Yawn Yawn Wakey Wakey 2024

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Blue arbour

Blue arbour Super Gardener

Retired and loving it
    Ratings:
    +971
    Hello all,

A much cooler day today and it looks as if it’s about to rain any time soon. We are promised warmer temperatures by Sunday, but I won’t hold my breath.

Not ready for autumn (fall) here yet @redstar - we’ve hardly had any proper summer weather yet, just short bursts then back to cool and grey. Never satisfied, I suppose, because I can’t stand it too hot, but I’m sick of all this grey gloom. Early to mid 20’s without the humidity but with blue sky and sun would suit me (with a splash of rain through the night to quench the gardens). It never happens like that, though.

My back feels a bit easier, just reminds me now and then that it’s not completely healed. I must learn to be patient, but really, I’m getting fed up with it now.

I’m not a follower of football (or any sport, come to that), but I’m pleased to hear that England have reached the final, and hope they don’t blow it on Sunday.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Obelix-Vendée

Obelix-Vendée Keen Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +2,368
      Today's forecast was dry but cloudy then getting to 24C this pm. Instead, as we drove about doing a cuple of errands before heading to the SM for our weekly raid we had rain and this pmhas stayed cloudy and cool. I'm at the heavy coughing and spluttering stage of my cold so have not done any painting so it's turning out to be a lazy day now.

Pleased that your back pain is easing but do please be patient. Doesn't take much of a twinge to bring it back with a vengeance.

What did you thing of the Sewing Bee this week @Ladybird4 ? Interesting to watch but not my sort of thing at all as I'm a practical, wearable clothes sewist and not a diva o rever likely to go to a concert featuring one.

I'd like some summer before autumn arrives too but will be very pleased once all this football and tennis gets off the TV but then we'll get weeks of Olympics. Fine, but not on both main Beeb channels at once please. Some of us just aren't interested in watching it.

• Like Like x 3
      • Ladybird4

Ladybird4 I'm a gardener. What's your super-power?

Retired Teacher
        Ratings:
        +5,886
        Good afternoon everybody. Busy time at the Food Bank this morning. Both Bestie and I were shattered when we got back to her place. Like @Blue arbour I'm tired of the grey and gloom. Am waiting for a stretch of pleasant weather for a change.
        @Obelix-Vendée I will never be a diva either. Practical and easy to look after (i.e. no ironing) are the clothes I favour. I really find Sewing Bee a refreshing change to all the dross shown on TV these days and last night's programme was no exception. I absolutely loved two of Luke's creations, especially his Lady Gaga outfit - knockout! I did think that the right person was eliminated but lets be honest, these people are all stars in their own right and I am filled with admiration for their courage to go on the Sewing Bee. Looking forward to next weeks programme now.

• Like Like x 2
        • Obelix-Vendée

Obelix-Vendée Keen Gardener

Retired
          Ratings:
          +2,368
          Difficult choice last night @Ladybird4 . I'd rather have seen the blonde with the unfinished pink diva outfit go as she's consistently failed to finish garments whereas t'other has consistently done well but hit one bad week. I agree about admiring their courage and also their skills. I can follow patterns but I'd fail at the first transformation challenge.

• Agree Agree x 2
          • Like Like x 1
          • Penny_Forthem

Penny_Forthem Head gardener, zero staff

Retired
            Ratings:
            +799
            Busy day; hub had his heart scan this morning, then we headed off in t'other direction to buy a BBQ in the sales. Just when we might get the chance to use it, I do not know.
            The Sewing Bee hasn't grabbed me like I thought it would. I do love Pottery throwdown, though (my speciality when training to be an art teacher).
            It's dismally dreary here.
            Hub is watching a you tube programme about the top 10 most poisonous plants in the UK. Should I worry?

• Like Like x 3
            • Ante1

Ante1 Gardener

Ratings:
              +574
              Afternoon all. I decided to stay in today and try to rest. It's scorching hot, and it will stay like this at least next ten days. I think that I'll do only watering plants. For any other outside job is insane hot. You really can borrow my some rain. :)

• Like Like x 5
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                Ratings:
                +5,886
                I couldn't agree more @Obelix-Vendée. I think her name is Susie and I was hoping she would have gone last week. I think that the outfits she turns up in remind me of those paper lampshades that were all the rage once upon a time. :smile:
                @Penny_Forthem, I hope that all went well with the heart scan done on your OH. And, by the way I would only worry if your OH offers you some new 'salad vegetables' to try out! :roflol:
                @Ante1, how about I swap you some of my rain for some of your sun. I am not greedy - it doesn't have to be scorching hot, just clear blue skies and a golden globe lighting up everywhere.

• Like Like x 3
                • Tui34

Tui34 Super Gardener

Retired
                  Ratings:
                  +792
                  Wise move @Ante1 Same treatment here. The shutters are shut by 9.30am. The dog is run by 8am. Cool shower. And then I had to go to the SM for a couple of things. Survived that, had lunch and then sat and watched back to back episodes (old) of Charmed. Some reading. It is only 26°C now, so after dinner I will water the hot soil!!

Start worrying @Penny_Forthem Hope the scan was good news.

• Like Like x 5
                  • Ante1

Ante1 Gardener

Ratings:
                    +574
                    No problem at all @Ladybird4. I would like to sleep normally a night or two.
                    @Penny_Forthem , hope you husband heart scan went well. And my advice is to avoid any unknown veggies or herbs next few day, or weeks.:heehee:

• Funny Funny x 2
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                      Ratings:
                      +5,886
                      I am signing out for tonight. See you all tomorrow. Have a wonderful night everyone.
                      Good Night.jpg

• AuntyRach

AuntyRach Keen Gardener

Ratings:
                      +3,147
                      Just nipping in to say good night. How is it gone 9pm already?! I’ll have a herbal tea and catch up on Wimbledon. Take care all.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
                      • lizzie27

lizzie27 Super Gardener

Retired
                        Ratings:
                        +1,387
                        We've had a good day today and the weather's been very pleasant.
                        Dog sitting for my son at the moment who's taken his family to a rock concert.
                        We're not doggy people but make an exemption for his dog who is very well behaved and rather sweet.
                        I've done my good deed for the day, actually make that two, weeded and tidied their garden and planted a fuchsia I'd bought my DIL, then I did some of her ironing - a never ending pile. Trouble is she has a fancy cordless rather heavy steam iron so I can't do a lot in one go, makes my shoulder ache if I do too much.

Hope your cold soon fades away @Obelix-Vendée and that other's pains and aches subside.

My daughter's currently volunteering at a Food Bank @Ladybird4 and she says it's busy as well.

Rest is good on a hot day @Ante, hope it cools down soon for you.

• Like Like x 3
                        • PatE

PatE Gardener

Ratings:
                          +596
                          Morning everyone. Cold as expected. The ski slope areas are happy, but that’s all.Still no rain for us though.

• Like Like x 1
                          • Friendly Friendly x 1
                          • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
                            Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
                            Ratings:
                            +11,493
                            Evening all. 915 PM here. Got to head out early. Almost packed. got to pack fridge etc. 9 hour drive tomorrow, includes lunch stop. Home in my own bed Friday night. Later.

• Like Like x 2
                            • Friendly Friendly x 1
                            • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                              Ratings:
                              +5,886
                              Friday.jpg
                              Good day to you @PatE, seems odd here to hear about snow - in the middle of July. Tell you what, if all the rain I've had so far this year had been snow, then I reckon my house would be completely buried in the white stuff by now.
                              Safe journey home @redstar.
                              My two planters arrived yesterday and my neighbours had taken in the package. No note through my door to tell me where they were though. When they knocked on the door to pass it over (it was huge but not heavy) they were telling me that their little girl was very excited to know what was inside. She is such a little cutie and was telling me that she had been to big school. Her Mum explained that she had had a taster day at the primary school she will be attending in September. I told her that the box would be big enough for her to get inside once I got the planters out. I am realising that another trip to the GC is needed as I have no way near enough compost in my garage. Each planter holds 42L.

• Like Like x 2