Yawn Yawn Wakey Wakey 2024

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Tui34

Tui34 Super Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +792
    I am allowed to snooze during the day. @lizzie27 The nurses are very good. I brought tea bags with me and they bring me hot water in a tumbler. (Not that hot but - hey - it's tea!! Yes, morphine is given for the first ew days .

• Like Like x 3
    • Obelix-Vendée

Obelix-Vendée Keen Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +2,368
      Good morning! I hope everyone's had a good night, especially @Tui34 and anyone else post op.

It's wet here! Not forecast. And this weekend's forecast for generous downpours has dwindled to a dribble with a thunder storm tomorrow midday and I was hoping for a good, thorough soaking.

@Liriodendron all our plot is either ex cow pasture or ex farmtrack and yards between now demolished buildings. There isn't any of it that's not lumpy and bumpy underfoot so i've come a cropper a few times bothe before and efter new knees. Getting up again can be a comical series of manoeuvres. I hope you're not swollen and painful today.

Lunches sound good @Ladybird4 and @Busy-Lizzie.

i was going to be gardening today - forecast dry with sunny spells - but it's mildly wet so I shall do all the chopping to make a big red salad and then a bit of pottering. Need to go ans see Mme Boiveau this pm about a walking foot that fell apart when I was quilting my Stained Glass Window.

• Like Like x 4
      • Tui34

Tui34 Super Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +792
        Strange how the print goes small all of a sudden. I get given 900g of Gabapentine to take just before I go to sleep, otherwise 1000mg of paracetamol during the day.

At 4am I woke for a wee and the pain was intense. I suppose the painkiller had worn off. I guess it is to be expected to have this pain after being cut about!!

It were me
        @Penny_Forthem who had read Picnic in Provence. It's a much better view of French life than Peter Maybe depicted. The writer is more in everyday life having a little one and a husband on the dole!! I don't think they bought the proverbial chateau, just a house in a village.

The choir sounds like a good idea @Ergates It's all social, isn't it? Good for you!!

Where do you find these lovely pictures @Ladybird4 Thank you for that lovely one about after surgery. So kind.

The nurses are excellent @Obelix-Vendée and are always asking me if I am in any pain. As long as I am sitting or lying in bed, there is no pain - it's just when I move - I can't lift the leg - the sabre seems to come at 4am when I wake for a wee. I can ring for the nurse, but I just try and meditate and relax and not think about it. They're stuffing me with iron tablets, anti inflammatories, pain killers and pills to protect your stomach - Pranzole family!!

And we had pizza last night!! A thick base but pizza all the same - with broccoli!!

That will be a nice lunch @Busy-Lizzie - isn't it good seeing old friends?

The nurse has just been and removed the drain. I have a super huge bandage on the wound which needs to be changed every 2 days or everyday if it is necessary. No shower for 3 weeks - just a cat wash. Very important to keep everything clean and sterile. I am out tomorrow morning. The nurse just told me that the Gabapentine is given for 3 days only as it is also a sleeping tablet and pain killer. It is for nerves. Probably addictive.

Have a lovely day everyone.

• Like Like x 5
        • Liriodendron

Liriodendron Keen Gardener

Retired gardener
          Ratings:
          +866
          Good morning everybody! Hope your pain and discomfort is lessening each day, @Tui34 .

Thanks, @Obelix-Vendée - knee isn't as swollen this morning as it was last night, and isn't really painful unless I do something stupid which twists it. As usual, the Ibuprofen I took in the evening gave me heartburn. Took more this morning with breakfast, in the hope that the food will "dampen it down" - and at least I can remain upright during the day, which helps.

Pleased to see I can use "National book-reading day" as an excuse to my husband, for not doing something "more useful", @Ladybird4 . :yes:

Forecast dry with sunny spells here too, with temps reaching 24. Currently overcast, but we'll see...

• Like Like x 3
          • Obelix-Vendée

Obelix-Vendée Keen Gardener

Retired
            Ratings:
            +2,368
            For anyone who sews - Sewdirect

50% off patterns this weekend!!

• Informative Informative x 1
            • Ergates

Ergates Super Gardener

Retired
              Ratings:
              +1,189
              Glad you got a little time in hospital to recover, @Tui34. One of my friends was booted out the same day after her hip replacement, although it can be easier to sleep at home, but maybe less access to strong painkillers. When I had my gynae op last year, they did give me morphine, but it didn’t help me sleep, the inflating leg cushion things woke me up every time I dozed off.
              They did insist on sending me home with a bottle of morphine which I didn’t need, so I am saving that up for an emergency! I don’t get on with ibuprofen either, but they did give me omeprazole at the same time to protect my stomach. I think the worst bit was the inevitable constipation! Always happens to me after a GA, despite the medication, and as many prunes as I can eat!
              Good to hear from you, @PatE, you’ve been missed!

• Like Like x 2
              • Busy-Lizzie

Busy-Lizzie Total Gardener

Retired
                Ratings:
                +3,080
                My friend got very lost on her way here. She used her phone as a Sat Nav but it kept losing the signal so it took her over an hour longer that it should have done. She's also a bit scatty and thought we were south of her. I'd told her we are west! I had to ring the restaurant to warn them we would be late. Anyway, lunch was delicious. After we went back home I showed her my garden and we looked at photos of what we'd been doing the last year.

It has rained all day.

• Like Like x 2
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • Ladybird4

Ladybird4 I'm a gardener. What's your super-power?

Retired Teacher
                  Ratings:
                  +5,886
                  Good evening everyone. Like @Busy-Lizzie, I had a delicious meal out with my quiz friends today. It was so relaxed that I got home much later than usual plus we had to dodge all the parents picking up small people and the slightly larger students with their mobile phones super glued to their hands. A thoroughly nice time with the weather being really kind to us really was the icing on top of the cake.
                  Lovely reading all of your posts and so pleased you are able to keep us up to speed with your progress @Tui34. I'm pleased you liked the picture (as I yours) as I do try to find suitable illustrations for particular occasions.
                  I am another person who actually cannot take Ibuprofen at all. It gave me ulcerative colitis. Thanks to medication, this hasn't bothered me now for over 20 years.
                  @Busy-Lizzie, I do hope that your friend gets home without too much difficulty. It must have been lovely catching up.
                  When I got home today there was a small package on my doorstep. It contains the dwarf narcissi I ordered from the RHS. Packs of bulbs of Sailboat, Minnow and Sweetness. These are all highly scented so I need them by my back door. Another bulb planting frenzy is on the cards. I am signing out for tonight as after the cricket I'll be watching GW.
                  I hope this picture makes you smile @Tui34:
                  Hip replacement.jpg

• Like Like x 4
                  • Funny Funny x 2
                  • AuntyRach

AuntyRach Keen Gardener

Ratings:
                    +3,147
                    Just nipping in - you’ve all been chatty today. Giving my brain a rest from study this evening - it’s been hard going today. I’m hoping for a bit of dry at some point over weekend as I have some bulbs to plant.

Catch you all on weekend.

• Like Like x 4
                    • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                      Ratings:
                      +5,886
                      Good morning everyone
                      Beer lovers day.jpg
                      I don't think that the weather knows quite what to do yet but I am making an early morning trip tp the GC this morning to finalise the C meal for we quizzers. Of course I might be forced into having a look round as well and I have a suspicion I will be coming home with something. I hope that the home trip goes smoothly today @Tui34.

• Like Like x 3
                      • Tui34

Tui34 Super Gardener

Retired
                        Ratings:
                        +792
                        Good morning all!!

Home day today - TG! Had a horrendous night - no more sleeping or strong painkiller tablet. The night nurse didn't bring me the paracetamol for pain and I didn't shut my eye all night. Too much sleep here I think.

0F257A79-0380-46F1-B887-94030D5915F7.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
                        • Friendly Friendly x 2
                        • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                          Ratings:
                          +5,886
                          Good morning @Tui34. So sorry that you had a dreadful night. Being at home may help now with your recovery. It is just nice to have your own familiar things around you.

• Agree Agree x 2
                          • Like Like x 1
                          • Liriodendron

Liriodendron Keen Gardener

Retired gardener
                            Ratings:
                            +866
                            Good morning - happy Saturday everyone! Fingers crossed the pain soon subsides, @Tui34 , and you find relief from being at home.

It did indeed get hot and sunny yesterday afternoon - hot enough for me to find gardening jobs in the shade. The forecast is dry again for today, though not quite so hot, so I'll get some more washing put out. Yesterday I managed to re-proof a couple of waterproofs, which recommend tumble drying at 30 degrees for maximum waterproofing. We don't have a tumble dryer, but I reckoned that a gentle breeze at 25 degrees on the washing line, in the sun, might have a reasonably similar effect... we'll see, when I go to Scotland in October!

The hedgehog food continues to be eaten, and not, I think, by a cat - unless it has learnt not to leave tell-tale hairs stuck around the entrance to the feeder. But I can't tell definitively that it's a hedgehog, because the trail camera refuses to take photos at night. I've tried changing its settings, to no avail. There may be one last tweak to try before I accept defeat and send it for repair. I'd be very disappointed to find that we're feeding up a large rat... :sad:

• Like Like x 3
                            • AuntyRach

AuntyRach Keen Gardener

Ratings:
                              +3,147
                              Good Morning all.

Great news if you are going home today @Tui34. You should still be having regular paracetamol at the very least though!?

Anyone watching the paralympics? I’ll try to catch the wheelchair tennis final (GB’s Alfie Hewitt) and the wheelchair basketball (GB v US tonight). Have a lovely Saturday folks.

• Like Like x 2
                              • floralies

floralies Gardener

Retired.
                                Ratings:
                                +418
                                Morning all, just sitting down with a coffee whilst i'm making tomato sauce. I've put some washing out but I don't think it will dry, the weather down in these parts is awful at the moment, not even getting up to 20c.
                                @Tui34 you should be given a prescription to take home with you, blood thinners and omeprazole? Catch up with you all later, must finish chopping my tomatoes!

• Like Like x 3