Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Thought i'd reply on here LofL,Both legs have been aching today it's a funny feeling at times.not much sympathy here,but there again i would just feel sorry for myself i suppose.I am used to fleeing about,Doc said 1)lose weight.2)wear good shoes.3)don't walk too far on hard ground.Thats about it!!

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,423
    Maybe you need to move to a warmer, drier climate, you poor soul, and relax a bit! [​IMG]

1) a lot of us need to do that 2)I wear toe posts all the time 3) I don't walk enough but we have bought mountain bikes (not bad at age 58).

Take a nice hot soak in a herbal oil, I say ... and maybe take a glass of whatever your tipple is with you! Take care. [​IMG]

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Gogs.Is your doctor a man.They just don't seem to understand us women.It is no good them keep saying to you to lose weight.If you are the wrong side of fifty that will be very difficult unless you take up running.
    I developed PCOS in my twenties which unfortunatly causes a lot of weight gain as well as infertility,and now I am menopausal.
    If I say anything to mine about my weight he just says with BP at 138/70 and 4.9 cholestrol,then not to worry because he says I do a lot of exercise,so am quite fit for my age,but it still doesn't help with the Arthritis I suffer from.Like I say they don't seem to want to know

4. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    I have put quite a lot of weight on.That i could do with losing,but it's easier said than done.Yes doc. is a man Kandy.

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    gogs, just to let you know dag has taken his pics off for a while, when he decides were to put them he will be putting them back on.
    I also have to get mine sorted eventually with just having 1 at present, got to go through my pics as i have mislaid a lot of mine over the years.

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Sorry Gogs.The boss {Mr Kandy}wanted me to go on a bike ride with him,then we got talking to a lady who lost her dog in January to illness and by then it was getting quite dark so have only just got back on here.

Are you interested in walking when you are painfree?Walking any where where there is grass would help take the stress off of the joints.I have quite a few foot problems and the chap who comes to our village surgery told me to cut down on the walking,which I did and ended up putting on a stone in weight since I gave up going to the gym when I broke my toe.This is another reason for getting the folding bike as I couldn't get my mountain bike in and out of my KA.
    Do you like swimming,or are you any good on a bike? as all this sort of exercise is good for losing weight and giving your feet a rest from hard path walking

7. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
  8. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    I do like walking Kandy but i just realised that i haven't been going as far these last few months,i'm always on the go but not getting the exercise i need.Hubby has been telling me to get a bike,he has just been getting one.I do think that the excess weight i have put on this last year is a big part of the problem

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi penny hows things in ontario, havnt spoke in a couple of days, have you taken your pics yet to put on gc.

10. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    I try to watch what i eat, being as short as i am, i try to be careful, but i did notice results when i cut out bread, i dont eat toast and if i have a hamburger, i take the top bun off and only have the bottom. I also cut way back on my suagr as well..the did a study over here that if you drink 3 cans of coke or pepsi a day for 1 year....you will have gained 28 pounds minimum....i nearly fell off my chair when i heard that one!

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Thats right Gogs but it is a vicous circle.I found out from the news this year that GP's get extra money for monitering that patients are overweight,so they don't want the patients to get thin or else they will lose money.The funny thing is all the men GP's at the surgery have their own weight problems.
    My problem is an inability to control blood sugar levels,as everything contains sugar apart from vegetables which contain natural sugars.
    I have had all the tests done for Diabeties,but have been told that everything is fine,but I know that I am at risk from developing the condition through my health problems and because it is in the family.

12. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Going now will say goodnight & speak in the morning

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Penny.Even the diet coke drinks have their own health problems for us as they contain Aspartame which is bad for us.A doctor on the TV this morning says that the key to weight loss as well as exercise is to eat Protein with each meal and to eat at least three meals a day which contains it.I drink lots of water a day,only one mug of tea per day,cannot stand coffee,so no problem there.
    I don't know how Rosa can drink like a fish and not put on an ounce

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Nite nite Gogs see you tomorrow.I won't be far behind you

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good night gogs take care will speak tommorow