Ziggys' Home Plot

Discussion in 'Allotments Discussion' started by Phil A, Feb 24, 2011.

1. bambooruth

bambooruth Gardener

gardener
    Ratings:
    +313
    :mad: sounds like my neighbours my front looks onto leylandii ,piles of cr*p,masonary dust from there constant heating upgrades and there 3 :mad::mad::mad: dogs ...dont get me wrong i have dogs but that household grrrr 3years in a row there f***ing dogs have smashed all the plants in my front garden,the owners charge through my plants :mad::mad::mad: the dogs have cost me a fortune in vet bills from my cats being attacked and 1 of my dogs,what i wouldnt like to do to them and there doggies :D,so frigging frustrating when hours of blood,sweat and tears are put in just for some ignorant t***ers to mess it up and you dont even get an apology ,ok rant over time to get my :D on !!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      I said the other day it looked like this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is what it looks like today.

• Axl

Axl Gardener

Ratings:
      +446
      Damn that looks like it's been hit by a car?

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Drunk driver, demolished the flower stand and shunted the whole wall. He only had to get to the next village, he could have walked:mad::DOH:

• Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
      +28,997
      I guess it's actually worse than it looks because you'll probably need to dig a lot of that bed out to replace the damaged retaining wall.

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Luckly the bottom course of blocks has survived so its only the top 2 that will have to be done.

I'd really rather not loose the whole onion crop, they are right hard against the wall.

Just spoke to the farmer next door, he was in the pub & told the bloke to stop drinking about 7 o'clock he was that drunk.

The accident happened 2 hours later, which means the pub had been serving him for 2 hours knowing he was shite faced already.

• bambooruth

bambooruth Gardener

gardener
      Ratings:
      +313
      oh my god id be absolutely raging :gaagh: :mad: what a flaming mess,hang draw and quarter him :yess:

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      I've just found out he works in London, well not unless he can walk 10 miles to the nearest train station he wont be.

[​IMG]

The force took out most of the wall, bear in mind that its steel reinforced into solid concrete footings, he must have been doing about 60mph thru the village.

Thank God it was my wall he hit & not someone walking along the unlit street.

• bambooruth

bambooruth Gardener

gardener
      Ratings:
      +313
      aye thats true ,hope his cars a write off :D not that im spiteful to ignorant disrespectful folk or owt but 1 can hope :heehee:

• shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +122,455
      Are you going to claim from his insurance? I had a similar thing happen last year. A drunken driver smashed a telephone pole and his van ended up in my front garden.

I put in a very reasonable claim of £200 to his insurance and they paid within a few weeks.

The claim was for replacement plants, clearing (very carefully) the broken glass, reinstatement of compacted soil and replanting.

With your situation it should be for more than that because you will have to charge for reinstatement of steel reinforced wall (digging out, clearing, rebuilding), replacement of fencing, replacement of shelving, replacement of plants etc

I phoned his insurance company and told them I wished to make a claim and they sent me a form immediately.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
      • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
        +28,997
        If it's not a write off, perhaps you could finish it off this way:

YouTube - ‪Pumpkin Drop‬‏

• bambooruth

bambooruth Gardener

gardener
        Ratings:
        +313
      • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +53,889
        That's a real shame Ziggy. You've put in all that hard work to be demolished in seconds!

He hadn't been at that bottle of wine in the top picture had he. :)

Sorry, I shouldn't be flippant, I've slapped my wrists.

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        Thats very usefull Shiney, cheers:dbgrtmb:

I was concerned that his insurance wouldn't cover him if he was over the limit. Had visions of having to persue it through solicitors.

Lost the Mrs's car thru an uninsured driver last year, didn't get a penny back, so I don't want to mess around this time.

• JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
        +48,979
        Oh no, you can do without that Ziggy. I hope he gets banned for a very long time.