Yawn Yawn Wakey Wakey 2024

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Ladybird4

Ladybird4 I'm a gardener. What's your super-power?

Retired Teacher
    Ratings:
    +5,904
    @Busy-Lizzie, my family are huge fans of Lego - and I'm not talking about the youngsters here either! My middle brother builds planes and cars (he's a jigsaw fan too) and he has motorised models in Lego too. You can have a bit of a breather while the family are in London.
    @RowlandsCastle I have a huge woodpile at the bottom end of my garden. It is a fascinating place and over the years its been there I have watched the breakdown of some of the branches and trunks - from an old mountain ash and a self sown ash that had got out of control - not as tall as yours though.
    Good day @PatE. The sun isn't cracking the flags over here but at least we are warmer than where you are. Have you had any rain yet? I've got plenty to spare!
    Goodness @Tui34 you have some busy times ahead but how lovely having a family get together.

• Like Like x 3
    • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
      Ratings:
      +5,904
      Are you tempted to get on your bike and join in?? :smile:

• Obelix-Vendée

Obelix-Vendée Keen Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +2,385
      I saw a lovely video on FB of a horse leaping a fence to join the cyclists at some point. The T de F spent quite a it of time in the Vendée a few years ago. The only good thing about that was the inventive decorations of roundabouts with bicycles in all their forms and some people and councils along the routes using bicycles and bike parts as decorations in their gardens and roadside plantations.

Possum didn't get as far as Lego but we still have all her Duplo which includes a farmyard, zoo animals and dinosaurs plus a few people. They come in handy on the few occasions we have small people here.

It's dull here today and cool again but we're set to get into th elow 30s later this week. A likely story. Anyway, bookcase painting, other furniture sanding and some soil tweaking so I can plant some ivory coloured California poppies in the rose garden.

Hope all are well. i'm still coughing but feeling more human. Have a great time with family @Tui34 and hope yours enjoy their trip to London @Busy-Lizzie. @Goldenlily26 I paid a lot less than that in P&P for the patchwork book I bought a few months ago.

• Like Like x 2
      • Blue arbour

Blue arbour Super Gardener

Retired and loving it
        Ratings:
        +975
        Morning all,
        Just got back with OH from the hospital. He had an appointment. He was seen on time and so we were not very long at all.
        Just enjoying a coffee now before deciding what to do next. It won’t involve any gardening today though, as it’s too wet, although the sun is now attempting to break through.
        Glad you’re feeling a bit better @Obelix-Vendée. The cough is certainly lingering though.

• Like Like x 3
        • Goldenlily26

Goldenlily26 Super Gardener

Retired
          Ratings:
          +1,692
          Obelix-Vendee, I have 4 books on order, all P&P free. They probably include it in the price of the books. Postage from the UK to America etc. is extortionate. I have stopped sending presents to my family in Canada, it costs more in postage than the present. The last package I sent to them was a hamper of English chocolates, £32.00 P&P!
          I have just given away my patchwork books to a charity shop, along with my art and pottery books, I still have a pile of patchwork magazines to get rid of. There is a patchwork group in the nearby village, might take them along and see if anyone would like them.

• Like Like x 1
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Tui34

Tui34 Super Gardener

Retired
            Ratings:
            +796
            @Ladybird4 No way José!! It's too hot now and anyway, they wouldn't be able to keep up with me!!

• Like Like x 1
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Ante1

Ante1 Gardener

Ratings:
              +574
              Good day to all. Here is already afternoon, but I know you are hour behind. I survived shopping yesterday with sister and mum. It was pure joy to carry all the bags on almost 40℃. Today will rest a bit, and around 4pm I'll go to cottage. Tomorrow afternoon we should have small relief from the heat. We shall see.

You can see how hot it is. :SUNsmile:

jana.jpg

• Like Like x 9
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                Ratings:
                +5,904
                Ha ha @Ante1. I hope that your Mum and sister bought something for you - doing all that fetching and carrying for them. Even if it was just a nice cold drink. Love the picture of your cat - such a cute one. :goodpost:

• Agree Agree x 2
                • Like Like x 1
                  Last edited: Jul 16, 2024
                • lizzie27

lizzie27 Super Gardener

Retired
                  Ratings:
                  +1,395
                  Morning all, Been for my usual walk whilst OH stayed in for the TV aerial man - who hasn't arrived of course, why am I not surprised?
                  Gosh, can just see a strange bit of blue out of the window, hope it lasts while I change into gardening togs.

@Ante, your cat looks absolutely blissed out! Those tiles must be cold. My son and family is heading for Croatia at the beginning of August, hope it will be cooler then.

It's ridiculous, our car club's annual rally in Yorkshire next week has just been cancelled because the field is waterlogged - in July!!! Never had that before, it's bonkers.

@Busy-Lizzie , my son is very peeved that I gave away/sold all his Lego many years ago. I've got one piece left which I found recently, sitting on my kitchen windowsill.

@Tui34 , that sounds a nightmare journey for your niece, the things we do for our children!

Right, I'd better get out in the garden, things to plant.

• Like Like x 3
                  • RowlandsCastle

RowlandsCastle Keen Gardener

Ratings:
                    +3,345
                    The fact that I managed to remove the first tree in a morning, is testament to how much of a danger it actually posed. Quite a lot of the dead wood higher up just broke off as it came down.
                    Okay, so I lost a few cooking apples in the process, and, with a bit of luck, broke off several branches off the second dead tree - removal of which remains a job for another day. As does sawing the lot into manageable chunks for the wood pile.
                    Wife's instructions!!

Oh, and I still have to find that spider. :rolleyespink:

• Funny Funny x 2
                    • Ante1

Ante1 Gardener

Ratings:
                      +574
                      @Ladybird4, they bought my a lunch so we are even now.:heehee:

@lizzie27, hope your son and family have a beautiful time. You can hope, but beginning of August is always the hottest time in the year. I'm sure they will enjoy in holiday.

• Like Like x 2
                      • Obelix-Vendée

Obelix-Vendée Keen Gardener

Retired
                        Ratings:
                        +2,385
                        @Tui34 Possum has booked a one way flight to Rome to meet up with a Belgian friend. In August. She then plans to mosey about on trains slowly making her way back vi Florence and other places in northern Italy but wonders if i'd like to meet her, in our car, in Genoa or Turin (big Egyptology collection in the museum) and drive our way back on a scenic route.

The most direct route to Genoa will take 12 hours and cost 205€ in fuel and tolls or I could take 18 hours and spend 70€. Either one will need an overnight stay. I like driving but also like to enjoy the scenery and I don't like to be melting while I do it, assuming summer eventually arrives. To be discussed further.

• Like Like x 1
                        • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                          Ratings:
                          +5,904
                          I think that was an excellent reward @Ante1. Hope all work at the cottage goes well.

• Like Like x 1
                          • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                            Ratings:
                            +5,904
                            @RowlandsCastle well done on your lumberjacking duties today. A little bit at a time is the way to do things.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
                            • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
                              Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
                              Ratings:
                              +11,493
                              Morning all. Tuesday. its 9:22Am here, going up to 95.
                              Chess club meeting later, and then a much needed hair trim.

Have to have a rant. My husband does not get it. I spent 55 years working with lots of people, staff, so daily talking, talking, talking, supervising, training, lecturing etc. So now retired, and its quiet, no people, just him. And he get annoyed that I am on social medial etc. Or talking to my friends etc. Lets face it, all the housework/garden got done when I worked outside the house over 50 hours a week. I just tell him he's nuts and to get back under that car and shut up. Thanks for the listening. And I figure, he watches football, hockey, car races on the TV just as much as I am on Social Media. LOL,

Later. Too hot to garden outside. shame. needs it.

• Agree Agree x 2
                              • Funny Funny x 1