Yawn Yawn Wakey Wakey 2024

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Ladybird4

Ladybird4 I'm a gardener. What's your super-power?

Retired Teacher
    Ratings:
    +5,904
    Gosh @redstar, you have certainly got your work cut out there. Respect to you with all that driving. I think that the longest I've ever driven was a stretch of 3 hours on a journey going down to my sister's caravan in the South of France. It took me an hour to get straight afterwards but, like you, I really enjoy travelling like that as opposed to flying because you get to see all the marvellous countryside and I love driving in France.

2. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Well, you do not know the half of it. Last year we toured with the show car to 7 shows in the USA. So its tow car pulling the enclosed trailer that houses the show car. And it is days of driving, and planning where to stay on the way. Parking lots have to be large enough for a trailer, and near a restaurant, he only drives 4 hours at a shot due to stress from the trailer etc. So we have been as far as Michigan (west) and Missouri (south). So its locking down the trailer each night at our stops etc. I am good at Google Earth to actually see the parking lot size and lay out of hotels. Its a whole ordeal. This year we are traveling less, first car show is in August, going to Lewisville, KY. That car show brings in over 10 Thousand cars, its something else. Also planning a Maine trip to Nova Scotia end of August. Packing so much easier in a car, can hang clothes if want etc. no one checking your bag.

Also, in 2025 we have been asked by a Canada Car show to bring our lady up, they want to make her the main attraction, and foot the whole bill. (hotel etc). Kind of neat. They offered two years ago, during the virus thing, but we were hesitant about crossing back them doing something. (who knows). Later.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Ergates

Ergates Super Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +1,192
      Wow, how exciting, @redstar! Do you have a picture of your car on here? I don’t envy you the driving though, don’t enjoy journeys over two hours at all. Before we moved to Devon, I started work down here, and had to do a two hour drive before and after a days work. I used to enjoy it then, listened to music, and saw lots of wildlife in the fields in the early morning.
      I don’t think I could have coped with an eight hour drive in one day though.

We spent the morning in the garden, and the green bins are full! I wish I would remember to take before and after photos, so I can see if I’ve actually made a difference! It still looks like a jungle out there! OH is having a post lunch nap, but I’m sitting by the window watching the bird box on the beech tree. A pair of blue tits are popping in and out with beaks full of moss.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Punkdoc

Punkdoc Super Gardener

Ratings:
        +1,994
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • lizzie27

lizzie27 Super Gardener

Retired
          Ratings:
          +1,397
          Love the blue colour of those squills @Badly_Maintained. I've got some too under the magnolia stellata , those that the squirrels left behind!

• Like Like x 1
          • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
            Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
            Ratings:
            +11,493
            @Ergates , so easy to see lots of pics of our Show Car if you go on Facebook and look her up. Yes, she has her own Facebook and a name, her name is Sasha. So find her on Facebook at
            Sasha Show Car Public, or Sasha Show Car. Then you can read through stuff, see lots of pics.

Cheers to me---tried on last years shorts and they fit just fine, will need for our trip soon.

• Like Like x 2
            • AuntyRach

AuntyRach Keen Gardener

Ratings:
              +3,155
              Evening all

I’ve survived my 12 hour shift and home with a large cuppa :coffee1:

O I’ve been promoted to “gardener”! Thank you GC!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
              • Like Like x 2
              • Useful Useful x 1
              • Liriodendron

Liriodendron Keen Gardener

Retired gardener
                Ratings:
                +879
                Any idea how the rats are getting in, @Punkdoc ? We had rats under the dining room floor in a very old farmhouse in Northumberland some years ago, and they got in via the water main, which had been taken through the (rubble filled) stone wall from the barn next door. We used several cans of expanding foam filler in the hole in the wall, once the rat man had dealt with the rodents, and fortunately had no more trouble...

• Dovefromabove

Dovefromabove Head Gardener

Ratings:
                +2,583
                A day consisting mainly of paperwork and phone calls … but it had to be done and with any luck I’ll sleep better tonight.

Night night everyone, sleep tight … sweet dreams :snooze::)

• Punkdoc

Punkdoc Super Gardener

Ratings:
                +1,994
                We've got no idea, @Liriodendron, any likely we've filled, but they are getting in somewhere.

• Ante1

Ante1 Gardener

Ratings:
                +574
                Good morning all.
                Another working day. At least it's pleasant and sunny outside, little bit windy but I don't mind. I think I'll go to the cottage after school and start with preparation for onion planting. I might start with my diary here about planting and growing veggie. It's time to finish my tea and get reedy. Wish you all a lovely day.

• Like Like x 4
                • Friendly Friendly x 2
                • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                  Ratings:
                  +5,904
                  A very good morning Ante. I will not even speak about what my weather is like :smile: Glad to read that the onions are on your mind. Have a great day!

• lizzie27

lizzie27 Super Gardener

Retired
                  Ratings:
                  +1,397
                  Good morning everybody, unusually for me I woke early at 5.45 am so crept out of bed without disturbing OH and sat admiring the early morning view. The birds started appearing on the feeders around 6.45 am, the goldfinches are delightful to watch.
                  Unfortunately poorly brother had another crisis yesterday but the medics pulled him through again. He's got the cardiac nurse going to see him this morning so we'll get an update later.
                  I'm taking my OH to the surgery for his minor surgical procedure - hopefully, this is the third time of trying! Might even make it to the GC for lunch afterwards and need to buy a Growbag to grow my new perpetual strawberries in.
                  Have a good day everyone.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                  • Ladybird4

Retired Teacher
                    Ratings:
                    +5,904
                    Oh @lizzie27 I am so sorry to read that about your brother. Fingers crossed you get happier news in the update. I can feel a trip to the nursery coming on as I am still hunting some more Eranthis for my front garden

• Friendly Friendly x 1
                    • Coccinella

Coccinella Gardener

Ratings:
                      +139
                      Good morning all

It is one of the perks of getting up early @lizzie27, not in winter of course. I hope your contemplating morning has given you courage to face what it looks like a busy day. I am sorry about your brother, I am sure the medics are doing all it is possible to make him comfortable. But it must be so difficult for the family.

I will have to cajole undergardener to do some more work today. Gonna cook a nice lunch, that usually does it. I am tempted to plant the canna bulbs ... I will take the risk.

Have a good day all

• Like Like x 2