Your opinion please?

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by **Yvonne**, Jan 3, 2014.

1. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,838
    Well said, Dave, and I totally agree!!:thumbsup::snork:

2. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,997
    It's not just Ebay, also check that Amazon Sellers are based in and dispatching from the UK. Yesterday I saw one seller stating they used Royal Mail for delivery, but closer scrutiny revealed they were dispatching from Hong Kong!

I assume everybody knows how to do this, but just in case - Another thing to do is set up a price watch on www.camelcamelcamel.co.uk/ by pasting in the Amazon URL for the item you're interested in such as http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-70-300mm-4-0-5-6-USM-Lens/dp/B000B84KB6/ref=pd_cp_ph_1 then click on 'Find Products' and you'll get some interesting price history as shown below, plus you will be able to set up price alerts. I set mine above what I'm willing to pay and sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised to wake up to an email alerting me to the price has dropped to a record low and then I buy immediately before it go goes up again which can be within hours, or even sooner if there's limited stock.

Amazon
    camelsamazon.png

Amazon 3rd party sellers. Note that low price on Nov 18 2013

camelsamazonsellers.png

P.S. I would have included this in my post yesterday, but the 3camels site was down for maintenance.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
      +28,997
    • **Yvonne**

**Yvonne** Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,347
      Hi

I eventually bought my lenses through these guys who are based abroad but I've used them twice now and each time they have been professional and the products authentic.
      http://www.digitalrev.com/

I paid £229.00 in total (i.e. no import tax) for the 300mm lense and I'm really happy with it.

Thanks for thinking of me though x

• Like Like x 1