Yawn Yawn Wakey Wakey 2024

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Busy-Lizzie

Busy-Lizzie Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +3,123
    Morning all.

I thought about you a lot last year @Dovefromabove and the dreadful time you and Rob were going through. I'm glad he's made so much progress and your life is getting back on an even keel.

It didn't rain in the night but it's raining a little now. The storms in the north of France have been pretty bad.

I'm going to the hairdresser this morning. This afternoon we are thinking of going to Peter Beales. The solanum has died, bits kept dying last year and now it's all rotten. It may be old, the root was fat and knobbly. Also a gaura has died, leaving a gap. I want to find an alstroemeria "Indian Summer". I already have one here and it's gorgeous.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Dovefromabove

Dovefromabove Head Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,583
      I know you did @Busy-Lizzie :imphrt: … the love and amazing generosity of my forum friends (known and unknown) was palpable and will never be forgotten.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Ergates

Ergates Super Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +1,192
        Good morning all. Dry and fairly bright here. We had our green bins emptied this week, but will miss the next one as we will be away. The quandary is what to put in them this week, with the risk of everything sitting in there fermenting for up to a month. Looks like we will be having a no mow May by default!

• Like Like x 2
        • Anna42

Anna42 Gardener

Ratings:
          +182
          Good morning friends. Been absent for a few days due to laptop having a hissy fit - I dont have mobile internet connection - but all sorted now.
          Belated congratulations to @Punkdoc and Moira, glad you enjoyed your celebratory couple of days.
          Welcome home @Buzy-Lizzie hope you get the heating sorted quickly. And welcome too to @Allotment Boy good to see you back in the fold.
          I missed the actual day for our exciting news - G/daughter safely gave birth to her son in the early hours of Tuesday morning, and had the natural birth she so wanted. She is full of praise for her midwifery team for their friendly help, their understanding, their skill and their dedication, not just immediately prior and during the birth but also over the past 8 months to enable this new little one arrive safely at the end of his well monitored journey into this world.
          Daughter dashed back to Sussex last Sunday to help with general family things and with excited older brother (aged 6) and will be back home here late tonight armed (I hope) with lots of pictures of my new G/grandson for me to oogle over.

As usual, chilly and drizzly here but hoping for some sun over the weekend. Best wishes to you all.

• Like Like x 9
          • Bluejayway

Bluejayway Plantaholic

Retired
            Ratings:
            +1,457
            Many congrats to you and your family @Anna42 :dancy:

• Agree Agree x 2
            • Punkdoc

Punkdoc Super Gardener

Ratings:
              +1,994
              Brilliant news, @Anna42, you here so many terrible stories about midwifery care, so it is lovely to hear something different.

• Agree Agree x 2
              • Debs64

Debs64 Gardener

Ratings:
                +311
                I think midwives are amazing. They are probably the only medical people I would trust completely. Such good news about the little one hope he and mom continue to thrive.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                • pattie

pattie Gardener

retired
                  Ratings:
                  +876
                  Good morning all. It's a dull day today, but it is meant to be sunnier over the weekend. It's been wonderful to chat with folk around me who are so cheered by sunshine after the horrible weather we've endured over the last eighteen months. Plus, we need to top up our Vit D, don't we?
                  Hello to @Allotment Boy, congrats to @Anna42 and the midwifery team on the safe arrival of baby and happy shopping, @Busy-Lizzie!
                  I direct sowed some poppy seeds and cosmos earlier this morning to cheer up (I hope) my borders which need a bit more colour and of course to further encourage the bees and other insects.
                  Have a lovely day, everyone.

• Like Like x 3
                  • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
                    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
                    Ratings:
                    +11,493
                    Friday (not Thursday--blame retirement ---LOL ) morning to you all. its a lovely 72 degrees here now at 8:45 AM.

Not sure what the back story is regarding the "mid-wife" conversation, but my grandmother birthed 12 babies using them, guess that was in the years of 1915 etc. Lots of Amish live about me, I know that is all they use. Every now and then I run across a person (not Amish, who has arranged for a Mid-wife)

Suppose to rain for a few days this week, have some outside painting to continue on the deck. Maybe some garden tasks. But during the rain will be back to trip planning. And now have two more places we will be heading, have to plan those.
                    As proactive to trip planning, sometime I run across one of those tourist things from different companies who have their "planned" list, lets me see what "they" think is special.
                    Well onward . Take care all.

• Like Like x 1
                    • Informative Informative x 1
                    • Friendly Friendly x 1
                      Last edited: May 3, 2024
                    • Bluejayway

Bluejayway Plantaholic

Retired
                      Ratings:
                      +1,457
                      Glad you mentioned cosmos seeds @pattie , I’d forgotten mine! Just sown them :roflol:

• Like Like x 2
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Friendly Friendly x 1
                      • lizzie27

lizzie27 Super Gardener

Retired
                        Ratings:
                        +1,398
                        Afternoon all, I'm sitting here with a jumper and fleece plus two pairs of socks on so you can guess it's not very warm down here! Was raining this morning as well as to make me a bit more miserable. Hopefully it looks to be brightening up right now so maybe I can stroll around the garden and make plans if nothing else.
                        Congrats to @Anna42, hope baby and mother continue to do well.
                        So glad your life is returning to normal @Dovefromabove enjoy!
                        @redstar, this baby apparently had a very pecarious start to life and has been closely monitored throughout the mother's pregnancy so it's very good news that he's made it. We have midwife units in the hospitals in the UK as well as community ones who usually deal with home births.
                        Complicated births are usually in hospital. My mother had all four of us at home in the 1940's with a neighbour helping, not sure if she had a midwife there as well. It was the norm back then.

Welcome @Allotment Boy, good to 'see' you again.

Enjoy your trip to Beales @Busy-Lizzie.

• Like Like x 4
                        • Topbird

Topbird Gardener

Ratings:
                          +469
                          Afternoon all. A scratchy throat last night and feeling 'not quite right' has developed into a full blown cold. It was lovingly shared from my generous OH who has been coughing and spluttering for the last couple of days. Feeling a bit rough and I've cancelled going to see my friend for tea this afternoon - I don't feel up to it and she doesn't need my germs.

Did go to SM this morning. Car thermometer said 11C and, in heavy rain, it actually felt even colder than that. Have a few more small jobs to do for going away but then I'm going to light the fire and feel sorry for myself on the sofa. At least all the major pre-holiday garden tasks were ticked off yesterday.

Dove - it's good to hear things are slowly getting back to normal for you and the family. It's been a tough year.

Wondering if BL did get to Peter Beales today. It was only light rain here (about 30 miles from PB's) earlier this morning but it's become much wetter and colder as the day has progressed. OH was scheduled to do some flying training this afternoon but that was cancelled hours ago due to the weather. Think he's quite pleased to stay in the warm instead of being tossed around the skies by students!

• Like Like x 2
                          • Blue arbour

Blue arbour Super Gardener

Retired and loving it
                            Ratings:
                            +975
                            Good afternoon,

It started out fine but the rain has arrived now, starting at about 1pm. I’d just left the hairdressers as it was staring to spit with rain, but made it home before it became a problem. (I usually walk to the hairdresser as the shop is just a 10 minute stroll from home). I could have driven there, but I really do like to try and get some exercise when I can.

Such a contrast to yesterday, which was a beautiful spring day. We certainly chose the best day to visit York.

So much for my plan to do a bit more gardening this afternoon - this rain looks set for the rest of the afternoon. Instead, I’ll do some Pilates.

Congratulations @Anna42. It’s always lovely to hear about new arrivals :).

• Like Like x 3
                            • Ergates

Ergates Super Gardener

Retired
                              Ratings:
                              +1,192
                              Wonderful news,@Anna42. Been checking in hoping to hear that all had gone well. The mix of joy and relief must be making you quite lightheaded!
                              Managed two walks this morning, and feel so much better for the fresh air and exercise. Had to go to the RSPB shop to restock on bird food, can’t keep up with the little blighters. There is a lovely walk round the field adjoining the farm shop there, so we took a stroll round afterwards, beautiful views of the Exe estuary from the top of the hill.

I also managed to collect a parcel after a lot of hassle. I’d ordered two items, and was disheartened to see that one was being delivered by Evri, after some bad experiences with Hermes leaving one parcel in the flower bed, and on another occasion, almost breaking our post box by trying to stuff an over large parcel into it. However, Evri came up trumps, parcel arrived on the day it was supposed to, and within the hour they specified.

The other parcel has required me to stay home for an afternoon, and it didn’t arrive. I decided to divert it to the local depot to save waiting in again, and set off on the day chosen, only to find the parcel hadn’t arrived “probably still in Leicester”?. They did ring me the next morning at 8 am to advise me that the parcel was there, and I made them promise to hold onto it for an extra day to collect it. Very relieved to bring it home today, given how long I had to wait in the office for them to locate it, I was expecting the worst!
                              Weather has actually been very pleasant here, although not sunny. The garden is looking pretty good, especially where OH has cut the ‘lawn’, and I went along the side with the edging shears. More azaleas coming into flower, I’d better get some pictures for the ‘What’s looking good in May thread’!

• Like Like x 4
                              • Allotment Boy

Allotment Boy Lifelong Allotmenteer

Retired Medical Lab Scientist
                                Ratings:
                                +354

Ooh thank you so much. Sorry for my slow response still getting up to speed on here.

• Friendly Friendly x 5