Yawn Yawn Wakey Wakey 2024

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Jan 1, 2024.

1. AuntyRach

AuntyRach Keen Gardener

Ratings:
    +3,156
    Good morning folks. It’s clear and sunny which is a cheery sight so the chilly air is forgiven.

@Jenny_Aster I hope hubby’s treatment goes well. It must be hard for both of you, so enjoy your well deserved day off hospital stuff.

It sounds like most of you have things to do today so have a cracking day all.

:hapflower:

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Anna42

Anna42 Gardener

Ratings:
      +182
      Good morning everyone. We had our first sunny day yesterday, not that warm though. More sun here today as well but must have been very cold overnight as the glass of water left beside my laptop yesterday evening, was colder than the milk from the fridge when I took a sip.

Our wonderful builder friend turned up for work here this morning, the first time he has come for three years (covid and then his own busy work). He will be here for the summer months twice a week so hopefully we will get some finishing touches/general tidying up done to our little barn and outside areas. He and daughter have already set off across the fields with a trailer load of hay for the ponies plus a load of fencing gear to do a few well needed repairs. So glad daughter has at long last got the help she needs now that I am so useless, she really needs and deserves it.

• Like Like x 6
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Ergates

Ergates Super Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +1,193
        A lovely sunny morning here, but flipping cold! Decided to dig out a vest, and pleased I did! @Jenny_Aster, I know two people with lymphoma/ leukaemia, ( the type you die with, rather than from) and both have benefitted greatly from chemo and other treatments, hope your husband will also feel like he has a new lease of life with his symptoms reduced.
        As usual, I have succumbed to the lack of urgency resulting from two whole weeks to fill the green waste bins, and didn’t set foot in the garden yesterday! It was very cold and windy, despite the sunshine, but I know from experience that I’ll end up in a last minute panic with one day to go before the next collection!
        I wish I had the discipline and motivation to be doing ‘proper’ gardening, starting off seeds and the like. I suppose I should perhaps describe my gardening style as ‘estate management’! I cant really indulge in buying plants from the garden centre, as we inherited such a well stocked garden that it is a struggle to find spaces to plant anything new. There is also so much shade that it rules out many of the plants and shrubs that I’d love to have, but that wouldn’t thrive without a lot more sun than I can offer them.

• Like Like x 6
        • Punkdoc

Punkdoc Super Gardener

Ratings:
          +1,994
          Hi all
          Cold and sunny, today is the day when I start planting out stuff that is in the g/h so that I can start moving stuff from the window sills, which of course means that I can sow some more seed and start the process again.

• Like Like x 6
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • lizzie27

lizzie27 Super Gardener

Retired
            Ratings:
            +1,399
            Morning everybody. Pleased to say that my elder brother is recovering from his accident, a bit battered and bruised of course but nothing more serious thank goodness.
            Thank you @Dovefromabove, @Topbird, and @AuntyRach for your photo suggestions. I managed to arrange them on a A4 size card in a collage, scanned them into the desktop then printed out two copies to take with us next week. Some of my late brother's baby photos are tiny black and white ones (1950's style) and therefore a bit fragile. Lovely memories.

@Jenny_Aster, not a pleasant experience for either of you, do hope your husband benefits from the new meds and that you have an enjoyable day today.

We like that area near Stamford @Dovefromabove, keep meaning to have a few days up there again. We've been a couple of times to Burghley House with car rallies but never been around the house.

Good news about the builder friend @Anna42, hope you get all or most of the outstanding work done. You mustn't regard yourself as useless, I am sure you do as much as you can and hopefully will get better given time.

We've also had good news this morning, OH's 2nd hip operation has been scheduled for late June and my delayed hearing test appointment has just come through for early May, much earlier than I had expected.

• Like Like x 8
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • AuntyRach

AuntyRach Keen Gardener

Ratings:
              +3,156
              So pleased you have made the photo collage @lizzie27 - I hope the memories can go some way to soothing the pain of loss.

I’m just inspecting all my lovely Acers now they are leafing-up. 3 planted (one is a massive tree) and 5 potted. I did see they had some in the SM yesterday… maybe I can home one more…

• Like Like x 4
              • Blue arbour

Blue arbour Super Gardener

Retired and loving it
                Ratings:
                +975
                Good afternoon.

It has turned very wet, cold and miserable after a bright morning. I didn’t get into the garden today as I’ve been busy doing other things. My Pilates zoom class this morning and then, as the downstairs rooms needed a lot of attention rather than a quick going over, did them after. It’s made me realise that the kitchen area needs freshening up, so will see if I can find a decorator to come and do it - the high ceilings in the extension are too high for us these days. It all needs painting, no wallpapering thank goodness. I think it will take longer to clear the rooms than actually paint them.

I hope the treatment your OH has tomorrow @Jenny_Aster will help him. The itching side effect he suffers sounds awful.

I’m glad you managed to sort out the photos @lizzie27 and that the memories they hold will bring you all some comfort.

I love acers @AuntyRach. I have 2 in pots. I had a third one in a pot but it sent roots down through the base of the pot into the ground, and as it was, sadly, too close to the house, it had to go. I’ve replaced that one with a standard rose in a pot, raised up on wheels so the roots don’t investigate the ground, but I wouldn’t mind another acer in a pot one day, if I can find space for it.

Enjoy the evening.

• Like Like x 4
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • AuntyRach

AuntyRach Keen Gardener

Ratings:
                  +3,156
                  One of my Acers in a pot has found the ground too @Blue arbour. I went to move it last year and there was a massive root. The tree flops over my water butts, which looks pretty but is realistically in the way. Shame as it’s my favourite one (SM cheapy over ten years ago so no name unfortunately). Is it correct that if it sends a big tap root down then moving it will cull it?? I haven’t risked it.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Ladybird4

Ladybird4 I'm a gardener. What's your super-power?

Retired Teacher
                    Ratings:
                    +5,923
                    No, never and not ever @Anna42. You just have to say that your life skills have taken you down a different route, thus allowing the next generation to develop theirs! :)

• Like Like x 3
                    • Friendly Friendly x 3
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                      Ratings:
                      +5,923
                      @AuntyRach, I have three acers in pots in my front garden. One is a very pretty golden leaved one - about 30+ years old and the other two are trees I have have grown from seeds from my Acer Osakazuki in the back garden. They will be about 20+ years old now. I haven't dare investigate whether the oldest of the three has rooted in the ground!

• Like Like x 3
                      • Friendly Friendly x 2
                      • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                        Ratings:
                        +5,923
                        Catch you all tomorrow!
                        upload_2024-4-18_20-30-43.jpeg

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                        • Blue arbour

Blue arbour Super Gardener

Retired and loving it
                          Ratings:
                          +975
                          It should be ok, @AuntyRach. The tree I’m talking about did it once before, and we repotted it into a bigger pot, placed it on a slab and assumed that would do the job. Of course, it didn’t, and it still managed to root itself again. I perhaps could have saved it, but decided to try something different in its place (the standard rose).

• Like Like x 4
                          • Informative Informative x 1
                          • Friendly Friendly x 1
                          • AuntyRach

AuntyRach Keen Gardener

Ratings:
                            +3,156
                            Thanks @Blue arbour - I may need to move it at some point, but I’ll leave it for now.

Have a pleasant evening and a restful night all.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
                            • Like Like x 2
                            • Dovefromabove

Dovefromabove Head Gardener

Ratings:
                              +2,583
                              Night night folks … hope we all sleep tight :snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze:

• Friendly Friendly x 4
                              • Like Like x 2
                              • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                                Ratings:
                                +5,923
                                upload_2024-4-19_6-27-6.gif
                                Hello everyone. Spoiler alert - its raining! Grrrr.

• Like Like x 2
                                • Friendly Friendly x 2