Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    rosa,We put Worcestershire sauce in our shepherds pies [​IMG]

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Yes that is right Rosa that is why my shoulder and pride hurts and not forgetting my differential

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,758
    Morning everyone, nice and sunny today after heavy rain all day yesterday.

You all sound rather poorly this morning so I wish you all better. Keep wrapped up and pamper yourselves.

Kandy, sorry if I offended you the other day by saying you didn't get hurt but I was giggling too much with the way you wrote about your fall. I hope your bruises and aches get better very quickly. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Maybe Mrs shiney and I are old fashioned but we still give hugs and kisses frequently.

I'm pleased to see that you are all putting the world to rights. That means I don't have to worry about things. :D :D
    -----------------
    shiney

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks pal i might put worcestershire sauce in mine have some, yum yum [​IMG]

kandy did you knack the bike up as well as your self :D

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney, wasnt it funny the way kandy explained the way she came of the bike as i was in stitches myself.
    we seem to all have colds this week nothing worse.
    are you doing anything exciting today and how are those triffids behaving them selves :D :D

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Thats ok Shiney your forgiven. :D :love:I was just winding you up,Psychology and all that,something to do with doxies I think
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Yes we too are old fashioned,and give each other hugs and kisses,so you are not the only ones and we still hold hands and put our arms round each other.Tina used to get right jealous when we used to be kissing,she would come inbetween us,it was sooo funny [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    W.sauce does help the flavour i agree Nick.No worries Shiney we'll soon get this world put to rights.The last time i rode a bike it was down a bumpy forest track by the time i got to the bottom i had enough & chucked the bike in the gutter.Better go & do a few jobs see you later

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney,people are always saying I should be on the stage...sweeping it I think.I am a "Chaplin" after all, but haven't got a bamboo walking stick or bowler hat but I do have the same walk and am the same height

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Gogs :D :D :D :D

Rosa.The chain came off and the saddle was loose,and the saddle and handle bars were muddy.

I have been told by my O/H to tell you all the other bit of the saga.
    When we got up to the crossing there was a gate that appeared chained up.Mr Kandy lifted the bikes over,the big gate while I was trying to figure how we were going to get through the footpath gate.I needn't have worried though, because Mr Kandy just put his hand on the small gate and it opened. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Talk about feeling a twit.He was howling with laughter.I thought both parts of the gates were chained together to stop people walking onto the lines.
    They weren't like that 40 ears ago :D :D

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    kandy :D :D :D :D
    i can just imajine you and mr kandy doubled up in stitches did you notice any one around.
    must go and start my shepherds pie will take a pic when done the other halfs not keen so i will do him half the mixture with potatoes and do me the other half a smaller pie for myself. yum yummy yum yum

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,758
    The triffids are no more, they are ex-triffids [​IMG] . I put a picture of my final crop on 'Edible - Butternut Squash'. The leaves were dying and I didn't think any of the tiny squash would be able to grow big enough so I have cleared that area. It took about two hours to remove them and clean up.

I'm so pleased I can relax and leave the world in all your capable hands. [​IMG]

when I was a kid my mother wouldn't let me have a bike because my father used to race motorbikes and she didn't want me to get the bug. The first time I ever got on a bike was when we were on holiday in Majorca 35 years ago and Mrs shiney and our friends wanted to hire bikes and ride around the countryside. I wasn't keen but they said they would teach me. My friend gave me about five minutes of lessons and then said I could ride and gave me a little push - down a steep hill!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I managed to stay on the bike so we rode about six miles into the nearest village. I found that I couldn't take right-hand bends and had to get off the bike each time. We had a good day but I had blisters on my hands from gripping the handlebars so tight. I've never been on a bike since.
    ------------------
    shiney

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    I did tell you a train tooted when it went past but I didn't look I was standing up by then,and we were sorting out the bike.
    I put tomato ketchup in mine as I don't like the other sauce.I also add onions,mushrooms and some baked beans

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney :D :D :D :DHave you got any photos of you when you were young?We want to see the heart throb you were then [​IMG] [​IMG] not that your not one now. You have cheered me up no end with that story,I could do with a few more like that.I can just imagine you getting off and walking round the corners.
    I think you would be good on a Tricycle :D :D

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,758
    My day won't be very exciting today. I have to read through a 20 page lease for this set of 23 offices that we are trying to take over and rent out cheaply for people setting up in new businesses. I've been working on it for about five months now. This is a non-profit making venture that is there to help people but the legal and bureaucratic hoops that we have had to jump through are getting tiring. With a bit of luck it will be settled by the weekend.
    Then I am off shopping, going to do a bit of gardening and then playing bridge.

See you all later.
    ----------------
    shiney

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,758
    Kandy,
    I could try a zimmer frame. :D :D :D
    ----------------
    shiney