Yawn Yawn Wakey Wakey 2024

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Living in hope of world wide peace.
    Ratings:
    +54,381
    OIP (3).jpeg

Morning everyone.

Yesterday is a day I want to forget. It was 9 soaking wet hours of ....well to put it politely...hell.
    The least said the better.

Moving on , today is hopefully going to be a better day although still wet at times and colder. It is beautifully sunny out there at the moment.

No plans as yet still in a numb daze from yesterday.

On to the plus side we did make it to this other Dentist and filled out the necessary medical forms.:yes: We will be given appointments as soon as they become available.:blue thumb:

I hope all goes well at your dental appointment today. Will write today.

Ok that's me done, hope you all have a good day..

:spinning:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
      Ratings:
      +55,171
      Bom Dia1.jpeg
      A hazy start here but a nice day is forecast. We had a shower last night to freshen things and there may be a light one this morning.

Sorry your day was so miserable yesterday Upsy and hopefully today will be more comfortable ans relaxing. xx

I have my quick check in number for the Dentist. I have a 12 Noon appointment.

The Squeak arrived here at 5.30am-ish!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
        Ratings:
        +31,326
        Good day
        It is 33f 1c and the sun seems to be starting the day with a nice glow. The guessers say that later, it will get colder rather than warmer. They say it will be 12f -11C by evening and then dip down from there. It will be a regular February day.

@Upsydaisy I'm sorry to hear that you got a soaking and I don't think there's anything more miserable than being cold and wet. I hope today is what you're hoping for.

@Victoria it sounds like a quick in and out appointment which is always nice :)

I've already gotten some seedlings potted up and down in the cellar grow tent. That one is now quite full so I shall have to start up the other one. Each only has a 14 square feet of growing surface. There are probably about 100 pots in there so I feel that's not too bad.

And I've already done a load of laundry just to get a head start on the weekend.

I did a stupid thing. I put out the recycle at 5 this morning like I do every Friday - then noticed no one else had. Yup, Monday was Family Day so my recycle day moves to tomorrow. So I hauled it all back into the garage. Whilst looking all around me to see who had witnessed my stupidity:doh:

Cheers :coffee:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +54,381
          Hi Lori, sounds like your seedlings are doing well.:smile::blue thumb:

Yes thanks ..... a memory I hope to erase.:dbgrtmb: Unbelievably we are forecast light rain ,as we were yesterday, again today and haven't had a drop . At this very moment in time we are forecast rain at 60% precipitation...and it's dry and sunny.! So cross as I didn't do the laundry !!:wallbanging:

It's easily done with the kerb collections when there's been a public holiday, I've done it many times.

Enjoy your day.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
          • Victoria

Lady of Leisure
            Ratings:
            +55,171
            Went in at 12 on the nosey ... and back in Reception, minus a tooth, at 12.20pm ... but I had to wait 45 minutes because I am on blood thinners. He came out and checked me once and said just a few minutes more. Cost 68 Euros and I go back next Thursday for stitches out. Came home with more gauze and a face soft liquid ice pack and have to use Elugel for the next 15 days. Easy peaey and no pain. Dr Rui is the best Dentist (he is a Dental Surgeon) I've ever had, very gentle. He has done two root canals and two teeth extractions in the past.

Dr Rui Salgado.jpg

A funny ... after he did the anaesthetic he said "Is your heart beating indicating on his chest?" and I said "I hope so or I am in trouble!", well both he and his Nurse fell about laughing.

J gone to get me some ice cream and yogurts. It's been two hours and still no pain.

• Like Like x 1
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • CanadianLori

Battle Axe
              Ratings:
              +31,326
              @Victoria I'm glad you're not in pain but oh no, an extraction! I've been lucky to only have had impacted wisdom teeth removed. Apparently my mouth wasn't big enough for them however there are lots that would argue that analysis!

• Funny Funny x 1
              • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
                Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
                Ratings:
                +11,493
                Morning all, Friday.
                Raining here. But, plenty to do inside.
                Went to Hair salon yesterday, got 3 inches wacked off. Still touches my shoulders, and I can still pony it up when working in the garden, hate hair falling in my face.

Aww the crazy --garbage pick up---Monday here was Presidents day, so the pick up day moved to the next, I just ignored it , one bag in a big bin just not worth my energy to drag it down, so next week. We have two bins, so can do weekly trash and re-cycle. BUT the nutty thing is the garbage collection at my Airbnb is different, its weekly only trash, and only twice a month re-cycle, and if you don't pay attention to the calendar you miss it. The cleaners drag it out for us down there, but also can depend on my neighbor to do it if needed, and bring the empty bin back. And get this, at the Airbnb the trash collection cost is more than my cost up here. SMH.

Well back to number entry for taxes. Take care all.

• Like Like x 1
                • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Ratings:
                  +54,381
                  upload_2024-2-23_23-2-31.png

Another one of these days.

Good morning everyone.
                  Vicky I hope your mouth isn't too sore this morning.
                  What a dishy Dentist....nearly as dishy as Flumpy's chemist work buddy. At least it makes going for check ups more pleasurable.;).

Likewise Lori I too had to go into hospital and have all my wisdom teeth out way back in 1980. There just wasn't enough space to accommodate them.

redstsr all our bins alternate on a fortnightly cycle. As we don't really have much rubbish we only put them out once a month and even then they are barely half full.

Had to go into our town yesterday afternoon to pick up a few grocery items, typically the sun disappeared and the rain started just as we arrived in town!!!:mad:
                  Might have to go out again this morning , haven't reached a final decision yet. Hubs needs to go somewhere but the trouble is that it means a there and back walk from the bus stop of just under 3.5 miles down a lane without pavements that can get quite busy with traffic...he said he would go alone but with his hearing...or lack of it I definitely wouldn't let him as he probably would hear any of the approaching vehicles!!

Have a splendid Saturday.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                  • Like Like x 1
                    Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
                  • Victoria

Lady of Leisure
                    Ratings:
                    +55,171
                    Bom Dia1.jpg
                    Morning ... the words for today are "be happy".

I can't even tell I had anything done except the tails on the stitches are irritating! Yes, Dr Rui (roo-ee) is a doll and so sweet. He keeps asking if he is hurting you, and when I grunt "no" he touches the tip of my nose. :heehee: When he finished he asked me if I really had no pain and I wouldn't lie to him, I said when you have Grade 4 (cleanly broken through in half) your femur and your hip was totally removed for five months ... THAT is pain!

Oh, be safe and dry Upsy.

• Like Like x 2
                    • Friendly Friendly x 1
                    • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Ratings:
                      +54,381
                      Morning Vicky
                      Glad to hear you're not suffering. Why do you and J have stitches after having extractions? I can't remember ever having to have any ,even after going into hospital to remove all 4 wisdom teeth or more recently ..well about 10 hrs ago ,when the Dentist I had didn't think it wise for him to attempt removing a back tooth that had an abscess under it because it's root was not only long but had a hook in it. However when the hospital came back to me staying an appointment couldn't be offered for at least another 6 months the boss of the practiced who was also a Dental Surgeon part time at another Hospital asked me to come in to see him....it was the first time I was going to have a tooth pulled..and be awake!:yikes: He was brilliant and despite some tugging I didn't feel anything. . He was so amazed at the length of the hooked root he said he was going to keep it to show his students. I stuck with him for a good few years until he sold the practice to the ones we have now.:sad:
                      One of the Drs at our surgery also happens to be a Dental Surgeon too and does both jobs part time.....but getting an appointment with him is nigh on impossible .

Hubs decided not to go...once I was all togged up and ready to leave!!
                      Lovely, albeit frosty, sunny morning here..

Take care xx:grphg:

• Like Like x 1
                      • Friendly Friendly x 1
                      • Victoria

Lady of Leisure
                        Ratings:
                        +55,171
                        Morning Upsy.

I had stitches in the UK also, but think it is only on back teeth, molars. I don't know, perhaps it is because of the size of the hole made with the extraction? I had all four wisdom taken out in Alabama when I was about 20/21, two at a time, one side then the other ... I remember having them done in my lunch break and going back to work (Legal Secretary) with mouth packed! :yikes: J had his removed in Ohio before we met and spent the night in hospital. :scratch:

I am pleased the foray was cancelled. :phew: Parading around in that weather is a :nonofinger::nonofinger: and might cause :sick0026:.

It has been drizzling here for a couple of hours but I think easing off now. I want to go out and pot up an Hibiscus which arrived yesterday but will wait till later when it brightens
                        . Van and Munch have just popped out and The Squeak is out there squeaking. :cat-kittyandsmiley::cat-kittyandsmiley::cat-kittyandsmiley:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                        • Informative Informative x 1
                        • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
                          Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
                          Ratings:
                          +11,493
                          Saturday. 7:35AM here, 35 degrees.
                          Overcast, looks like it will be drizzling rain later.
                          Just doing inside stuff.
                          Yep, I also don't have much trash to go out, @Upsydaisy , especially in the winter I just let the bag stay "frozen" outside. The bin is huge. But in the summer, I do want to get it out weekly.

Looks like our guests down at the Airbnb wanted to do some night fishing off the dock, so the camera showed. Nice they are taking advantage of that. Hope they catch something. They leave on Monday.

Anyway back to whatever.
                          Have a good Saturday all.

• Like Like x 2
                          • CanadianLori

Battle Axe
                            Ratings:
                            +31,326
                            Good day,
                            It is 8f and sunny.

I have had a busy morning and there's still lots more to do.

Have a lovely day and cheers :coffee:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                            • Like Like x 1
                            • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Ratings:
                              +54,381
                              Oh wow...hello and goodbye Lori :biggrin:

Remember to take some precious time out ,life really shouldn't be all work and no play, especially at our time of life.
                              Have a good day.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
                              • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Ratings:
                                +54,381
                                upload_2024-2-25_0-11-38.png ...I've had enough now...I'm turning rusty!!

Morning all, can't add the 'Good' part today.

More heavy rain for today.

I feel like I'm going mad ....I need some nice...nope.... I'll happily just settle for Ok weather so that we can get outside..garden/ walk and remain dry and don't have to wade through flooded areas anymore.

I can't even brave a run out to the greenhouse with all the seedlings so they will soon begin to get all leggy through lack of daylight. Oh whoa is me today.:heehee:

Oh well I keep saying that I must finish knitting the cowl I started weeks ago.....no excuse whatsoever not to now.

redstar we very rarely put anything decayable ( is that a proper word :noidea:)
                                in our black bin, everything gets composted.

I know of people that have issues with flies and maggots in the summer so I try to minimise having to dispose of things in the black bin . Even the collectors congratulate us at how little wastage we accumulate.

Even the green bin ( recyclable) gets little use as paper and cardboard go in the compost too.

Vicky I hope to watch a bit of True Love today....the title sounds familiar so not sure if maybe I've already seen it....all will be revealed later. I've often discovered half way through a programme that I've seen it before. There are ones that I can happily watch again, but not many.

I hope you all have a restful day and that includes you too Lori !!!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                                • Like Like x 1