Yawn Yawn Wakey Wakey 2024

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Tui34

Tui34 Super Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +796
    Good morning all! Good morning @Ladybird4 Where are you @PatE ? The days will be getting longer and a bit warmer now.

730DE379-D5C4-4D5F-B026-B6C297C0E2EC.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Ladybird4

Ladybird4 I'm a gardener. What's your super-power?

Retired Teacher
      Ratings:
      +5,904
      Good morning @Tui34 - loving your picture this morning. Did you have a better night last night? I do hope so.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Busy-Lizzie

Busy-Lizzie Total Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +3,118
        Morning all.

Sunny but chilly here in South Norfolk. I've put the heating on, turned it off for the night. Condensation on the windows.

No plans for today but there is a lot of dead heading to do in the garden.

• Like Like x 2
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Liriodendron

Liriodendron Keen Gardener

Retired gardener
          Ratings:
          +879
          Good morning all.

Chilly here too, but I slept better with the blanket on the bed. It's beginning to look a lot like Autumn...

Yesterday's "Knit & Natter" was a bit different from usual, with a visit from the lady who looks after the embroidery collection at the Clare Museum. She brought lots of exhibits with her, the result of a philanthropic English woman setting up a sewing and embroidery school in the late 19th century, to teach impoverished young women a trade. The hand-sewn seams were amazing, finer than anything you could achieve with a sewing machine. My favourite garment was a child's dress, edged with cut work embroidery and crochet lace, with a smocked bodice and sleeves.

Better get on. I've got a rehearsal this evening for a concert next Friday, and one of the songs is in Swedish, with some very quick bits. I'd better learn the words...

• Like Like x 3
          • Blue arbour

Blue arbour Super Gardener

Retired and loving it
            Ratings:
            +975
            Good morning,
            A beautiful but cold start to the day today. Just getting prepared for my Pilates class, so thought I’d do a quick post whilst there’s time.
            It certainly did chuck it down yesterday afternoon here, with rumbles of thunder as well. Odd weather indeed.
            Good to hear that punkdoc is doing well. I miss his knowledgable posts.
            The knit and natter sounded interesting @Liriodendron.
            Well, I’d better go. Might come back and post some more later and catch up with further posts.
            Take care everyone.

• Like Like x 4
            • Allotment Boy

Allotment Boy Lifelong Allotmenteer

Retired Medical Lab Scientist
              Ratings:
              +354
              Good morning everyone, it seems we are all experiencing similar weather. I dodged the rain yesterday but when I got back from my volunteer day, my wife said she had to wait at the SM exit for about 10 mins, till the torrential rain eased. The SM is barely a mile away so all very localized.
              I too miss punkdoc's contributions, and others who either left, or didn't come over here. Often wonder how they are getting on.

• Agree Agree x 4
              • Like Like x 1
              • Tui34

Tui34 Super Gardener

Retired
                Ratings:
                +796
                Cooler here today as well. It this just a cold front or are we in for an early autumn?

Just love the doggie snout @Penny_Forthem My Fizz is just so good.

The bandage gets changed today @floralies and I have strict instructions not to get it wet. So, I am a good girl and don't stray off the path. Definitely don't want to go back to the clinic yet!! I think my progress has been good - I am happy with the way things are going. My nights are uncomfortable and I need to get out of bed in the morning to get the circulation moving. But I can do things now - like vacuuming, making the bed, dishes etc. Slow but manageable.

Nice video @redstar Glad you are back in Norfolk @Busy-Lizzie Shame having to come home to a funeral though.

My brothers-in-law have put my father-in-law (89 and has memory loss) into a home which is according to one BIL, a private home who take in half a dozen old people and look after them. So it isn't an Old People's Home as such - apparently, it costs more or less the same. I can't get down to see him yet - but his first night was good.

I have found a Jojo Moyes book that I haven't read called One Plus One. So that will keep me busy.
                Oh - here's the nurse.

• Like Like x 3
                • Penny_Forthem

Penny_Forthem Head gardener, zero staff

Retired
                  Ratings:
                  +809
                  Morning.
                  I will be wearing 'longs' today.
                  I am not sure of the reason why p'doc and dove left. She did write to me to tell me she was leaving the board, but not sure of the reason. Miss them, but respect their convictions.
                  Been looking at the small plates menu - so many choices! Will report back.
                  Hope you can all dodge the rain and keep warm.

• Like Like x 2
                  • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                    Ratings:
                    +5,904
                    Enjoy your trip to the Wirral to meet up with your friend @Penny_Forthem. Your progress is sounding good @Tui34. I love the sound of the child's dress @Liriodendron and it brought back a memory of doing smocking many years ago. Good luck with learning your Swedish song!

• Like Like x 4
                    • Obelix-Vendée

Obelix-Vendée Keen Gardener

Retired
                      Ratings:
                      +2,385
                      Hello everyone. Bright and sunny here but below 20C so far. I'm still wearing sleeveless cotton summer frocks but need a cardi in the mornings.

Weekly SM raid done this morning. Possum says it's chocolate day tomorrow so, don't tell her, but I'll be doing a version of mexican tacos with some chocolate in the chilli beef and the chocolate cake I shall bake uses red kidney beans instead of flour. A worthy experiment I feel.

She hasn't finished her chest of drawers @Ladybird4 but I read a minor riot act last night and pointed out that autumn, with its damper weather, is on its way and she needs to get the wood worming done this weekend and the sanding next weekend so it can come indoors for painting and we can have our garage back. Message received. I hope.

@Penny_Forthem lovely photo. Hope you made it to the Wirral OK.

Lovely pic @Tui34. Glad you're doing well and are pleased with progress. Better sleeps will come and you can nap by day if you need it.

Good luck with learning the Swedish words @Liriodendron.

Dead heading needed here too @Busy-Lizzie but maybe not today. Have to go to CAVAC for bedding for the chooks and then France Rurale for pelleted chicken poo and, if I have time, I have 4 bags of clothes and a box of household stuff for the equivalent of the Oxfam shop here - a local council run place that accepts and sells clothes, ornaments, furniture etc and re-furbishes electrical goods.

Hope you're all having better weather and can enjoy some gardening or walkies as apllicable.

• Like Like x 4
                      • Blue arbour

Blue arbour Super Gardener

Retired and loving it
                        Ratings:
                        +975
                        Well, what strange weather we’re having - it’s dazzling sunshine and tippling down. Theres a pretty rainbow at the back of the house.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                        • Penny_Forthem

Penny_Forthem Head gardener, zero staff

Retired
                          Ratings:
                          +809
                          As I was brushing my teeth this morning, a filling fell out. Great!
                          I have an appointment for 2 weeks today - good job it's not painful at the moment. (I was honest and did tell them it's not)
                          I chose a bowl of cacio e pepe and a side of plain garlic mushrooms. I find their 3 plates for a set amount of money too much. They might be small plates, but not small portions. We all left, stuffed!!

• Like Like x 1
                          • Friendly Friendly x 1
                          • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                            Ratings:
                            +5,904
                            Good afternoon everyone. It was strange - weatherwise - here @Blue arbour. Tipped it down this morning but this afternoon was wonderful and I made the most of it by getting some more buibs planted. I've only got about 150 to go. I think I got a bit enthusiastic! :heehee:
                            I hope that Possum does get the message @Obelix-Vendée especially as you are preparing a nice surprise for her tomorrow. Sorry to read about you losing a filling @Penny_Forthem. I had to look up cacio e pepe as I have never heard that name before. I know that I would find that delicious as I am a bit (lot) of a cheeseaholic. I hope that your tooth stays pain free until you can get it sorted. I am signing out now so I wish you all a pleasant evening. Catch up with you all tomorrow.
                            upload_2024-9-12_17-40-3.gif

• Like Like x 3
                            • lizzie27

lizzie27 Super Gardener

Retired
                              Ratings:
                              +1,397
                              Hello folks, sorry, I've been too busy gadding about with my sister to post much and but have managed a quick read back.
                              We had a good day out yesterday visiting Compton Acres Garden at Poole. I'll try to edit and post some pics on the garden visits thread. It was a long day though, involving over five hours driving so very tiring. The weather was good but on the chilly side out of the sun.

My daughter's just arrived so no doubt another day out might be on the cards tomorrow.

Must go, it's wine o'clock time!

• Like Like x 4
                              • Ergates

Ergates Super Gardener

Retired
                                Ratings:
                                +1,192
                                Sunny start to the day, then a rain shower, then more sun, and repeat that pattern a couple of times. OH was thinking of going out and gardening, but the weather has put paid to that idea. I’m still suffering a bit with this cold, but managed to get the bed and towels changed and washed, plus two lots of other laundry. Into town tomorrow for the car annual service, I am planning to spend the time wandering around the shops, very indulgent! Don’t expect to buy much, I don’t need much and probably won’t see that much that I’ll like, but I shall enjoy browsing.
                                Glad you are making progress, @Tui34, but I’d be much happier if you weren’t expending your energy on vacuuming and doing the dishes!
                                @Busy-Lizzie, thank you so much for the update on Punkdoc. Reassuring to know that he is ok. I really miss his knowledgeable input, felt rather bereft when we lost contact with him and Dove.
                                I’ve eaten too much! Made some custard for OH, his favourite, so I microwaved a couple of plums and had them with the leftovers. Delicious, but I should only have had one plum! An early night for me, then up at silly o’clock to join the rush hour traffic into town. Sympathy to all those still working, I’ve really got out of the habit.

• Like Like x 4