Yawn Yawn Wakey Wakey 2024

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Jan 1, 2024.

1. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    @redstar, I felt so upset for you (and the neighbours) when I read about the disrespectful behaviour of those 'visitors'. That is the last thing you need. I hope they haven't caused any major damage.[/QUOTE]
    So far there appears to be no damage. Wish I could put here the noise that camera was picking up, as husband says Sounded like a loud bar.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Liriodendron

Liriodendron Keen Gardener

Retired gardener
      Ratings:
      +883
      That's too bad, @redstar . You clearly put a lot of time and effort into making your Air BnB lovely, so it's extra hurtful when visitors don't treat it with respect.

Two hoglets... :smile:

20240812_175020.jpg

• Like Like x 16
      • RowlandsCastle

RowlandsCastle Keen Gardener

Ratings:
        +3,361
        @Ladybird4 take your pick. This is BEFORE the onset of jam making or fruit bottling season starts. Leftovers from 2023, 2022, 2021, ......!
        IMG_20240812_191122866_HDR.jpg
        Just as well I don't expect to add to it a great deal this year.

• Like Like x 7
        • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
          Ratings:
          +11,493
          Update drama. came out in the wash, so to speak, that the guest has a history of not following rules. The assigned property manager has her boss to deal with why she let them in, in the first place. The actual boss and us were the originals together with the house. He just got busy and had to hire folks. They are reporting to airbnb to close the account of the guest so she cannot stay again anywhere. Cleaners been there so far nothing damaged noted, they will be back tomorrow to continue cleaning. It is a large space, 22,000 square foot house, 3 bed rooms 2 baths etc. Frankly, I did not like the assigned lady, told husband she was not affective in her job, took 4 months finally for husband to get it, when will he learn years of supervision of staff you can read people quickly. Later.

• Like Like x 4
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Ladybird4

Ladybird4 I'm a gardener. What's your super-power?

Retired Teacher
            Ratings:
            +5,939
            Good morning one and all. @Liriodendron, thank you for posting that wonderful pic of the hoglets. It was such a lovely surprise to see that this morning when I logged on. Aren't they super!
            @RowlandsCastle, you have been busy - and what a lovely cupboard full.
            @redstar, I was pleased to read that there had been no damage to your airbnb property.
            tuesday-tuesday-good-morning.jpg

• Friendly Friendly x 4
            • Like Like x 3
            • AuntyRach

AuntyRach Keen Gardener

Ratings:
              +3,157
              Good Morning everyone.

I’m ‘afternoons’ today so I’m having a quiet morning before I venture off.

It’s always a treat to see hedgehogs. I haven’t noticed any this year- possibly because we had a visiting fox in Spring.

Have a lovely day all.

• Like Like x 2
              • Blue arbour

Blue arbour Super Gardener

Retired and loving it
                Ratings:
                +975
                Good morning,

brighter and fresher this morning. It might rain this evening according to the forecast.

Such a lovely picture of the hoglets @Liriodendron, they look very cute. I hope the pesky magpies keep away.

Glad your Airbnb property seems to be OK @redstar and that swift action regarding the renter has been taken.

You certainly have lots of home made preserves to keep you going @RowlandsCastle. I don’t think I will have enough tomatoes this year for making chutney, but it won’t be a disaster if I don’t, as, like you, I still have offerings from the last few years to use up.

• Like Like x 3
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Liriodendron

Liriodendron Keen Gardener

Retired gardener
                  Ratings:
                  +883
                  Good morning all. Warm and damp here today (fairly typical of this part of Ireland). Good for apple scab, potato blight, and blackspot on roses...

Glad there's a scheme for banning the renter, @redstar . We have a short blacklist of renters who've "blotted their copybook" while staying at our cottage in Scotland. At the top of the list are the family who came to the island for a wedding, and banked up the stove before they left for the festivities, leaving the vents open and the log basket leaning against the stove... very fortunately, the only people in the village who weren't at the wedding were our next door neighbour and her little boy, who was ill. She heard the smoke detectors going off and rang for the volunteer fire brigade, who arrived swiftly, dressed in their wedding kilts etc, and used our stored rainwater to douse the fire. Damage was minimal, fortunately, though we had a lot of redecorating to do.

When I went out at teatime to put out the wildlife camera, Mrs Hedgehog was having a rest on the concrete just outside the door. She looks tired! She didn't bother rolling up, but just stayed where she was for a few minutes, before trundling off into the flower bed.

hedgehog mum.JPG

• Like Like x 12
                  • Friendly Friendly x 1
                  • Tui34

Tui34 Super Gardener

Retired
                    Ratings:
                    +803
                    Good morning all!

6FAF0AD8-E112-4BCE-BE84-DA20AF709454.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
                    • Penny_Forthem

Penny_Forthem Head gardener, zero staff

Retired
                      Ratings:
                      +812
                      Gorgeous hog pics there.
                      Our woofers have been deposited at their luxury doggy hotel. It has underfloor heating, climate control and wonderful facilities. They trot in without a backward glance!
                      On our journey to the hotel, we will be passing reasonably close to @Bluejayway, so consider yourself waved at!!
                      So far, I have managed to maintain silence about his sis and her hub arriving tomorrow.
                      Impressive relish collection there, @RowlandsCastle
                      How thoughtless are some people @Liriodendron?

• Like Like x 4
                      • Bluejayway

Bluejayway Plantaholic

Retired
                        Ratings:
                        +1,462
                        • Friendly Friendly x 2
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
                          Ratings:
                          +11,493
                          @Liriodendron , a cottage in Scotland, how lovely. Have pics. Scotland was finally checked off my bucket list 4 years ago. Got to Edinburgh----toured a bit, then in 2 days joined up with a "bus" tour group. Looped up to Oakley Island, then down to Glasgow. Went during the Fringe Festival, saw the Military Tattoo. So beautiful. Driving opposite side on the road I am used to, would have just rented a car, but not confident I could do that. So the Tour Bus company happened. They did find some nice Inn's etc to stay in, good food. My first experience with tour bus things, would hesitate in the future. Used to being Independent, have my lists, etc. I guess the seating arrangement is what bothered me the most on the bus. The person next to me, assigned a " window", thought that was it the whole week, like take turns. SMH.
                          End of this month my other bucket list will be checked, exploring Nova Scotia.

• Like Like x 2
                          • Friendly Friendly x 1
                          • Ladybird4

Ladybird4 I'm a gardener. What's your super-power?

Retired Teacher
                            Ratings:
                            +5,939
                            I am signing out for today. The rain started about 2 hours ago - sorry all you people who are desperate for it. I hope that @Obelix-Vendée has had a good start to her journey and that @Busy-Lizzie has got back home safely from her daughter's. Catch up with you all tomorrow.
                            Peaceful evening.jpg

• Like Like x 1
                            • Friendly Friendly x 1
                            • LG_

LG_ Gardener

Ratings:
                              +351
                              Hello all from the Cardiff to London coach. It's been hectic but I was glad to have neatly avoided the 32° heat in London. Got everything done that we intended, walked about 8 miles each day, but most of what Trill needs for her new accommodation is now stored at Bow's flat ready for late September. Just clothes and a duvet plus odds & ends to take up when she actually moves. A level results day on Thursday, though it doesn't make any difference to her destination or course (unconditional place). Still exciting / nerve-wracking to find out whether all the graft paid off in results.

I hope your trip has started well, @Obelix-Vendée , and how incredibly exciting to have plural hedgehogs, @Liriodendron ! Great pictures too. Sorry to hear about troublesome holiday let tenants, but glad there wasn't the damage you feared, @redstar . Have a good trip, @Penny_Forthem

Thanks also for the tip about Monday quiz night. I love a bit of University Challenge, though don't usually watch Only Connect. I might be better at it now than I used to be, because as well as my daily Wordle I do daily Connections (and Artle, Worldle and Where Taken?). Wakes my brain up of a morning!

• Like Like x 5
                              • lizzie27

lizzie27 Super Gardener

Retired
                                Ratings:
                                +1,406
                                Hello all, Doggy hotel sounds good @Penny_Forthem , when can I go and stay!!!! Hope the birthday surprise all goes to plan, my lips are sealed. Have a great time.
                                I'm thrilled with your hedgehog pics @Lirodendron, hope the poor mum keeps going. There was an amazing documentary on TV last night about female tigers in India with stunning photography.
                                Glad your Airbb problem got sorted @redstar, you don't need guests like those.
                                @LG_ that takes me back to my kids university days, travelling across to Cardiff with the first and trundling up and down to Plymouth with the second - every term! Thankfully they didn't overlap as there's 3 years between them. Hope Trill gets the results she wants.

It's been a tad cooler today which is much more doable. Had a session at my beauticians this morning courtesy of birthday money and OH had his hair cut then took himself off to a nearby coffee and cake. He's doing very well and hopefully will soon be back to normal. This afternoon I pruned some purple leaved cherry trees in the back garden while it's dry (rain forecasted for later) and the green bins are empty.
                                The pest control people are coming tomorrow to deal with the wasp nest in the air brick, quite expensive but rather them than me!
                                Another expense tomorrow will the car MOT and service - fingers crossed it won't be too bad but the car's nine years old now so who knows.
                                Have a good evening all.

• Like Like x 4