Yawn Yawn Wakey Wakey 2024

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Jan 1, 2024.

1. PatE

PatE Gardener

Ratings:
    +596
    Hi everyone. We are working our way through the chocolates Hubby gave me for my 84 th birthday yesterday. Very nice!

• Like Like x 7
    • Blue arbour

Blue arbour Super Gardener

Retired and loving it
      Ratings:
      +975
      Good morning

We have another Bonny day today. It’s a bit cloudy at the moment, but the sun is shining too. I enjoyed being able to sit outdoors for a bit yesterday (once DH had sorted the awning) and read. I never thought the day would come :).

I don’t think I can report the builder to trading standards really @Ladybird4, because he did the guttering and facia boarding well - it’s just that he didn’t take down the awning in order to lower it a bit so that when rolling and unrolling it, it wouldn’t catch and pull the facia board forward. He came to do another small job and said he would sort it, but when we came to open it again, it was still catching, so he hadn’t really done what he said. He certainly didn’t unscrew it to lower it (though to be fair, it was probably too difficult to remove the screws as it has been up a long time). I would have much preferred it if he’d said he was unable to do it rather than pretend he had. DH bought a slightly shorter awning cover so that it doesn’t roll up quite as thickly,thus muses the facia, and that seems to have done the job.

I hope you enjoyed your birthday chocolates @PatE.

Enjoy the day everyone.

• Like Like x 1
      • Ergates

Ergates Super Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +1,192
        Belated Happy Birthday, @PatE! Sounds like you are sharing the chocolates with Hubby, very noble of you! I hope he got ones you like, rather than his favourites!
        Out for breakfast and a walk this morning, after two days at home. It’s overcast, but a very pleasant temperature. Good to be out, no sport until this afternoon, Formula 1 and cricket. I’m hoping I have enough energy to finish planting up my hanging basket, very late, I know, but better than not at all. My current one is full of ivy, and wasn’t looking too bad until the birds pulled all the moss out of the sides and it wouldn’t hold water. I shall look in the donkey sanctuary plant sales to see if there is anything suitable to go in it. I’ll transplant some of the ivy ( or get some fresh from the garden) and I have some cuttings from a flowering plant from last years basket, that I rooted in water.
        The green bins are almost full, so I shouldn’t do any major clearing as I will have nowhere to put it. I’ve made an attack on the ivy over the last few days, but it’s a depressing task. It seems to have covered swathes of ground, and hidden two paths, totally out of control. I don’t know whether to carry on doing what I can, or alternatively, head back to bed, pull the covers over my head, and stay there till the house is covered as well. Bad thoughts.
        Enjoy what good weather you may be having. I’m rather dreading the heatwave predicted for this week.

• Like Like x 4
        • Goldenlily26

Goldenlily26 Super Gardener

Retired
          Ratings:
          +1,692
          I gave yesterday over to my daughter who called in for "Grown up Afternoon Tea" and a hug and cuddle with me. She has had a torrid 3 weeks with a dreadful cold and two lots of chaos to sort out at work. She is so exhausted but going on holiday on Friday.
          We had tea from bone china cups, loose leaf tea made in a bone china tea pot and a slice of carrot cake brought by her brother from Canada, made by my daughter in law. My daughter off loaded and I hope went home feeling a bit better than when she arrived

• Like Like x 6
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Ladybird4

Ladybird4 I'm a gardener. What's your super-power?

Retired Teacher
            Ratings:
            +5,904
            • Like Like x 1
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
              Ratings:
              +5,904
              @Ergates, I have similar problems with ivy here. It seems to sneak everywhere and I tripped over a long strand the other day - which reminds me, it needs some severe cutting back treatment. Since the rain stopped this morning I have decided to risk putting a wash load on. Will be watching the tennis final though.

• Like Like x 1
              • AuntyRach

AuntyRach Keen Gardener

Ratings:
                +3,155
                Afternoon folks. Home from MIL visit - successful as OH cut back grass, I deadheaded and checked pots, we divided some SM chives (a lá Friday’s GW), did her pedicure and cleaned the dogs eyes /ears. Oh and we were given an M&S quiche.

I’ll settle down for the tennis now so budge-up those already watching.

• Like Like x 3
                • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
                  Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
                  Ratings:
                  +11,493
                  Still too hot here. 80 degrees moving to 90 later. Last night about 6PM, moving the water sprinkler about the large bed, plants perked up. Suppose to storm at 8PM tonight, maybe the weather person is right, hope.
                  Aside from some plant rescuing, just house stuff etc. No cooking today, lots of leftovers.
                  Happy Sunday to all.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                    Ratings:
                    +5,904
                    @AuntyRach, did you enjoy the final. I did though I did hope the runner up might have won. They both seem like really nice guys. I'm looking forward to seeing more of them and also our two, Paul Draper and Billy Harris.

• Like Like x 1
                    • Friendly Friendly x 1
                    • lizzie27

lizzie27 Super Gardener

Retired
                      Ratings:
                      +1,397
                      Evening everyone,

Happy Belated Birthday @PatE - can't believe you're now 84, seems only yesterday when we were wished you Happy 80th! Enjoy those chocolate!

@Bizzy-Lizzie, hope you enjoy your trip to Lake Windermere, it's been some years since we were there. If the duvet's too thick in when we're away, I take the duvet cover off and sleep under that - works for us.

We are also having ivy problems @Ergates, I think it's getting too established as this is now an established garden. It's battling it out with bindweed though which is my other bugbear.

Hope @Dovefromabove enjoys her visits to son and daughter and also her visit to the coast. Wish the Norfolk coast wasn't so far from here, we did enjoy our stay up there a couple of years ago. Thanks for the help in IDing the animal picture Dove, pity it wasn't an otter cub.

I've spent the day mainly painting an old small wooden table originally bought for the grandchildren when they were toddlers and now re-purposed as a table to put my washing basket on whilst hanging out the washing- saves all that bending! I did find out that the original lavender paint was too old so used the newer blue paint left over from the shed. Two coats on and last coat hopefully after dinner if the sunshine holds. I also put the last coat of varnish on the handrail so that's another garden job ticket off. On a roll now!!

• Like Like x 4
                      • Friendly Friendly x 1
                      • Penny_Forthem

Penny_Forthem Head gardener, zero staff

Retired
                        Ratings:
                        +809
                        Phew, I've caught up. It seems belated happy birthday, @PatE
                        We've had 3 nights at the caravan, 9 miles from home. I've towed it all over France, in good weather and bad, World cup and Euro years and 9 miles from home, on top of a Welsh hill, is deffo the most relaxing.
                        Watered everything tonight.

• Like Like x 3
                        • Friendly Friendly x 1
                        • Dovefromabove

Dovefromabove Head Gardener

Ratings:
                          +2,583
                          Hello again and a belated Happy Burthday @PatE … we had a lovely visit with son and then with Wonky and her lovely hub. I came away with plants of course . :spinning: She had an afternoon in Christchurch Park planned, with friends she’d been at the village school with and some of whom she’d not seen for years. We drove on to Dunwich beach where we lazed in the sun with our icecreams before heading home. We’ve had a supper of field mushrooms rare breed bacon, chips beans and fried eggs :yes: , and watched the recorded tennis final.
                          A couple of loads of washing have been done for son and hung on the line and now my feet are up.

• Like Like x 6
                          • Informative Informative x 1
                          • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                            Ratings:
                            +5,904
                            Signing out for today. See you all tomorrow some time.
                            Good evening.jpg

• AuntyRach

AuntyRach Keen Gardener

Ratings:
                            +3,155
                            Yes! Set two tie breaker was excellent so it was a shame not to have another set or three. Really looking forward to Wimbledon now.

Great to hear that so many of you have had a decent weekend. Belated Happy Birthday @PatE.

• Like Like x 1
                            • Friendly Friendly x 1
                            • PatE

PatE Gardener

Ratings:
                              +596
                              Thanks everyone for your birthday wishes. We are enjoying the chocolates.

• Like Like x 2
                              • Friendly Friendly x 2