Yawn Yawn Wakey Wakey 2024

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Busy-Lizzie

Busy-Lizzie Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +3,053
    My washing is almost dry, I only put it out about 3 hours ago. The rain stopped at lunchtime and it's been quite warm and sunny.

Off to catch the ferry on Monday. Got the logs in for both fires, it will be winter when we get back. Got my suitcase down from the loft. It's my bigger one as we will be going on a cruise up the Danube in October, leaving from the UK.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Ladybird4

Ladybird4 I'm a gardener. What's your super-power?

Retired Teacher
      Ratings:
      +5,847
      Oh my goodness @AuntyRach I am watching the paralympics from behind a cushion. No spoilers. I am desperate for a cuppa but have got to see this out.
      @Liriodendron, the news of the hedgehog feeder sounds promising. Fingers crossed your last little tweak sorts out your trail cam.
      More bulbs arrived from the RHS today and the man from Yodel said "Didn't I bring you a package like this yesterday?" smiling. I told him he was quite right and that it was more gardening work for me!

• Like Like x 4
      • Tui34

Tui34 Super Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +785
        Hooray!! I am home and have had a lovely fresh tomato and basil salad for lunch with carpaccio of fresh salmon.

Yes, I have @Aunty Rach and @floralies I am armed with a prescription for Lamaline (2 tablets 3x/day) which is 300mg paracetamol. 10mg opium powder and 30mg caffeine. Somehow I don't think they will keep me awake at night! The District Nurse starts tomorrow for anti-coagulant injections and to change the bandage every 3 days. The material and pills have already been purchased by my lovely friend who is staying with me for a couple of weeks. I have 2 iron tablets to take every 2 days. The physio starts Monday morning for re-hab walking. I have been out for a good 10 minute walk today and have little pain. It's when I am lying on my back that the pain sets in. We'll see what the night brings. Fizz is taking it all in her stride - she was sooo pleased to see Mummy!!!

Sp onwards and upwards. There are some nice smells coming from the kitchen!

PS The day nurse was not impressed when she came in this morning and discovered that I didn't even have paracetamol last night. I did ask when the night staff came on at 8pm. She said she'd have a look - and never came back. So I didn't like to bother. These gals are run off their feet.

• Like Like x 5
        • Obelix-Vendée

Obelix-Vendée Keen Gardener

Retired
          Ratings:
          +2,338
          Hello everyone.

Possum wanted lunch out and a raid on the outlet store in La Tranche. When we arrived it was many shades of grey with donner and blitzen just after we parked and rain by the time we got to the restaurant. Not one we've been to before but a good find. Came out to blue skies and the clearest view I've seen yet of the Ile de Ré which is directly opposite. Unfortunately my phone's camera is hopeless except in close-up.

Unless it's plants or fabrics I find shopping very tiring so am flopping with a cuppa and GW.

Very pleased you're home @Tui34 and hope you're armed with a range of meds in case you need them. @Ergates I didn't take the morphine for my first knee but then had excruciating neck pain from a slipped disk and wished I had so this time I cashed in all the prescriptions, just in case.

@Liriodendron Hope your knee is OK and the waterproofing has worked. Hedgehogs can be frustrating but worth the effort. @floralies I saw all your rain on the radar map. I hope it's stopped for a while.

Rhine trip sounds lovely @Busy-Lizzie. In all the years we lived in Belgium we never managed it by boat or the road route with all the castles. Always too busy.

Don't like beer @Ladybird4, except for cooking with occasionally. Hope you got your lunch organised. We do it in May for the patchwork ladies as they all have umpteen lunches and dinners with family and friends at C and NY then all those galettes du roi. Most of them opt for seasonal fish and veg for their lunch.

Still studying @AuntyRach? When's the exam?

Did you get your meal booked @Ladybird4? We do our patchwork club meal in May on the grounds that everyone has so many family and friends celebrations over December and January. The older ladies also prefer the better weather

• Like Like x 5
          • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
            Ratings:
            +5,847
            I can almost 'hear' your happiness at finally getting home again @Tui34 and I can imagine Fizz's delight! May you continue moving forward with your recovery and bless your good friend for being such a massive help.
            @Liriodendron I remember when I had to rewaterproof my walking gear. The spray instructions advised using a warm iron on the garment after spraying to 'seal' the product. I meant to mention that in my last post.
            @Obelix-Vendée, I did manage to get to the GC and book for we 9 friends. Needless to say, several plants and other things launched themselves at me on my way out and I came home with three Asters - Blue Lagoon, Alice Haslam and Audrey + an echinacea White Swan. These 4 plants were on offer, all 4 for £10 and I also couldn't resist some Crocuses Firefly and Fuscotinctus. One more plant was Leucanthemum Broadway Lights - a big yellow daisy - finally the non-plant temptations were two deep troughs. I am a total sucker at GCs but these were things I really really wanted so I am well pleased.
            @Busy-Lizzie, my Bestie has done a river cruise with her Mum and they absolutely loved it. You will hardly be at home before you are scooting off again!

• Like Like x 3
            • Penny_Forthem

Penny_Forthem Head gardener, zero staff

Retired
              Ratings:
              +784
              20240907_180905.png You've all been very busy.
              On the contrary, we have done a mini herb sweep of the little GC, done several puzzles, run the dogs, tried to organise a Christmas lunch and basically, slobbed. It's been great!
              Maisie says nightie night. She's 15 and a 1/2 tomorrow. She wanted you to know that.

• Like Like x 9
              • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                Ratings:
                +5,847
                @Penny_Forthem such a gorgeous picture! Thank you for posting that.

• Agree Agree x 2
                • Like Like x 1
                • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                  Ratings:
                  +5,847
                  Signing out for today. See you all around tomorrow.
                  upload_2024-9-7_18-41-28.gif

• Friendly Friendly x 1
                  • AuntyRach

AuntyRach Keen Gardener

Ratings:
                    +3,119
                    Evening folks.

Well Maisie is adorable then @Penny_Forthem!

That’s a good selection from the GC @Ladybird4. I have some Asters in pots ready for their showcase soon. One was ‘near dead’ after last Winter but I think it will flower, albeit a bit straggly. I missed the tennis then saw a spoiler anyway. I was in the middle of some study and was on a roll. The exam isn’t for 10 days yet @Obelix-Vendée but now I’ve gone through all topics, I can just dip in and out this week.

Take it easy now @Tui34 - at least you can give your painkillers on time and have your home comforts, including Fizz.

My curry is nearly ready so catch you all tomorrow.

• Like Like x 3
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Ergates

Ergates Super Gardener

Retired
                      Ratings:
                      +1,182
                      Slobbing in front of the tv, but not actually watching it! Had a busy couple of days. Took our neighbour out for a birthday breakfast and a walk yesterday, managed a short walk despite the rain. Off to the seaside with daughter this morning, and the weather was very kind, dry and bright although not sunny. OH left us after our walk on the seafront, and we hit the shops. Weren’t very extravagant, but it was still lovely to see the pretty colours and fabrics in the autumn clothing ranges. I just bought socks for myself and OH!
                      Pouring with rain since this afternoon, so just enjoying the evening before daughter heads home tomorrow. It has been lovely having her here, and will be strange to go back to our normal routine ( two meals a day with our main meal around 4pm.) We’ve been eating three meals a day, plus puddings after dinner, I weighed myself this morning, and was very relieved that I was actually a pound less than a couple of weeks ago!
                      Hope you manage to keep the pain levels down, @Tui34. Always used to recommend paracetamol four times in twenty four hours, with ibuprofen also four times, but taken halfway between the paracetamol doses, so that as the effect of one painkiller reduced, the next one kicked in.
                      Hope the studying is going well, @AuntyRach. Don’t envy you, I still get the occasional dream where I’m trying to sit an exam in a subject I’ve hardly heard of! Very unsettling!

• Like Like x 3
                      • Busy-Lizzie

Busy-Lizzie Total Gardener

Retired
                        Ratings:
                        +3,053
                        Not the Rhine @Obelix-Vendée, it's the Danube. Looking forward to it but I hope my knee can cope with sightseeing. Not 'til mid October.

• Like Like x 2
                        • Friendly Friendly x 1
                        • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                          Ratings:
                          +5,847
                          Sept 8.jpg
                          A very good morning to you all. Gosh it is dark these mornings. I have to wait a while until I can weigh up what Mother Nature has in store. I got a little hint, as Cricket came in and he is decidedly damp.

• Like Like x 1
                          • Funny Funny x 1
                          • Tui34

Tui34 Super Gardener

Retired
                            Ratings:
                            +785
                            Good morning all!!

Very uncomfortable and painful night because I have to lie on my back so the outstretched leg is painful. I finally got up at 6am with a "wooden" leg and buttock and the position of sitting on the couch was better. Once breakfast was had with painkillers, you'd never know the night of pain I'd had!! All is cleaned up, I am washed and tidy and will settle down to read whilst I wait for the nurse.

I want to go to the GC too!! A river cruise might be nice - I watched Jane McDonald doing one. Looked quite nice.

That's nice @Ergates to have your daughter staying with you. She probably felt like she was a teenager again!!

Have an enjoyable Sunday everyone.

• Like Like x 3
                            • Obelix-Vendée

Obelix-Vendée Keen Gardener

Retired
                              Ratings:
                              +2,338
                              Good morning. Bad night here too for some reason. Just couldn't sleep.

Instead of lying straight can you prop your leg with a pillow @Tui34 so there's less stress on the muscles and connections round your new hip? I know propping my new knees helped me get more comfy.

Damp felines here too @Ladybird4 and a live mouse at around 1am so a busy Minstrel too. I finally fell asleep some time around 5am, only to be woken by a damp Cosmos wanting cuddles and breakfast at 6am. I'll not be doing anything requiring much concentration today.

The forecast has changed from stormy to mild and dry so maybe a potter outside later. More coffee first.

Happy Sunday everyone.

• Like Like x 2
                              • AuntyRach

AuntyRach Keen Gardener

Ratings:
                                +3,119
                                I slept in today! Just been pottering about outside whilst the rain has gone elsewhere for a bit. My Myrtle is late to flower this year, but it’s looking lovely, with plenty of buds yet to open. I might do my bulbs today plus help MIL with hers. I don’t usually bother with a specific bulb compost but I found some in the GC last week so will give that a go. The peat free MPCs seem to hold moisture too much at the bottom so hopefully this is more free draining.

Enjoy Sunday everyone. Keep up the rest/mobile/exercise regime @Tui34 .

• Like Like x 3