything

10. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Going to help a disabled lady do a few things she can't manage herself.The dogs are to bath too but Charlie makes a right carry on.Saw a 9mth old dog like Rosa at Hexham yesterday he was a babe.

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Rosa hope you are ok and you too Gogs.
    I have quite a few settings on my camera.The macro one is a tulip symbol,then I have a cine camera setting,mountain,action and a head symbol.I haven't read the manual either
    I managed to get rid of my headache yesterday with drinking lots of water and a good bike ride round Harlestone Firs,where I used to play as a kid and where I used to do a lot of horse riding in my younger days.
    Went splat on my bike.I ended up falling flat on my face with my bike falling on top of me,but luckily my chesticles cushioned my fall.I nearly split my differential though I can tell you.Mr Kandy had a good chuckle about that.I hurt my shoulder,and it is still a bit sore now but at least I didn't kill myself..well not this time.

Have a good one... :D

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    kandy tht sounds like a nasty fall off your bike must admit though i did have a little chuckle myself its the way you tell them :D .
    Yes i have the movie on my digi will have to read the manual as there is a load of settings on this, will still use my other one as it takes great pictures it is a nikon lite touch with zoom, thats what took the picture of the owl, the other ones from alnwick will have to wait until i get this scanner sorted.

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Rosa glad it made you smile.I was trying to get off of a metal bridge that i had rode over.Very narrow.Mr Kandy got off his bike as there was a drop of about a foot.Me being me decided to stay on my bike and step down only my legs aren't long enough,so my back wheel was still on the bridge as the front one was in the dip.I went as they say arse over tit,splat I was more concerned about my T. shirt getting dirty.As I stood up a train went past and tooted,but I am not sure if that was at me or because he was going over a crossing.We had followed the bike route and got on to the Brampton Valley Way and was crossing the fields to go back over the railway track.That metal bridge wasn't there 30 years ago...

14. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
  15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Sorry I'll change that.The bridge wasn't there 40 years ago...keep forgetting my age Senility I think or a Senior moment,or a Blonde moment or a Kandyfloss moment...whatever :D :D :D :D