Yawn Yawn Wakey Wakey 2024

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Obelix-Vendée

Obelix-Vendée Keen Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,421
    Good evening everyone. It's been a long day. 700kms which is 100 less than the route to Namur form home but this was on roads I didn't know and with a long stretch after Poitiers on an N road at 80kph.... I decided to do the dogleg just above Clermont-Ferrand as I wanted to do a wee detour and have a look at the black volcanic stone cathedral.

The town is surrounded by old volcanoes and as I came upto the top an almighty black cloud appeared, sat down on the hills and let loose with lightning every few seconds and simultaneous, instantaneous thunder so loud I could feel it. Blinding rain and hail so down to 30kph for a long stretch. That was a teeny bit stressful so I got off the M-way for a while and did a loop thru the town but they're digging up most of the roads for new tramways so blind alleys galore. I got within a 100m or so of the cathedral which is very black but I'm sure a lot of that is muck from industry. They make Michelin tyres, amongst other things. There are a few fine buildings in the centre but also too much dross. I did get to admire the surrounding hills tho as the cloud cleared just enough.

Shattered now as it's 34C and humid down here between Lyon and Grenoble. Odd to go form storm warning to heatwave and dehydration warning in a short distance. They're expecting that storm here...

Good that you've got Trill organised @LG_ . We like quiz night too tho I prefer UC and Mastermind whereas OH prefers Only Connect.

Lovely to see mum hedgepig @Liriodendron . If you see her like that, try her with some cat food. She'll appreciate not having to hunt if she's as tired as you think. Just take any leavings away before the bad guys find it.

I hope your OH enjoys his birthday @Penny_Forthem.

• Like Like x 3
    • Liriodendron

Liriodendron Keen Gardener

Retired gardener
      Ratings:
      +883
      Thanks again for the suggestion, @Obelix-Vendée . I put a little minced cooked chicken on a lid near the shed entrance used by the hoglets this afternoon; I need to buy kitten kibbles but haven't found any locally. Anyway, the chicken disappeared, and I found a hoglet curled up asleep in the long grass afterwards, presumably with a full tum. I've put out a bit more chicken, hopefully for the second hoglet and/or mum.

• Like Like x 3
      • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
        Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
        Ratings:
        +11,493
        Evening all. just a check in. try to keep up with some of the "letters" from you all.
        @Obelix-Vendée regarding the soot covered church due to local industry, can't help think of folks inhaling all that stuff. Lung issues etc. SMH.

Interesting--continued information regarding the recent "party group" they actually gave us 5 stars. Wonder if they think, they'd better give us 5 stars to maybe change our mind in the future and allow them back. Never. Or maybe they did not read their review yet. Anyway, 5 starts is great.

Its almost 7 PM here. put my feet up and get a movie going, on netflix. Later.

• Like Like x 1
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Ladybird4

Ladybird4 I'm a gardener. What's your super-power?

Retired Teacher
          Ratings:
          +5,939
          Wednesday.jpg
          Good morning everybody. My twin great nieces are waiting for their A Level results on Thursday too @LG_ such a stressful yet exciting time for all these youngsters. Fingers crossed that they are all pleased with their results. The twins have both just passed their driving tests - on the second attempt - and their Mum and Dad are now glad they have chauffeuses!
          @Obelix-Vendée, such an interesting description of your journey so far. Safe onward journey.
          @Liriodendron, lovely to hear the news about your little family. Are there just the two hoglets?
          @redstar, it will be great to just put that unhappy incident behind you now.

• Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
            Ratings:
            +5,939
            @lizzie27 - good to read that your OH is doing so well and I hope that the removal of the wasp nest is successful. My friend who takes me to the Quizzing on a Monday night had noticed that he was getting warning lights on his dashboard about tyre pressure and several other engine problems. He is quite capable in car maintenance and suspected it might have had something to do with the electronic chip in the car but eventually had to admit defeat and take it in to a garage to be investigated. I was horrified when he told me it cost him about £1K to get it put right. His car is 14 years old. Fingers crossed that nothing worrying is found during your car service and following MOT.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Busy-Lizzie

Busy-Lizzie Total Gardener

Retired
              Ratings:
              +3,133
              Good morning all.

Back from daughter Gaby's last night. She had some rain, none here but very cloudy. Should only get to 22C today, thank goodness. Fed up with 35C.

Got back to cook mushroom and cheese omelettes and to watch Vienna Blood, recorded.

Your journey sounds gruelling @Obelix-Vendée, I hope you are enjoying it.

I'm loving reading about the hoglets, @Liriodendron.

Glad they gave you 5 stars @redstar, well deserved..

Good luck to Trill in her new student life, @LG_ .

• Like Like x 2
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • AuntyRach

AuntyRach Keen Gardener

Ratings:
                +3,157
                Good Morning all.

Having a cuppa outside but it’s a drizzly day so far so not inspired to do any gardening - maybe later when/if it brightens up.

Have a good day everyone.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                • Like Like x 1
                • Blue arbour

Blue arbour Super Gardener

Retired and loving it
                  Ratings:
                  +975
                  Good morning,

It’s a grey looking start to the day, no sign of any sunshine yet. We had a lot of heavy rain through the night, which will have done the gardens good as they’re so dry.

Your journey sounded very tedious at times, @Obelix-Vendée, and long. Safe onward journey.

At least you got a good review @redstar, so that’s something anyway. Nevertheless, I bet you’re glad to see the back of them.

Pleased to read that your OH s doing well @lizzie27.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like Like x 3
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • RowlandsCastle

RowlandsCastle Keen Gardener

Ratings:
                    +3,361
                    Another warm (and, so far, sunny) day here.
                    I overslept this morning, much to the amusement of my OH.
                    It's ideal weather for gardening, but we have company today, so I have been requested NOT to get hot, sweaty and grubby.
                    I had been under the impression (mistakenly) that OH was going to be out all day, giving me a "free" day. My memory is playing up these days, and OH has taken to writing things in a small diary to remind me - not that I remember to look.
                    Enjoy your day, everyone, even if you have rain - which we could do with, here in the south-east. Water butts are empty!!

• Like Like x 2
                    • Bluejayway

Bluejayway Plantaholic

Retired
                      Ratings:
                      +1,462
                      We had a brief spell of very fine rain last night (the sort that wets you through!) so I'm hoping there's a can full in the water butts:fingers crossed:. Not had any proper rain for about a month now

• Like Like x 1
                      • Funny Funny x 1
                      • Informative Informative x 1
                      • lizzie27

lizzie27 Super Gardener

Retired
                        Ratings:
                        +1,406
                        Morning everyone, isn't it always the way? I knew I had to be up early to take the car for it's MOT this morning - so woke up at about 4 am. Could I get back to sleep, no, so got up to have a cuppa and a tiny bit of cereal to see if that helped. Went back to bed at around 5 am but only dozed till 7.30 when the alarm went off. Took the car to the garage, walked back and now feel zombielike so might have to have a lie down at some point. Garage has already rung to say the car needs new front brake discs and pads which we were rather suspecting.

We've had more rain which is very welcome, I've got some buckets out to catch as much as possible but we're forecast sunshine late afternoon.

@RowlandsCastle, As well as a calendar in the kitchen, we also have a small whiteboard (from Smith's) on the wall on which we can scribble a shopping list and appointments for that day. As further backup, OH keeps a daily diary and I input my appointments on my phone's calendar.
                        Memory problems - moi!

Good news @redstar about the 5 stars.

Have a good day everyone and enjoy your walk @fairygirl.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • Agree Agree x 1
                        • Tui34

Tui34 Super Gardener

Retired
                          Ratings:
                          +803
                          Good morning everyone!

I too was awake at 5am - again @lizzie27 Finally got up at 6 to make tomato puree and water the garden. Tomatoes cooked and milled by 7.30am. While they were bubbling on the stove to reduce, I had breakfast.

Bike/run with Fizz. Have seen "that dreadful man" twice now, but Fizz is good and just sails by. I just say "Bonjour" - but he doesn't answer.

Got in some nice wine for the weekend from the Wine Co-operative and did the last minute SM shop. Home. Some HW. But a restful afternoon. My lovely friend from Montpellier has the long weekend, so will be here early evening. Stuffed tomatoes and peppers on the menu.

I hope @Obelix-Vendée missed the violent storm in the Isere area. Thought it was coming here around 6pm. It seemed to have passed overhead because Cap d'Agde was trashed. Trees uprooted and those poor campers!! Pretty awful. Not even a drop of rain here!!

I hope you all have a lovely Wednesday folks. I couldn't resist putting this on in reply to @Ladybird4 good morning post!! So excuse me. Happy days!!

C6EFC643-36E9-4F14-91D4-90F1805E170B.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 8
                          • Like Like x 1
                          • floralies

floralies Gardener

Retired.
                            Ratings:
                            +418
                            Hello all, we have rain! loads of it! Went to SM this morning and had to put a waterproof jacket on! Very busy out and about as it's a long weekend here due to it being Ascension tomorrow.
                            Nothing much else to report at the moment so will catch up later.

• Like Like x 1
                            • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
                              Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
                              Ratings:
                              +11,493
                              Wednesday. Got up early, 6AM who knows why. Watched the sun drift up. Coffee in hand.
                              62 degrees here. nice. Garden bed weed out planned. Then a coffee meet up with some ladies, plus errands later.
                              Just continue whatever else distracts me today. LOL. Take care all.

• Like Like x 1
                              • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                                Ratings:
                                +5,939
                                Love it @Tui34! :loll:I have got this for you and 'horrid man'.
                                Voodoo doll.jpg

@RowlandsCastle, I have a calendar on the back of my bathroom door so when I am on the throne I have ample opportunity to see birthdays, anniversaries, appointments, meetings etc. This has worked for me for more years than I care to remember.

• Like Like x 3
                                • Funny Funny x 1
                                • Friendly Friendly x 1