Yawn Yawn Wakey Wakey 2024

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Dovefromabove

Dovefromabove Head Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,583
    I’m back from the concert and my voice held … there’s a couple of top Gs I didn’t risk and went down an octave, but otherwise it was fine. The audience were enthusiastic and the director was pleased. I’m a bit croaky now tho.

Just about to tuck into a takeaway Chinese. Think I’ve earned it. :)

• Like Like x 5
      Last edited: Jun 30, 2024
    • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
      Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
      Ratings:
      +11,493
      Glad you like it.

• Busy-Lizzie

Busy-Lizzie Total Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +3,126
      Good evening all.

We drove back to Norfolk today. We've had a great time and it was good to see family and friends but now my knee and I are looking forward to a rest. The journey was much better than when we drove north last week. We left Yorkshire in the rain 14C and arrived back to a warm and sunny Norfolk. The garden is rather dry, did some watering this evening.

Yesterday we went out to a pub restaurant for lunch, good food but the helpings were huge. Then we went to a GC. Friend bought 2 patio roses.

Last night we watched a moving film set on a Greek island in the war. Captain Corelli's Mandolin.

Sorry to have missed @Dovefromabove's concert but it was on our driving home day.

Gld your cataract op went well @floralies.

Sad about your favourite donkey @Ergates, bit of a shock for you.

• Like Like x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Blue arbour

Blue arbour Super Gardener

Retired and loving it
        Ratings:
        +975
        Good evening all,

So glad your voice held up @Dovefromabove and that it all went well. Hope you’ve enjoyed that well deserved Chinese takeaway.

We has our fund raising coffee morning at church today for the local food banks. I’m not sure what we’ve raised, but despite the low turnout on the day, I think we’ve still done well as we get a lot of donations in the run up to these events.

My back is playing up, I’m not sure what I’ve done exactly but I know I tweaked it about 10 days ago by over reaching to take down a hanging basket. However, it seemed to calm down and was improving; but today, when I stood up from doing the raffle at church for our fundraising, the pain came back with a vengeance, even shooting down my leg. Although that has eased, here I am, all these hours later, struggling. Pain killers aren’t touching it. I’m hoping that after a nights rest, it will have settled down. Anyway, onwards and upwards - there are folks a heck of a lot worse off. It’s just so uncomfortable and somewhat limiting - I want to fettle the dusting and cleaning.

So glad your cataract op was ok @floralies. My OH has just gone on the list to have his done.

Very sorry to read about your donkey at the sanctuary @Ergates. I know he wasn’t yours personally, but you got to know and love him. Your shopping trip sounds a success, so pleased you had a productive day.

• Like Like x 4
        • Ladybird4

Ladybird4 I'm a gardener. What's your super-power?

Retired Teacher
          Ratings:
          +5,924
          Strawberries.jpg
          A very good morning one and all. @Blue arbour I hope that our Strawberry Fayre goes well today - better than the weather at least! Pleased the voice held out @Dovefromabove.
          I cannot believe it is the last day of the month already and we are now halfway through 2024!

• Like Like x 1
          • Dovefromabove

Ratings:
            +2,583
            Good morning all :coffee1:
            I hope we’ve all slept well. I’m a bit snotty this morning. I apologise for the snuffles :cry3:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Goldenlily26

Goldenlily26 Super Gardener

Retired
              Ratings:
              +1,692
              Good morning all,
              A lovely day yesterday. I hadn't realised there was a Children's Festival in Mevagissey so we had to sit and wait for about 10 mins. for the car park to empty before we could get in but no one was in a hurry and we had plenty to chat about.
              We had a lovely lunch, a slow stroll around the harbour, a sit in the sun on the sea wall before coming home to scones, strawberry jam and clotted cream with a cuppa. We sat in the conservatory chatting until around 7.30pm when my visitors left to make their way back to Plymouth.
              Very enjoyable, not too much exertion, tired but happy.
              Plan for today.
              A quiet day pottering.

• Like Like x 2
              • AuntyRach

AuntyRach Keen Gardener

Ratings:
                +3,156
                Good morning all.

I really enjoyed watching Coldplay at Glastonbury last night (watched on tv, to be clear). I think my neighbours were having their own festival last night - music and partying outside until about 1am.

Have a pleasant Sunday folks.

• Like Like x 2
                • lizzie27

lizzie27 Super Gardener

Retired
                  Ratings:
                  +1,399
                  Good morning everybody,
                  Glad you enjoyed your day out @Goldenlily26 , cream tea sounds delicious!
                  Good you were able to sing at the concert @Dovefromabove , I know how much you were looking forward to it.
                  A quiet day for both of you perhaps.
                  It's overcast today but warmer than I expected when I walked down to the village. Took my secateurs with me and cut down some encroaching brambles on the pavement side - my good deed for the day. It's a council job really so if it gets worse I'll email them, they're usually pretty good at responding.
                  Got both hosepipes out last night and watered the garden, we've had no rain since the 15th June and the ground is really dry. Most plants are bearing up but there is mildew on the phlox and knautia macedonia.
                  Sorry to hear about your favourite donkey @Ergates, I'm not surprised you're upset, I think most people would be too.
                  Just finishing my coffee then I've got more deadheading and weeding to do.
                  Enjoy your Sunday folks.

• Like Like x 4
                  • Blue arbour

Blue arbour Super Gardener

Retired and loving it
                    Ratings:
                    +975
                    Good afternoon,
                    I hope the strawberry fayre has gone well @Ladybird4, and the weather stayed dry for you. Our event yesterday was inside the church, so the drizzly weather didn’t impact too much (though I suspect it kept some away).
                    My back feels a touch easier today, though still niggly, so I’ve not done too much today and OH has helped me, too.
                    Coffee time now, then I might pop out and deadhead a few roses.

• Tui34

Tui34 Super Gardener

Retired
                    Ratings:
                    +801
                    Good afternoon everyone!

Had a fluid trip to the airport on Friday morning, with no hitches or traffic jams ....only to discover the flight had been delayed in Paris!! I had to wait another 2 hours before the poor little family (with a 2yr old and a 4yr old) finally emerged from baggage claim They had flown the red eye flight from J'burg and were exhausted!! (Except for the children!!) On the return journey, there had been an accident on the opposite side (luckily) and the backlog of these poor folk was about 10km long!!

Story weather yesterday - not a lot of rain, but plenty of thunder.

Unfortunately - really unfortunately yes - the motor of my bore has given up the ghost so tomorrow will be trying to find a replacement! The garden can be watered by city water - at a cost but at least it can be watered in this heat. Not the time to lose everything now!!

I love the photos of your Air BNB @redstar Absolutely gorgeous! What a peaceful paradise it must be for city folk on a break. Bravo and kudos to you on your excellent hard work!

I am sure you are enjoying your holiday in Scotland @Punkdoc
                    Great that you have had the first cataract done @floralies I am in the running but not for some time yet, apparently. How is your hip?
                    Glad the choir concert went well for you @Dovefromabove even if you are a bit bunged up now, you can take it easy.
                    Sorry to hear that your back is still dodgy @Blue arbour So painful and rather annoying that painkillers aren't helping things. I have the same problem - except mine is hip and knee pain. Difficult to find a position in bed that relieves the pain or is comfortable.
                    I'm sure the Strawberry Fayre went well for you @Ladybird I like the sound of a gluten free Victorian Sandwich.
                    That sounds like a nice day @Goldenlily26
                    Poor little donkey @Ergates I hope it didn't suffer.

Must away to connect up some hoses to get to my garden. The wildlife pond will just have a take a back seat to get its top up this week.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend all those who are back to work tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
                    • Ladybird4

Ladybird4 I'm a gardener. What's your super-power?

Retired Teacher
                      Ratings:
                      +5,924
                      Good afternoon everyone. It has been a nice day here - apart from the weather but we were all inside @Blue arbour so nothing was spoilt. I got home feeling nicely tired and I have been a bit lazy since. Couldn't get into the garden because of the wet so I did idle away some time drooling over plants on t'internet. My Sis who is now in New Zealand sent me some fabulous pictures of Hobbiton - I recognised all the places from the films. Had to smile at Sis and BIL standing in the doorway of one of the Hobbit houses. They are moving south now heading for Dunedin where the first match is being played next Saturday.

• Like Like x 2
                      • Busy-Lizzie

Busy-Lizzie Total Gardener

Retired
                        Ratings:
                        +3,126
                        I had planned to do some gardening today but we woke up to drizzle so we went to Tesco instead. There is a GC next to Tesco so after the shopping we went to the GC. I wanted to buy some herbs but they were awaiting a delivery. Instead I bought a beautiful pink alstroemeria, "Summer Break".

I did ironing this afternoon in front of Escape to the Country.

• Like Like x 2
                        • Ergates

Ergates Super Gardener

Retired
                          Ratings:
                          +1,193
                          Reading back through the reports of aches and pains, it has occurred to me that my hip has not been giving me any trouble for many weeks. I was diagnosed with greater trochanteric pain syndrome ( used to be called bursitis ) and X-rays revealed mild changes in the joint but nothing needing surgery or replacement. The NHS physiotherapist I saw recommended some exercises to build up the muscles, I can’t say I’ve been doing them religiously, but occasionally when I remember ( tooth brushing time seems to work) However, I can honestly say I have been pain free for ages, and very grateful for that, and can lie on my preferred side, which I thought I’d never be able to do again.
                          Interestingly, I was able to get an appointment with the GP practice physio, weeks before I could even get to see the doctor! And the physio was able to refer me for the X-rays as well. Very pleased with that service. Is that an option for any of you suffering with backs and hips? Do your GP practices have a dedicated physio?

• Like Like x 2
                          • Dovefromabove

Ratings:
                            +2,583
                            So glad the pain is better @Ergates I meant to say too how sorry I was to hear about your donkey friend.

• Like Like x 1