Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    kandy you do make me smile just stick to your normal blonde moments :D :D

gogs you sound as iff your going to have a busy day ahead of you, rosas not bad to bath she doesnt like the hairdryer very much and i have it on a low setting.enjoy

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,758
    Raining this morning but looks as though it is brightening up.

Kandy,
    I had to smile a bit at your cycling incident but am pleased you weren't hurt. The Sun in Bassenthwaite is a pub and has changed hands recently. The food was excellent and the place was busy both times we ate there. The restaurant cleared out mid-evening and then the locals came in for their drinks. The atmosphere was good which was helped by big smiles from the staff and the very friendly personality of the host. (You can tell that I used to write reviews of businesses in the service industries :D :D )
    Will look in Sugar D. about your hair.

Thanks everyone for your comments on our friends cat problems - I'll pass them on.

I've just harvested the last of our Butternut Squash and posted about it under 'Edible'.

Have a good day, everyone. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    --------------
    shiney

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney,glad I brought a [​IMG] to your face,I bet the old brain cells were working overtime.
    The bit about my hair is on this thread a few pages back.There are so many threads I get confused which one I post things on... though my hair has now calmed down since I washed it last night.I tried to take a self portrait photo with my Digi,but it looks more grey than Blonde so It won't be coming on here.Funny how in real life my hair looks more fair,but on camera looks more grey...

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,758
    Kandy I'll try and look back to your hair posting. The photo may be making your hair look more grey because of light reflection from the flash on the camera. Try taking a photo outside but not in bright sunshine.

Off to a meeting now but I'll be back.
    ---------------
    shiney

5. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,423
    Morning all! Sun keeps popping in and out of puffy white clouds and there's a little breeze, very pleasant!

All is quiet except for the neighbour's cement mixer. He's a stone mason by trade but spends all his time working on his own house, well, there's two of them. He knocks things down then puts things up constantly. House is fantastic.

Have to go in search of a water filter today. Went out yesterday and two DIY's didn't have what we need and the third new one, Leroy Merlin, was closed. Maybe it's a French thing, closed on a Sunday!

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney what do you mean I wasn't hurt?My shoulder got hurt as did my chesticles and my differential nearly got split in half,and my pride to go with it,and then you all had a good :D :D :D :D and you say I wasn't hurt [​IMG] [​IMG]

I think I need a bit of TLC after that,or perhaps a nice bar of chocky [​IMG] then perhaps I won't go all [​IMG]

7. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Morning everyone....no rain here today.....i am sooo happy!!!
    How are you all?
    I am in and out today, so in case i dont respond right away, i will check bacl later. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Good afternoon Penny ;) Nice weather with me too!

9. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good to hear it, it seems like here, everything we do we have to dodge the rain drops, so no rain so far, its cool and crisp out but i'll take that over rain anyday!!!
    It seems like its been one storm after another here!

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good afternoon all quite a miserable day here its rained most of it, getting a little colder, just been buying some plants for my baskets been planting them on my balcony.

11. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,423
    Hi, Rosa, missed you earlier. What did you buy? We went out earlier and I got a Curcuma, a member of the ginger family ... had never heard of it before today. I've put a piccie up in the Other Plants sections asking for care advice.

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    LoL hi just put my pics in the container gardening section, winter baskets got a wintergreen gaultheria and a Dipladenia trailer for patio or balcony, do hope it will be ok bought them in morrisons, going to have a trip to a garden centre to see if i can get a winter trailing plants for my baskets just to fill them up a little, will take a look at yours.

13. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Been nice here, quite warm.Hi LofL & Penny how are you today? Can any of you tell me where to find Dag's gallery? Want to have another peek at his work.

14. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,423
    I like the gautheria, very pretty. Hope you have more luck with your Dipladena (also called a Mandevilla) than mine here. I've got the red one with the yellow throat but it's done nothing this year at all! Have now moved it, split it as it had two separate stems, to the pots in the Sandbar under the cane roof. I'll go have a look at the pics.

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    lol just went out and one of the flowers fell off my dipladenia hope that is not bad news, no i didnt split them and i have planted it now.