Yawn Yawn Wakey Wakey 2024

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Dovefromabove

Dovefromabove Head Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,583
    Good morning all :coffee1:
    17C already … it’s overcast at the moment but the forecast says it’ll be another sunny day. OH is still in the Land of Nod next door … I’ll make my coffee and take him a tea … or maybe I’ll leave him to sleep in …

• Like Like x 3
    • Busy-Lizzie

Busy-Lizzie Total Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +3,124
      Morning all.

@Ladybird4 that's a lovely photo of Cricket. I have a similar one of my last cat, Alexa, somewhere in my Laptop files. I hope you enjoy your day with your relatives. To answer your question yesterday, no, we didn't visit John Ruskin's house.

We are going to visit Keswick today, on the bus.

• Like Like x 4
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Dovefromabove

Ratings:
        +2,583
        Wonder if my NDN had a reasonable night now she’s home. Their son has moved a bed downstairs for her. She said that she’d fallen asleep in the car when the accident happened and the hospital staff said that was why she wasn’t more badly injured.

My OH is feeling much better today and thanks everyone for their kind wishes. I was going to get him a cuppa in bed but he was already up and about … all was quiet in the spare room so I thought he was still asleep but he was having a wander around the garden while the kettle boiled. .

Enjoy Keswick @Busy-Lizzie … I seem to remember getting some very good drawing pencils from there.

• Like Like x 3
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Punkdoc

Punkdoc Super Gardener

Ratings:
          +1,994
          Hi all

Hot.

• Like Like x 3
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Blue arbour

Blue arbour Super Gardener

Retired and loving it
            Ratings:
            +975
            Good morning all,

An overcast start to the day here, so feeling a little cooler, but it is expected to brighten up later.

I love the photo of Cricket the cat curled up in the pot @Ladybird4 - he looks very settled and comfortable.

I managed to get some tidying done in the garden yesterday afternoon, cutting down most of the foxgloves now that they have finished flowering - I didn’t want loads of seeds landing all over the garden. The border where they were looks a bit bare now, though, so might just have to visit a GC for some fillers. OH is now cutting the back garden grass - it doesn’t take long because it’s not very big. He thought he’d get it done before the sun breaks through, which looking at the sky, won’t be long.

It’s fortunate that your NDN was asleep when the crash happened @Dovefromabove thus saving her from more serious injuries. I hope she’ll soon be on the mend.

Well, I’d better get on.

• Like Like x 3
            • Badly_Maintained

Badly_Maintained Inept know-nothing gardener

Early retiree & (unofficial) carer for my Parents.
              Ratings:
              +430
              • Like Like x 1
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • Ergates

Ergates Super Gardener

Retired
                Ratings:
                +1,192
                Stopped for a drink in the shade. OH has mowed the moss in the back garden, and I have attacked the chaos on the bank above it. Lots of ferns and brambles, so my chillington hoe is proving very useful. I just wish the head wouldn’t keep coming loose. It’s still much easier for me to wield than the mattock. Definitely too hot to work in the sun now, but enough shade for me to do some half hour bursts at ground clearing. The green bins were emptied early this morning, so there is a certain enthusiasm to get them partly filled again. Sons dog is coming to stay next week so that will cramp our style a bit. Even our walks will have to be pretty sedate as she is quite an elderly lady now. Like me!

• Like Like x 4
                • Allotment Boy

Allotment Boy Lifelong Allotmenteer

Retired Medical Lab Scientist
                  Ratings:
                  +354
                  A horrible hot night here, in spite of all our efforts with shading , and ventilation once the sun moves round.
                  Took OH to dentist this am and went to get a tail light bulb for the car while she was there. Managed to fit it too, nearly had to give in and pay for them to do it, as ever a whole cluster of lights through an awkward port hole. Saved £20 doing it myself.

• Like Like x 5
                  • Informative Informative x 1
                  • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
                    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
                    Ratings:
                    +11,493
                    Wednesday. 72 degrees. 9Am here.
                    @lizzie27 , picked up some salmon, had that with asparagus (also picked up) and left over pasta salad. Retired now, but many years working full time, 40 mins drive from home, and rush home to make something reasonable. But, being a mom with all that is extra hard and quiet a skill.
                    @Dovefromabove , Chess club went well, one won, lost one. I am there more for social I think, lots of nice folks. Keeps my mind active. Actually it is probably the only time I get to talk and chat up with some folks during the week. Other than husband, what chatting do you do with husbands. Sometime my neighbor and I will walk about, but being so hot and she works full time. Will be missing the next two meetings due to be away traveling.
                    Hope to get some garden tidy up done. Have not cut the grass yet, too hot and no rain, don't want to hurt the grass.
                    Have a good day all.

• Like Like x 2
                    • Friendly Friendly x 2
                    • Punkdoc

Punkdoc Super Gardener

Ratings:
                      +1,994
                      For those of you from the old GW forum, I have just had a long phone call with Hosta, he is doing really well and sends his love.

• Like Like x 8
                      • Friendly Friendly x 3
                      • Blue arbour

Blue arbour Super Gardener

Retired and loving it
                        Ratings:
                        +975
                        That’s good to hear @Punkdoc, thank you for letting us all know.

• Agree Agree x 1
                        • AuntyRach

AuntyRach Keen Gardener

Ratings:
                          +3,156
                          Evening.

So pleased that Hosta is ok @Punkdoc - thanks for letting us know.

Despite my strict instructions both my Dad and OH left the bedroom curtains open today. At least there’s a bit of a breeze now so that will help a bit.

I hope everyone is ok.

• Like Like x 2
                          • Informative Informative x 1
                          • lizzie27

lizzie27 Super Gardener

Retired
                            Ratings:
                            +1,399
                            Afternoon all, not done much all today as it's very hot, apart from walking back from the chemist this morning whilst OH went on a very interesting and informative driving assessment for seniors by the Institute of Advanced Motorists. He enjoyed it although found it a bit nerve wracking at times. Assessed as Competent to carry on driving and given some pointers to concentrate on. I think I'd be too nervous to have a go but might think about it.

5-2 Diet going reasonably well, have lost 1lb so far which is par for the course for me. Managed not to eat anything between 8.30 am to 7.30 pm but drank lots. Slightly surprised to find DIL's big salad last night clocked up too many calories though. It's early days yet.

That's a great relief to hear @Punkdoc, I'd wondered how Hosta was getting on.

@Dovefromabove - that sounds much like the full body support I had to wear after my accident. I found it was really uncomfortable to wear as well, mainly because it was too long in the body for me as I'm so tiny. One size fits all - oh no, it doesn't! When I had my first checkup after a fortnight I was in tears as I couldn't easily sit down in it so the medics arranged for it to be cut down under the armpits and cut up over the thighs if that makes sense. That was more comfortable but still a pain. I think it was made of Tevlar or similar. If your NDN has the same problem it may be worth her contacting the hospital for a similar modification.

@redstar, glad you enjoyed the chess club, and won a game. I've never played so am impressed.

Unfortunately a spring has broken on my side of our mattress which has never happened before. We can't quite remember whether we bought the bed just before or during Covid but do you think we can find the receipt? I've looked in the House Receipts file where we have receipts for most of our stuff and ransacked the house to no avail. We do know we bought it at the local furniture store where we've bought most of our stuff for the last 20 years so might try them tomorrow.

Lovely photo of Cricket, reminds us so much of our old cat, so thanks for posting.

• Like Like x 2
                            • Friendly Friendly x 2
                            • Busy-Lizzie

Busy-Lizzie Total Gardener

Retired
                              Ratings:
                              +3,124
                              We have had a good day. We went to Keswick on the bus. We sat upstairs so we could see the lovely views, passed by Grasmere village and lake. Wordsworth lived there.

We had another boat ride, up Derwentwater and back.

I bought a summer blouse in Seasalt. It's been so warm and I'd only packed one summer top. One thinks of the Lakes as being cold and wet.

OH bought me a lovely framed painting of Derwentwater with wild flowers on the bank. It's a print, the original would have been about £600!
                              20240626_130827.jpg

• Like Like x 5
                              • Dovefromabove

Ratings:
                                +2,583
                                I’ll mention that to J @lizzie27 … she’s not that tall herself. What a nuisance about the mattress. Not cheap things, good mattresses.

• Like Like x 1
                                • Friendly Friendly x 1