Yawn Yawn Wakey Wakey 2024

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,185
    V Day.jpg

Oops, a bit big, but n'er mind.

Nothing going on here to speak of. J was going to have new tyres on his car yesterday but didn't and doesn't seem like he';; go today, maybe tomorrow. Has IPO/MoT next week and needs it done before them.

Enjoy the film Upsy ... I';; leave out the shopping! :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Living in hope of world wide peace.
      Ratings:
      +54,381
      Morning Vicky.... Wish I could leave out the shopping too...a bit of a spoiler!:heehee:

I wouldn't be that mean ...I would feel a tad guilty having lunch and then heading off the Cinema knowing I'd left him wandering the supermarket aisles on his lonesome.:sad:

He's been well prepped in advance as I been seranading him with Bob Marley songs for the last week... couldn't quite work out his facial expressions:scratch:...pain or pure wonderment at my abilities . :dunno:

Enjoy your day are you having a romantic dinner?:wub2:

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +54,381
        Phew...just had a narrow escape :phew::thud: A friend has phoned with the suggestion of me going with her and her children to a Bowling Alley for a game today......it's the school holidays!!!!:yikes:

• Funny Funny x 2
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Victoria

Lady of Leisure
          Ratings:
          +55,185
          :yikes: :phew: :runforhills:
          Lucky you that you already had plans. Keep a low cover for tomorrow and Friday.

No romantic meal here. It will be something out of the freezer and chips I guess. I did get a nice 123 card from J and the furries. :imphrt:xx

• Agree Agree x 1
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
            Ratings:
            +31,328
            Good day
            It is 16f -8c and the guessers say snow is coming later.

@Upsydaisy I'm sure the cinema will be much more fun than bowling!

I've just potted some petunia sprouts and am looking forward to more soil block making and sowing. My cleome which is now on damp soil doesn't come out of the fridge until Friday. Then :fingers crossed:

Oh, I just realized that I forgot to post a pic of my tailor's hams. They're not packed as tight as the store bought ones but they will work just fine for what I need.
            20240214_071959.jpg
            It was leftover fabric hence the kitchen theme.

Cheers:coffee:

• Creative Creative x 2
            • Like Like x 1
            • Victoria

Lady of Leisure
              Ratings:
              +55,185
              It is cute. I like the mushroom print.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
              • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
                Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
                Ratings:
                +11,493
                Wednesday , 28 degrees here. I was up early, 6AM. watching the birds fluttering about at the feeders, have a bird book to look up names ect. Now its 8AM ruffly.

Planning to also grocery shop today. In the 38 years of grocery shopping I think husband has gone maybe twice with me. I see couples shop together, I find it interesting when the wife shows the husband the product before she puts it in the cart, what is that all about, "getting approval". And sometime with older "retired" couples, you can sense that the wife really does not want "him" with her, from the look on her face. As I am in Amish land, I find lots of them shopping along side me, one major thing is the awesome behavior of their children, so well behaved, quiet, and willing to sit still, or walk gently with the parent as they shop, unlike non-Amish who act out etc. Can't understand why parents who bring kids to food stores who know they will act out, don't just put a toy in their had, but think its OK, to yell at them reaching for items on the shelf. All, in all I love food shopping on my own. Today's place does senior discounts and bag discounts, I get 5% off my entire order as a senior citizen, and 5 cents off all my bags I bring.

My good neighbor plowed out our long driveway from the snow yesterday.

We finally posted on Facebook Market place, all the corvette parts for sale, getting some calls ect. 3 pages of parts. we shall see. Someone is coming by next week to look at them. Part of the getting rid of stuff around the house goal.

Have a good day all.

• Like Like x 1
                • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Ratings:
                  +54,381
                  I've just got home and the film met all my expectations ..it was as brilliant as I had hoped it would be.:yes:
                  I could happily watch it all again tomorrow!!

It seemed to stick to how his life played out with great accuracy..thanks to the hands on involvement of some of his close family in the making of it. The cinema was packed out too, which is very rare for an afternoon showing.

redstar hubs and I have always done the shopping together, unless of course one of us has been unwell. Even when the children arrived they came along too and helped out . The key thing is for children to be taught how to behave and to be actively included in the experience and not just left tagging along in complete boredom.
                  As a child my 3 siblings and I also accompanied our parents who also did the shopping together. I can remember we always ended the shopping trip with a visit to Woolworths for each of us to bought a small paper cone of warm freshly roasted peanuts. Happy days.:)

• Like Like x 2
                    Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
                  • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Ratings:
                    +54,381
                    OIP (4) (3).jpg

We have a surprisingly good (ish) looking day ahead which seemed to
                    suddenly appear from nowhere!!
                    We're going to take full advantage of it and go into Winchester for a browse round the farmers Market and to get some lunch.

That's all we plan on doing today.

Have a great day yourselves too.

:spinning:

• Like Like x 2
                    • Victoria

Lady of Leisure
                      Ratings:
                      +55,185
                      Bom Fia Sybrise.jpeg
                      Morning Upsy and all who follow.

We had a brief shower at Midnight and are threatened with a thunderstorm and showers this morning ... but maybe they mean somewhere else.

J hasn't spoken yet so I don't know if he is doing anything. After yesterday's Iceland chicken fingers and left over jacket potato, I would like to make a sausage and onion or corned beef and onion pie today.

Lori, I had an interesting dream last night. I was given three projects ... 1)Resolve a cooking disaster ... easy as I was a good cook (wrote two books, Fowl Play in Victoria's Kitchen, chicken recipes from around the world, and A Sticky End n Victoria's Kitchen, mainly cheesecake recipes from around the world.) 2) Re-Design something??? ... easy as I took Architectural Design and designed our kitchen here from a trapazoidal rectangular room to its now beautiful space and one large bathroom into two. and 3) solve a cold-case murder ... which I was working on when I heard The Squeak at 6am and woke.
                      :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
                      • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
                        Ratings:
                        +31,328
                        Good day
                        It is from 16f -8c to 24f -4c and the clouds and sun are giving a variety of lighting.

I've been up and running since my feet hit the floor this morning. I was getting laundry done before 7 and potting up some begonia sprouts, then bringing up more pots filled with soil for my Shineybrid seedlings come spring. Then hauling, down to the cellar, my second last 60 liter bag of potting soil to get ready to mix more soil blocks next month. I think next year I'll have to get more than 8 of those bags if I'm going to make it to the following spring!

Then dumping out the ice from the bird bowl, refilling it and replenishing the feeder with lots of sunflower seeds. The guessers are predicting 100% chance of it snowing this afternoon so the little fellows will need help finding food.

Em is off to her last day of school this week as it is a "professional development" day for the teacher. Monday being a holiday for them as well will create a nice long 4 day weekend.

I need to get out and do some shopping and then get petrol before picking up Sam at the train station at 10. And before I go to get her, I also will have bread dough to form to buns for baking after 11. Then we have lunch and I drive her to see her 1/2 sister who is about 35 miles from me. Then turn around, come back and get Em to take her for a blood test. Then back to her school so she can sign out a clarinet for weekend. And while there, pick up her friend as well and drop them off at an ice cream parlour.

I'll be pooped tonight!

Cheers :coffee:

• Like Like x 2
                        • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
                          Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
                          Ratings:
                          +11,493
                          Thursday, 7:50Am. We have a bunch of Starlings that have discovered my bird seeds. And yes all creatures are hungry, especially those that rely on eating bugs. Now that snow on the ground bugs in hiding from the Starlings. Was just outside loading up my Suet and seed containers. So now I am back with my hot coffee to watch them all flutter back.
                          Was at the feed store yesterday decided to compare prices of "scratch seed" that you feed chickens to a bag of "Wild bird seed" the cost factor is equal. Thought I would hit jack pot getting chicken seeds. Anyway, do have a bag of cracked corn, the morning doves like that as they don't cling onto the suet containers, but need ground eating.

The food store I went to yesterday, is having their fish sale today to Saturday, so probably back again to get some fish, maybe making Shrimp scampi, getting some salmon and or whatever I find interesting.

In all the years I held positions of management I learned to keep all instructions as plan and simple as can be to staff-----but it seems that with selling these car parts---people are not reading or something. The instructions ask if your interested in what parts are available send me your email so I can send you the 3 pages of parts. Half the time I get "what parts do you have"? And I have to reply, please send email for the list. Just another experience in human nature I guess.

Have not been to a bowling alley in years. @Upsydaisy , used to go when in high school.

Have a good day all.

• Like Like x 1
                          • Friendly Friendly x 1
                          • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Ratings:
                            +54,381
                            I've never been redstar , never interested me at all.
                            Enjoy your day.

• Victoria

Lady of Leisure
                            Ratings:
                            +55,185
                            I was on two bowling teams in the UK and am not bad if I say so myself. We brought our balls here but they closed the alley in Guia ... and the private Clinic we got to now has it ... a bit strange at the edge of the Food Hall in the shopping center. Our balls, mine blue marble and J's brown/white marble, now have pride positions in the garden.

• Like Like x 1
                            • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Ratings:
                              +54,381
                              55150304b9590d747e3b1f05929908a9.jpg

Hi everyone, how are you all today?:)

Another surprisingly good ( ish) day again today, but not quite as good as yesterday. Everyone was walking around without coats in town it was a really lovely day.

Today we might have to embark on a little adventure :heehee:, but I won't know for sure until I make a phone call in about an hours time.

Story is ...we have been getting thoroughly displeased with our Dental Practice over the last few years and it's only got worse since they amalgamated with 2 other surgeries and moved into a newer and bigger place .
                              All singing and dancing equipment, mostly private treatments but......not many appointments !!:wallbanging:

So after doing a lot of research last night I think I may have found a highly rated practice just outside of Winchester ( in fact not very far from where I use to work) that is currently able to accept new patients :fingers crossed:. So far the only ones that can nearer to us are rubbish ones that all seem to belong a particular company and have received many complaints and grumbles.

So I plan to give this Winchester one call early this morning to see if this information is correct , I hope it is as it was updated at the end of Jan and is on the NHS website so...:fingers crossed::fingers crossed: If it is we will do a dummy run out there to the Practice on the bus and go in and sign up. The bus is about a 10 mins walk away from us and with only a short 0.5 mile walk at the other end....so in theory it sounds perfect.:fingers crossed:

We've been at our current practice for the last 38 years but unfortunately none of the original team are there anymore and it's just not the same now, so it's time to move on....hopefully.:fingers crossed:

Hope to get time out in the garden too at some point today......but important things must come first. :)

Have a super day
                              :spinning:

• Like Like x 1
                                Last edited: Feb 16, 2024