Yawn Yawn Wakey Wakey 2024

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Jan 1, 2024.

1. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Monday, 11Am, 41 degrees. Windy, Windy, here. Amazed have not heard any major limb cracking , trees swaying. But in the walk to the mail box did note some small limbs down on the lawn area, more work for me---Yeah.

Trying to "get rid" of stuff in the basement/house we don't need, putting on Facebook Market place. Just one of many avenues to sell it at. Husband has been good at taking stuff to a local Auction house also, we did get $$ for things. We have always used Auction houses for clean outs and did decently well. Depends on the Auction house and what clients they draw determines what items we take there. Some have the reputation for "better" antiques than others.
    Reminds me of the nursing home days when the children would just put all to the curb from their parents house, sad. Sometime I could intervene before and steer them to a good Auction guy.

Will continue with final taxes today. Probably off to shopping. Or if the wind stops some raking leaves, picking up branches, Yeah. Oh the fun of retirement. Have a good day all.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
      Ratings:
      +55,159
      Cat Flower.jpeg Morning all.

A sunny start and nice day forecast here.

J had the tooth removed. What a trauma ... took an Ibuprofen before he went, two shots there, a 1g Paracetamol on return, an ice pack to face, a sleep for an hour plus, another Ibuprofen later, two bowls of sorbet, an ice pack and another Paracetamol before bed. This morning he says it is very painful and took a pain killer. How do I survive??? Goes back at 5.30pm for plate fitting (over newly removed tooth :hate-shocked:) then next Monday for stitch removal. Save me!!!

I shall go sit outside this morning for an hour's VitD.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
        Ratings:
        +31,321
        Good day
        It is now up to 38f 3c and the clouds are very thin so not blocking all the sunlight.

Teeth. What the heck is going on with that? Me too @Victoria ! Emily has a very sore jaw at the back left molar area. I'm hoping it's only the annoyance of the wisdom teeth making a start but will definitely get it checked out. I left a message at my dentist's office. They were closed yesterday and only open up again in an hour's time. I'll be on the horn again as soon as they open as I am a big worrier when it comes to kids being in any kind of pain.

It was very chilly yesterday but lovely and sunny so in spite of the stiff wind, I managed to work on the animal barrier framework. After a lot of pipe cutting and other fun stuff, all that is left of the frame to do is one set of gates which are the parts I am waiting for. I got my vitamin D yesterday :blue thumb: I'll wrap and secure the new metal fencing to the completed framework today but if not enough time, tomorrow.

I have an appointment with my wine guy today and hopefully a dental appointment for Em too. Obviously, the wine would be postponed if a dental appointment is given for that time slot.

Cheers :coffee:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
        • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Living in hope of world wide peace.
          Ratings:
          +54,381
          Afternoon Vicky and Lori.

Vicky you and J have my commiserations ..obviously for very different reasons.;)

Had a morning of housework ,as none got done properly last week. I've been doing it at a slower pace over the last couple of mornings. Likewise the last couple of afternoons have been spent trying to organise the greenhouse to accommodate the growing trays of seedlings during the day.

Feeling OK but just have to remember not to bend or turn my head suddenly. :blue thumb:

Have a relaxing afternoon Vicky and Lori I'm on time to wish you a good day.:biggrin: Hope Em gets an appointment swiftly.:fingers crossed:

:spinning:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
          • Like Like x 1
          • Victoria

Lady of Leisure
            Ratings:
            +55,159
            J got a call from the Dentist at 11.50am saying he could come in early. Got there at 12.30, saw a different Dentist who gave him the plate but said the gums were not ready for them (:scratch:) so they will be fitted when he goes on Monday for stitches out. He said Ibuprofen was not working so she prescribed Clonixin capsules 300mg twice a day (10 capsules at 10 Euros!!!). Anyway, that leaves the evening free now.

Oh The Squeak still visits at least twio/three times a day a day. Currently Van is on the stone wall by The Courtyard and The Squeak is nearby, both sunning! He saw off a big ginger more than twice his sizethe other day!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
            • Victoria

Lady of Leisure
              Ratings:
              +55,159
              So J took a new tablet ... and I woke him at 4.30pm as I am getting very tired of all this!

• Informative Informative x 2
              • Friendly Friendly x 2
              • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
                Ratings:
                +11,493
                Tuesday. I am alive. just busy. Keep well all.

• Like Like x 2
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • CanadianLori

Battle Axe
                  Ratings:
                  +31,321
                  Messenger_creation_86cfc3c0-0cc1-4aa2-a033-367728d2c96c.jpeg Oh @Victoria sometimes I think those "fainting" couches were really for the "stronger" sex!

I've gotten an appointment for Em tomorrow at 11: a.m.. She says the pain is a dull thing that I have a feeling that it is wisdom teeth teething. But we'll go to be absolutely sure that's all it is.

So far she's got 8 friends invited to the Eclipse Party. So I just ordered some more glasses. And the paint did take very nicely to the one Em did as an experiment.

• Like Like x 3
                  • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Ratings:
                    +54,381
                    Morning, dry but dull day here today but remaining thankfully mild.

Vicky I'm really hoping that J has woken up feeling a marked improvement in his dental issues and that this will result in you both having a much better day.:fingers crossed::fingers crossed::fingers crossed::fingers crossed::grphg:xx

Hubs very begrudgingly made an attempt ( that's all I can call it really) to blast the kitchen patio . It is very slightly better and not slippery anymore, that's the main thing. We never give it a really thorough clean as we both think it tends to look a bit unnatural, after all it's be down 40 years nearly.

Another day of just gentle pottering in my greenhouse for me.

Hope you all have a good day too x

• Like Like x 2
                    • Friendly Friendly x 1
                    • Victoria

Lady of Leisure
                      Ratings:
                      +55,159
                      Bom Dia Daybreak.jpeg
                      Morning all. Starting the day with hazy sun here but going up near 20 again.

I certainly need one these days!!!

J taking his car for new tires (a requirement of the recent IPO/MoT at 12 noon. Donald will meet him there, the will go have lunch and take him back for 3ish. I have not enquired about any health issues .... but must be okay as he's lunching out.

I want to cut back three pots of Mandevillas on pedestals this morning. I finished an afghan yesterday so will put pics up in VictoriaArt later Already started on something else.

The squeak just arrived. He actually arrived at 5.59am but may have gone 'home' but back now Van has gone out. :cat-kittyandsmiley:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Victoria

Lady of Leisure
                        Ratings:
                        +55,159
                        Morning Upsy. You popped up as I was typing.

Pleased the patio got sort of cleaned. I will have to wait till Ben can do ours ... I have just reminded J for the third time to contact him (he uses Whats App and has minimal word "conversations" with people). I need Ben to cut the Mioporo tree back too as some branches look dead.

Have fun time in the Greenhouse. xx

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • CanadianLori

Battle Axe
                          Ratings:
                          +31,321
                          Good day
                          It is 45f 6c and the guessers say if it was light, I'd see a fairly clear sky. They say it is going up to 68f 18c today - and that will be the last of the spring tease for a few weeks as it will get cold again.

I'm glad to hear that J is going to lunch @Victoria as that really signals that his mouth can't be hurting if he is going to do that :) We're off to the dentist today and hopefully we'll get no nasty prognosis. :fingers crossed: And selfish me wants to be done with it quickly because the afternoon will be so great for getting outside and receiving free vitamin D.

@Upsydaisy I'm glad to hear you're up to pottering. :dbgrtmb:

I'd like to get the one area of my raised garden re-done. The boards are tilting outward and I need to straighten that up before the parts come so as to have everything square for installing the new gate. I also need to attach the netting around the back of the garden and start turning the soil in a couple of areas before the ground freezes up again.

Cheers :coffee:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                          • Victoria

Lady of Leisure
                            Ratings:
                            +55,159
                            Sending :fingers crossed: (dedos cruzados) to Em that it is nothing serious going on.

Have a good afternoon getting some of the good vitamin.

• Like Like x 2
                            • Friendly Friendly x 1
                            • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
                              Ratings:
                              +11,493
                              Wednesday, 915Am. awesome weather today.
                              Few errands to run, some gardening fun. Last night trivia was nice, a good gathering attended from the Chess Club, we vow to go again next week.
                              Take care, off to errands. Have a good day all.

• Like Like x 3
                              • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Ratings:
                                +54,381
                                Morning everyone.

I've been up since 3 ,as I'm in so much pain from my left hip and laying down just makes it worse.
                                So the armchair called out to me with the bonus offer of a hot chocolate.

:recliner:

How are things Vicky..better??:fingers crossed::fingers crossed: All being well I will email you at some point today.xx

Lori how is Ems tooth, what was the outcome from the Dental appointment yesterday?

Mixed bag of weather here today so I'm hopeful in getting some garden tasks done and ticked off from our ever-growing to-do list.:fingers crossed:

Have a fab day.

• Friendly Friendly x 3