Yawn Yawn Wakey Wakey 2024

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Tui34

Tui34 Super Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +796
    I have 5 sessions @floralies She is due back next Friday and in the meantime, walking is the order of the day and the now 6 sets of exercises 2/3 times a day.

Actually @Obelix-Vendée I didn't like the idea of taking out the cushion from under my knees in bed either, so I wasn't going to do it. It's only for around 8 hours to get some relief. So it can't be doing much mischief to my extension!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • AuntyRach

AuntyRach Keen Gardener

Ratings:
      +3,155
      Afternoon all. Just nipping in to say hello. I’m so tired I might need to inspect the inside of my eyelids before thinking about making food.

Take care folks.

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • lizzie27

lizzie27 Super Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +1,395
        Afternoon all, thankfully we've had a rather nice, dry and sunny day here after a chilly night.
        Enjoyed a leisurely morning then daughter and I went up to the local GC for a light lunch. Left the car in their carpark whilst we had a bit of a hike up the hill opposite. I've always wanted to see the view from the top so it was worthwhile. You could see round for 360 degrees, amazing, the two River Severn bridges and the Welsh hills in one direction, the Mendips in another and thro the valley the far side east of Bath. Went back to the GC because I had one of their money off vouchers and didn't need any more plants so just treated myself to a Rose Petal Shower Gel and got an Anniversary card for OH for our forthcoming anniversary - 28 years, can't believe it!

Hope you get on ok without the painkillers @Tui34, OH managed to reduce his after the first fortnight. It's fascinating reading about the different procedures/aftercare in France compared to ours in the UK.

Enjoy the weekend folks.

• Like Like x 4
        • Busy-Lizzie

Busy-Lizzie Total Gardener

Retired
          Ratings:
          +3,118
          @Tui34 my OH in the UK put a pillow under his knee and it didn't do any harm and helped him to sleep. He didn't have skin stitches, he had glue sprayed with a waterproof spray, no need to take out stitches or replace dressings. It just all peeled off eventually. He's back to normal now. I'm now the feeble one with my knee ligament problem.

Kay's car was collected by a man with a huge car transporter. It has gone for spare parts then the scrap heap.

We've been in the garden this afternoon. I did deadheading, lots, and I moved 2 barrow loads of pavers to the back garden. I did 3 yesterday, makes my arthritic hands and back ache. More to do. They were on a pallet on the drive near the pavement, left over from out new front path. I had wondered if they might get nicked. They are for a path near the summer house.

OH cut down the huge dead ceanothus. It was going rotten inside its trunk. He filled the garden bin with it and will have to take the bigger branches and the trunk to the tip.

• Like Like x 3
          • lizzie27

lizzie27 Super Gardener

Retired
            Ratings:
            +1,395
            Take it easy @Busy-Lizzie, you don't want to do your back in again!

I've just posted (or tried to) about a dozen pics of our Compton Acres trip last Wednesday but now can't find it on the Garden visits thread. Not sure if it's too many pics in one go or someone is trying to post at the same time.

• Like Like x 2
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • katecat58

katecat58 Gardener

Ratings:
              +313
              @Busy-Lizzie, make sure your NDN fills in the paperwork for the car. My neighbour recently got a letter with a fine of about£700 because she left it to the scrap merchant to complete the relevant document (sorry, can't remember the technical term). My neighbour has appealed but has had to provide evidence of payment received, insurance cancelled etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
              • Informative Informative x 2
              • Like Like x 1
              • Obelix-Vendée

Obelix-Vendée Keen Gardener

Retired
                Ratings:
                +2,385
                @floralies and @Tui34 my prescription for physio specified daily treatments at hme for the first 2 weeks then as needed at the physio's place. None of the locals were prepared to take on new clients, let alone daily home visits, so we rented the knee machine as advised and then OH got a golfing friend to take me on.

3 sessions a week to start, then two. I did 9 months for the first knee and needed 13 months with the second but then the Palais des Papes steps iin August woke up a tendon and I'm back at weekly sessions. I get about 25 mins in a treatment room on a bench doing exercises with weights and elastics on my ankles and sometimes having a massage and then move to the "gym" for the exercise bike, big bouncy ball, balancing boards, assorted elastic exercises and my favourite - forward knee bends with dumb bells. Takes me about an hour all told and the gym usually involves some chat and banter.

I met a woman a few years ago who had both hips done at once but when that happens patients here get sent to rehab centres for 2 or 3 weeks or more. Stops them being distracted by family and domestic chores I suppose.

• Like Like x 3
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Ergates

Ergates Super Gardener

Retired
                  Ratings:
                  +1,192
                  I’m impressed at the availability of post op physio, all my friend here got was a leaflet! And she then developed a thrombosis, and only got a scan done within the recommended time because the hospital had a ‘cancellation’. Not good at all.
                  I’m also shocked at the lack of handwashing. What is going on? Lack of training, monitoring? I would be very tempted to speak to their supervisor.
                  Back from a trip to the garage to have the car serviced. Traffic was awful both ways, but I listened to music, and opened the sun roof. The independent garage we now use has been so good. Half the price of the main dealer, who also insists on keeping the car all day, even when the service doesn’t take that long. I headed off towards the shops, managed to kill nearly two hours in TKMaxx, (!) and had just finished a coffee and muffin in the cafe next door when I got a call to say the car was all done. Home in time for some gardening, but I didn’t have the energy! A late lunch and an afternoon nap instead.
                  Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend.

• Like Like x 2
                  • Ladybird4

Ladybird4 I'm a gardener. What's your super-power?

Retired Teacher
                    Ratings:
                    +5,904
                    @Ergates pleased you read that your car servicing allowed you all the lovely browse time in the shops.
                    @katecat58 is it a SORN that is required? I hope that the car started @Busy-Lizzie or did they just tow it onto the transporter. I only ask because when mine was left during the covid pandemic, it refused to start the first time I went to use it. The battery was as flat as a fluke.
                    @lizzie27 all your pictures are on the thread and very beautiful they are too. Thank you for sharing them
                    I have spent a few hours today reducing a Choisya to a centimeter of existence as, like @Obelix-Vendée's muehlenbeckia, it had out grown its space. I am hoping it will sprout again and then I can keep it within bounds. I also managed to get a wash load done.

• Like Like x 3
                    • Friendly Friendly x 1
                    • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                      Ratings:
                      +5,904
                      Well it is time for me to sign out for today. Enjoy your evenings. Catch up with you all tomorrow.
                      Weekend.jpg

• Like Like x 2
                      • katecat58

katecat58 Gardener

Ratings:
                        +313
                        @Ladybird4, it's what used to be called the log book, which has to be completed to transfer ownership, and thus liability for any misdemeanours.

• Like Like x 1
                        • Busy-Lizzie

Busy-Lizzie Total Gardener

Retired
                          Ratings:
                          +3,118
                          @katecat58 NDN has died so her granddaughter arranged for the car to be taken away. She works and lives 2 hours away so she asked me to give him the keys and take the paper to send to the DVLA. @Ladybird4 the man had a battery charger.

@lizzie27 I've seen your lovely photos on the Garden Visits thread too.

• Like Like x 2
                          • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                            Ratings:
                            +5,904
                            National+Cream-Filled+Donut+Day.jpg
                            A very good morning one and all. Thank you @katecat58 for putting me right. That's the V5C. I had to put mine away somewhere safe as I would have immediately started wondering where it was if it was needed. :smile:
                            Today is going to be another bulb planting day and I am thinking about revamping one of my borders - clearing out and starting again! I think I better take my temperature to make sure that i'm not running a fever! I had ordered an Astilbe Fanal the other day and received a parcel yesterday which contained a Penstemon Raven.:scratch: I contacted the nursery and they were most apologetic. They are sending out the Astilbe on Monday. I looked up the Penstemon and it is beautiful so I told them that I would be happy to pay for it and keep it.

• Like Like x 2
                            • Tui34

Tui34 Super Gardener

Retired
                              Ratings:
                              +796
                              Good morning all!!

Rough night - but hey - my stomach feels fine!!

ACD07F08-5C3C-4825-8568-F4BF4CEF2F06.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
                              • Friendly Friendly x 1
                              • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                                Ratings:
                                +5,904
                                Good morning @Tui34. Shame about the rough night but considering what you have been through I guess it is to be expected.I'd pass on the housework for now :biggrin: Just think about that joyous walk you can have with Fizz. :doggieshmooze:

• Like Like x 3