Yawn Yawn Wakey Wakey 2024

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wiseowl, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
    At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
    Ratings:
    +51,883
    Indeed, there is no thread on GC that 'belongs' to anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute to every thread. I did mention on another thread yesterday that it is entirely possible and understandable that things may be feeling a bit strange for some of the original GC gang - things did get quite busy and very rapidly, so things are bound to 'feel' a bit different. That initial spike appears to be over now and things are settling back down, so hopefully anyone who is feeling a bit displaced will come back and carry on as normal in the coming days.

We don't "do" the cliquey thing here at GC as you know and that applies as much to prior GC members accepting new members as it does to new members joining from other forums - everyone here is a GC member and as you know all members are highly valued and treated equally.

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Busy-Lizzie

Busy-Lizzie Total Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +3,120
      I wondered where the Gardeners Corner people were too. I hope they haven't been put off. I would like to meet them.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • JennyJB

JennyJB Keen Gardener

Ratings:
        +1,759
        Morning all.
        It's raining here too. That's good, it'll damp down the soil after Monday's efforts cutting stuff back, hoiking out pesky spanish bluebells etc. Maybe I'll get around to putting down a sprinkle of chicken poo pellets and some mulch at the weekend.

• Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
        At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
        Ratings:
        +51,883
        They are a wonderful bunch of folks (I know I am biased!) - indeed, some of the nicest folks you could choose to meet.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
        • Like Like x 2
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Dovefromabove

Dovefromabove Head Gardener

Ratings:
          +2,583
          Absolutely agree @Busy-Lizzie … I think you can vouch that I don’t bite folk, and I can certainly vouch for you. We’re pretty friendly folks. Just a bit garrulous from time to time. :heehee:
          I spose it could just be explained by the fact that spring has arrived and folk are busier in their gardens and greenhouses?

• Agree Agree x 1
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Ergates

Ergates Super Gardener

Retired
            Ratings:
            +1,192
            Good morning, all. Grey and overcast here, but at least it’s not actually raining. We’ve headed out for breakfast with a sea view, having the excuse that we need supplies, and Waitrose is just down the road from here.
            So sorry to hear about your brother, @lizzie27, I hope he has a better day today.
            Hope the physio goes well today, @Punkdoc, sounds like you are seeing more improvement now? Shame about the rats.
            I was also worried about the absence of past regular posters on here. I’ve been looking forward to reading more about their daily lives, esp those from across the Pond.
            I can sympathise with you, @Dovefromabove, re the admin. I try to do a regular check through our domestic finances, but always get afflicted with what could be IBS, except that I don’t really suffer from that. I suppose I’m always worried that I will open an account to fInd nothing in it, but I do find it all very stressful.

• JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
            +48,979
            I think members tend to frequent specific parts of the forum depending on their interests. Now the weather has improved I'm getting busier in the garden. The edible gardening section is proof of that and I'm really pleased to see both old and new faces actively participating.

• Like Like x 4
            • Friendly Friendly x 4
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • KayJ

KayJ Gardener

Retired
              Ratings:
              +289
              Morning all, and happy Spring Equinox! :hapfeet:
              Yesterday for some reason I felt it necessary to clean downstairs, hoovering and mopping, instead of gardening (since the floors have been very neglected....well, why bother when it's so wet and the dog will promptly walk mud all over them....), which rather stuffed up my back, then took the dog to her scentwork class in the afternoon...which is mainly a catch-up with old friends and a bit of fun for Dazzle :smile:.
              Normal service has been resumed today though....in a mo (when I've finished my coffee....) I'll de-poop the lawn and see if any tidying-up needs doing, then this afternoon it's off to my daughter's to help her with her garden...needs some weeding and tidying, and I have some perennials for her that were divided from mine last autumn....asters, rudbeckias and geums. Going to have to take it steady though, as I have a shoulder problem that should really be rested.....seeing my osteopath next week for ongoing treatment.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
              • Michael Hewett

Michael Hewett Total Gardener

Retired
                Ratings:
                +19,308
                Yes, it's been a bit of a shock for everyone I think. And I do sympathise with people from GW, because in a way they've lost something special in their lives, and any loss can be traumatic, so it's nice that they can still be together on here. However I hope they will 'be together' with former GW members and GC members equally. I'm sure it will all be fine :smile:

• Like Like x 7
                • Agree Agree x 5
                • Ladybird4

Ladybird4 I'm a gardener. What's your super-power?

Retired Teacher
                  Ratings:
                  +5,904
                  Hello @KayJ please could you tell me more about your dog and scentwork. It does sound very interesting and I would love to learn what it involves. Take care with the shoulder, we already have @Busy-Lizzie with a bad back.

• Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
                  Ratings:
                  +55,156
                  I will answer you myself Michael.

It was overwelming to say the least! I am not the most prolific poster nowadays and had already started posting less, except on a handful of links on which I will continue to post.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
                  • Informative Informative x 1
                  • AuntyRach

AuntyRach Keen Gardener

Ratings:
                    +3,155
                    Well it is certainly ‘yawn yawn’ for me as awake most of the night waiting for GP call backs for Dad.

Spring Equinox is a nice thought - bring on the Spring! For me this new forum is part of the new beginnings and joy that Spring promises.

Can’t wait to be into more gardening so can start posting all my questions and stories on here.

Take care all, particularly those with worries or illness.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
                    • Jacquiscrap

Jacquiscrap Gardener

Manager At Theme Park
                      Ratings:
                      +90
                      Hi everyone, had a quick read of the past few pages…. Far too much talk of the dreamer ir-n…. And actual house w—k… ew, off to run around my (sunny ) terrace yippee keep the other stuff under wraps!

• Like Like x 1
                      • Friendly Friendly x 1
                      • pattie

pattie Gardener

retired
                        Ratings:
                        +876
                        Good afternoon merry folks.
                        I've been shopping in town this morning and have just finished lunch and a cuppa. It's wet and miserable weather, so will pootle about on here and elsewhere for a while.
                        Yes, @KayJ, as a dog owner I too would love to know about yours and the scenting work.:smile:

@Dovefromabove, I'm so pleased your son is doing so well. As many of us have said before, credit to you and all the medical staff who have looked after him so well.

Kind thoughts to all with ailments, family worries and troubles.

ps I love it here in GC and can vouch for the wonderful members here plus the hard work the team of moderators put into making this place such a pleasure to be part of.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
                        • Like Like x 5
                        • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
                          Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
                          Ratings:
                          +11,493
                          Wednesday, 8:37Am here in PA, USA, 39 degrees.
                          Yes, @Michael Hewett I am still here. Find it interesting that the others are not here also. As I read through the new chats I know there is no way I can respond to most of the subject area, so that is a given, and asked the new folks to not take any of that personal, as there is a lot they have connected to each other from their history. Its like being at a party where separate circles are chatting, and perhaps another circle over hears something interesting and chimes in, I plan on seeing it that way for now.

Anyway, still working on my coffee. Not sure of the weather today. But I do need to do some garden work if I can. Tomorrow night I go to an awards dinner at a local Winery, the group I belong to is called Octoraro Watershed, they support and promote conservation of a huge Watershed to keep open lands etc. Anyway, each year they have a photo contest, I entered 2, last year I also entered 2 and one of them came in 2nd place of 40 entries. So we shall see what my new 2 do on Thursday night. Meet lots of neat folks there.

Well have a good day all.

• Like Like x 6
                          • Friendly Friendly x 3
                          • Agree Agree x 1